Sansa will be too good to pass up for Aegon

Lord Damian

I'm fully expecting a betrothal of Dany and Aegon, to keep up with the traditions of the Targaryen bloodline, once Dany finds out Aegon is alive and well. She'll see his worth on the battlefield and she'll decide that with him, she can continue the crazy ass Targaryen bloodline. It'll be great.

North was badly hurt by the war, I doubt they are eager to get involved into another fight concerning Iron Throne. They want Stark restoration, and, in perfect world, independence, not fight over control for IT. They aren't also an immediate threat to fAegon that he needs to placate. He can fight it out with southerners all he wants and North won't get involved, I believe.

As for Arianne being "old", plenty of young boys are smitten by idea of having sex with fully developed, experienced woman, it's like a dream come true. Prim and proper Sansa can seem boring in comparison.

and of course there is another girl coming his way

Lyanna Stark pretty much has the truth of it all. Took the words right out of my mouth.

Sansa offers nothing. She has no army and no claim to anything. WF is gone, RR is gone and unless she marries in, she is no one to the Vale.

Dorne and its army aren't free, Doran wants the Martell's to rule.

Well, it is a little late for GRRM to bring noble young ladies up for marriage to a King on the Iron Throne. I suppose Margeary Tyrell will be willing, if she is still alive. Let me ask you, Why would GRRM keep Sansa from being raped and spoiled by, Tyrion, Joff (if he could do it at all), the mob in King's Landing, the Hound, Littlefinger (time may be running out on this one) and hell, Tywin could have married her himself but no, why is she still intact, to marry her to someone very important and not some 5th cousin 6 times removed from sweet Robin. The answer is, to a KING. This will also fulfill Cersei's prophecy.

Also, the evolution of Sansa is show to us like any other girl, besides Arya, in ASOIAF, and GRRM gave her a personality that fits for a Queen. Sansa during the blackwater battle, case in point.

Sansa I am confident won't marry Aegon. She has the least to offer over all his other potential suiters:

1) Dany- Dragons and a giant army.

2) Arrienne- Dorne and a fresh army.

3) Margeary- King's Landing and Tyrell army, and still likely keep Dorne on their side due to his Martell blood.

4) Sansa- Exiled princess with no army to speak of, unless you count the Vale, which couldn't be her's unless she marries Harrold Hardyng, which of course makes this all null and void.

Plus there's no way in hell Varys is letting Littlefinger's apprentice to marry Aegon, which would again increase Littlefinger's power. Littlefinger has ruined enough of Varys' plan, and he doesn't want Aegon anywhere near Littlefinger.

I'm fully expecting a betrothal of Dany and Aegon, to keep up with the traditions of the Targaryen bloodline, once Dany finds out Aegon is alive and well. She'll see his worth on the battlefield and she'll decide that with him, she can continue the crazy ass Targaryen bloodline. It'll be great.

Highly doubt it. I think all Varys is doing was at first using Dany and Viserys as a distraction for Robert so he wouldn't go looking for Aegon. At most he was thinking he could get a Dothraki army from Viserys, and then I'm thinking he'd kill him as soon as he got the army. Dany has dragons now, and has screwed up Varys' plans getting them to Westeros as much as humanly possible. All Varys wants from Dany is her dragons and armies, and I think he'll kill her once she marries Aegon, who I think is a Blackfyre (and Varys as well).

I think the Aryanne-Aegon marriage would be unnecessary, because he is practically family. Her cousin, Doran's nephew... Why would he need a marriage pact to gain their strength when they share blood? That marriage could happen only if it's love involved.

Sansa... as many have said, it won't gain him nothing.

Margery... With one move he would gain the South, and already having Dorne he would have the most powerful army in Westeros.

Just my two bits...

Lets say that ravens from Connington reach the Vale and by this time Storms End falls. Aegon will sweep up momentum among the common folk along the way (Varys and his birds are all across Westeros) Dorne will get caught up as well, they have to, it is time. Littlefinger will have a decision to make, take Sansa's you know what and or marry her to Harry the heir, or marry her to the new King of Westeros, Aegon Targaryen VI and secure his own place in power. Afterall, he did save Sansa's life.

If you are Aegon, Sansa's defacto guardian is the lord protector of the Vale, supreme lord paramount of the Riverlands and this Sansa Stark is really a virgin (George did not let the Imp ruin her for a GOOD reason folks) and the true heir to the entire North (we know Bran and Rickon are alive but no one outside of Manderly, Glover's inner cirlcle does), so she is exactly what Aegon will require. the Sooner her can get the throne, a queen and heir on the way, the better for establishing his dynasty. It may not matter but the riverlands are really Tulley bannermen and Sansa is Edmure's heir (the Frey bitch and that baby do not stand a chance) so that only adds to her "dowery" potential. Sansa, when looking at it like this reminds me of Eleanor of Aquitaine or Elizabeth York. This girl is perfect for Aegon (or whateaver his "REAL" name is)

LF would never let Sansa marry Aegon. JonCon hates the Starks because of their part in the rebellion, so he would never let that happen either. LF wants to be king and at this point will almost stop at nothing to achieve that goal. He has the largest remaining army under his control and is also Lord Paramount of the Trident. He can easily outspend almost anyone left, which is how he betrothed Sansa to Harry to begin with. Remember that the financier that Tyrion got destroyed in Cryvasse by was symbolic of how LF, a financier, can thwart him and all the other pieces. Aegon will end up with Danny or Margaery, but not Arianne. I think she is destined for Wyllas Tyrell.

Sansa was only exiled at the fact she was under Lannister power because her wedding to Tyrion. But they both are now Lannister enemy she can restore the faith of the north that she is still Ned Stark's daughter. She is almost 16 and the closest kin Robert arryn has she can use that as power and leverage if she uses all she has been taught. Its sort of the same thing with bran and rickon they think there died but they actually aren't. She was just expected to be prisoner until they grew bored of her but thanks to littlefinger no longer.

Sansa was only exiled at the fact she was under Lannister power because her wedding to Tyrion. But they both are now Lannister enemy she can restore the faith of the north that she is still Ned Stark's daughter. She is almost 16 and the closest kin Robert arryn has she can use that as power and leverage if she uses all she has been taught. Its sort of the same thing with bran and rickon they think there died but they actually aren't. She was just expected to be prisoner until they grew bored of her but thanks to littlefinger no longer.

All of this pails in comparison to his other potential suitors. Dany, Margaery, and Arienne all have much more to offer than Sansa does.

Well, if, and I know right now they're very apart from each other, they know each other and just fall in love? Aegon and Sansa, or Aegon and any other girl. You all think about war strategy, politics and diplomatics strategies, but we all see how independent Aegon can be. Even if JC tells him no, he would do it if he wants to.

Also, I think Aegon is very capable and smart, and marrying for love isn't a stupid thing.

Well, if, and I know right now they're very apart from each other, the know each other and just fall in love? Aegon and Sansa, or Aegon and any other girl. You all think about war strategy, politics and diplomatics strategies, but we all see how independent Aegon can be. Even if JC tells him no, he would do it if he want to.

Also, I think Aegon is very capable and smart, and marrying for love isn't a stupid thing.

At the end of ADWD, Jon Connington and co are sending ravens to dorne and the Vale seeking allies. Sometimes allies make strange bedfellows. Besides, Aegon may may be more in control of his life than Connington is for a few reasons, 1 = his claimed lineage, 2 = confidence and 3 = Jon Connington has greyscale and it is progressing.

Hmm. I need to new series--is it good? Sounds like it could be sorta like the Dresden files? (which I loved--more urban fantasy detective than sic fi, but they were a blast)

Seanen McGuire's first three books are not bad but after that there ok.

I don't see the them together. but Sansa may well soon be come one of westeross, most powerful women. After her wedding, with all of the Vale, some of the riverlands, and some north man behind her. LF may well band together with Aegon and Jon Con because he is adaptable and they mite be useful too him, for a time. Plus Jon Con will need more allies, it has been said before, that Dorne can't win the war for the iron throne, and the the Gold Com has only so many men.

Sansa may well be wedded and widowed before the end of the year, making her a good match for Aegon. But I still don't see Jon Con letting it go threw.

At the end of ADWD, Jon Connington and co are sending ravens to dorne and the Vale seeking allies. Sometimes allies make strange bedfellows. Besides, Aegon may may be more in control of his life than Connington is for a few reasons, 1 = his claimed lineage, 2 = confidence and 3 = Jon Connington has greyscale and it is progressing.

Off topic, is really interesting that he sent ravens to the Vale, he really do that? I don't recall. I mean, it surprise me since they were the first who betrayed Aerys and I don't know how informed JC was about the death of Jon Arryn but still, its a pretty risky move.

About Aegon, if I heard that he claims he doesn't need get marry because he's a Targaryen it won't surprise me at all. He just wanted to marry Dany because she's his blood and had three dragons so...

All of this pails in comparison to his other potential suitors. Dany, Margaery, and Arienne all have much more to offer than Sansa does.

Sansa could have the Vale, Winterfell, Riverlands with the help of strong men how does that pail in comparison she is the blood of a king not just unbedded wife or cousin to a prince. She is a great beauty and developing politician the girl is green but give her time to come into her own. Arianne is a woman grown and so is Margery, Sansa had no time to grow her father left her naive doesn't mean she stays so and I don't care I think she deserves better then a pretender but maybe she won't care about that.

Only, Sansa is already married and not available.

So no, I think politically, Sansa is far down the list after Arianne, Dany, Margaery and Asha.

Of the four people you listed three of them are married as well.

The prince of Dorne didn't put all his dragon eggs into one basket. He's trying to have his son meet Dany and Arianne meet Aegon. Their armies are apparently ready to go with a single word from a raven.

Dany has a consummated marriage to a King that she would have to dispose of for trying to kill her before she could marry anyone. Assuming she doesn't take a second husband.

Magaery(third non consummated marriage) jumps ship again if Tomlin dies. I'm starting to think she's a black virgin widow

Asha is married as well and her uncle taken her father's seat. What does Aegon get if he marries her? Some pine-cones?

Dorne wants to go to war it seems like. They've been planing their revenge for fifteen years.

Arianne arguably has the most to offer immediately. 50,000 swords and spears. Magaery second most (after all she's tied to Tomlin and her family has many ties to the Iron Throne even if Tomlin dies now), Sansa is third. She can't offer much now but taking her hand forms an alliance with the North Riverrun and possibly the Vale. Dany will have a ton to offer but it will be awhile before she gets to Westros if at all. Asha currently has less than 20 Ironmen no ships, an uncle that is ruling the Iron Islands and a husband that will kill her if he gets a chance to consummate their marriage.

What about Shireen Baretheon? I know she's got greyscale and is a little young but that is the most far fetched match their could be.

The daughter of the brother that killed his father? Stannis has the backing of the Iron Bank of Braavos and a bit of Northern support currently trying to reclaim Winterfell.

Arianne+Aegon makes sense, Aegon needs some security with his greatest ally. He has an "aunt" with 3 dragons who might not be willing to bend the knee and he needs to make sure Doran stays loyal no matter what. Marriage is the best military contract there is. After what happened to Quentyn, I won't be surprised if it does turn out to be Aegon+Dorne vs. Dany.

Archived