Sansa will be too good to pass up for Aegon

Lord Damian

You're conveniently forgetting about Margaery, who wouldn't hesitate to join with Aegon. She got Sansa to take the fall for her when she is involved in murdering Joffrey, so I doubt she'd hesitate to kill Tommen if it came down to it. I'm betting Aegon marries Margaery in exchange for the Tyrells opening King's Landing for Aegon's Army. He'll reason since the original Aegon had two wives, he will as well and have Dany as his when she comes.

Marg is damaged goods. Suspected whore by the entire city. Bunch of dead husbands. Aegon nees a real women like Arianne :)

Marg is damaged goods. Suspected whore by the entire city. Bunch of dead husbands. Aegon nees a real women like Arianne :)

That wouldn't matter, unless she is proven guilty at triall, Arianne isn't the shy maiden either :P But this is politics and things like love or dead husbands matter none.

That's right. The fact the bride is virgin isn't of such importance when we see what is at stake. Cersei is prone to call other women whores but she's hypocritical 'cause she had sex with her bro long before being married.

Margeary/aegon marriage seems unlikely because tyrells hate dorne and aegon could only rely on martell house.

Aegon/ Dany is unlikely as well, but dany could chose to marry her nephew to avoid a civil war. But if she is truly sterile, she would probably refuses.

Sansa set asides her stupid dreams of charming princes, and i don't understand why she would willingly marry a targaryen, one of a bunch of homicidal inbred who's family murdered her own grand father and uncle. And littlefinger is allied to the tyrells, but his allegiances are switching at will.

Concerning her claim over the north, well Stannis is close to win his war against the boltons (or losing it). Concerning Riverrun, edmure unborn child is the true heir of the tullys, but the tully house is broken, it will only enhanced the grip of littlefinger as lord paramount of the trident.

Her only interest sor far is that she is littlefinger wild card. His plan to marry her to harrold hardyng to command the armies of the vale, then riverlands and the north would make him able to decide the fate of westeros, depending his actions = siding with tyrells, stannis or aegon.

But it will only work if sansa marry hardyng, since riverlands and the north were exhausted by war, and only the vale strength remains unscathed.

:lol: I have to laugh.

Anyway, even if Marg is "damaged goods," if she can give Aegon an army to fight his cause, why not? The question is: will Aegon be Marg's fourth husband to die (if marrying Marg a bad luck charm)? :P

The Dornish puppeteer who is doing a puppet show with a "fake" dragon and then she is beaten by a real Dragon.

Could easily have been Quentyn, i.e. a Dornish "fake" dragon whose strings are being pulled by a Dornish puppeteer Doran Martell, being killed by a real Dragon (Rhaegal)

I have a hard time believing LF will try to marry Sansa to Aegon. If she doesn't marry Harry the Heir, then he doesn't have the Vale to offer, and I do believe that if Rickon comes out, then LF won't even have the North to offer. I also think Aegon will marry Arianne, and then perhaps will try to marry Dany too if she decides to show up in Westeros.

They arent siblings and have never been close , you and i might both think its sick but it is something thats been normalised in Grrms writing.

As for Aegon being exposed by the witness of the infantcide . i doubt Gregor or Amory went around boasting about what happened yet we know of the details of how they were killed from another source. I remember reading that Tywin Lanister presented the bodies to Robert Baratheon so it may be the case that someone that could identify the bodies can bare witness to real Aegon being dead.

Yes, they were never close but I doubt Jon will fall in love with her. And while incest is a recurring theme in the series, I'm sure that incest between siblings is looked down upon in Westeros. Of course the Targaryens were excused as it was a common practice in Valyria, the faith still despised the incest marriages within the Targaryen family. Actually, I believe that Aerys and his sister was the first sibling marriage since Aegon IV, and they hated it. Hell, Jaime and Cersei's relationship is looked down upon by those who knew.

Thing about Aegon is, his infant corpse face was smashed up so badly that he was unrecognizable. It could have been any other baby(although I doubt that's the case). Other than Varys or Illyrio, the only other way he can be identified is if he had a birthmark on a specific part on his body and somebody who knows this exposes him. Aegon is most definitely not the Aegon he believes he is but there's a chance we may never really get a 100% confirmation on it.

It's no use marrying Sansa to secure control unless you have conquered the Riverlands and the North in the first place. Aegon has to defeat the Lannisters and Frey's in the riverlands, then Stannis, and the rest of the north, after which he'd probably have to take on the wildlings and Other's as well. All the while keeping Highgarden, Dorne, and the Vale in check. Not to mention Dany. I just don't see it happening.

Yes, they were never close but I doubt Jon will fall in love with her. And while incest is a recurring theme in the series, I'm sure that incest between siblings is looked down upon in Westeros. Of course the Targaryens were excused as it was a common practice in Valyria, the faith still despised the incest marriages within the Targaryen family. Actually, I believe that Aerys and his sister was the first sibling marriage since Aegon IV, and they hated it. Hell, Jaime and Cersei's relationship is looked down upon by those who knew.

Thing about Aegon is, his infant corpse face was smashed up so badly that he was unrecognizable. It could have been any other baby(although I doubt that's the case). Other than Varys or Illyrio, the only other way he can be identified is if he had a birthmark on a specific part on his body and somebody who knows this exposes him. Aegon is most definitely not the Aegon he believes he is but there's a chance we may never really get a 100% confirmation on it.

yes i understand your point but it doesnt change the fact that if jon is only her cousin and proven so it wouldnt be considered incest by westerosi standards at least. I think the burden of proof would always be on the supporters of Aegon to prove he wasnt the baby brutally murdered in kings landing. I dont see the Aegon storyline lasting very long. Littlefinger is obsessed with Sansa he wont want to give her up. I cant see Sansa herself wanting to marry Aegon so there is no other senario were Aegon becomes aware of Sansa enough to try and marry her.

Whats the rules of annulment in Westro? Sansa is still leagally married to Tyrion. Wonder if that will come up later?

Sansa's marriage was never consummated. I think that is sufficient ground for annulment in Westeros. That is why Tywin was so irate about Tyrion's refusal to bed Sansa. That is what reconciled Cersei with Tommen's marriage to Margaery - 8 year-old Tommen was way too young to bed his bride ... so their marriage could be set aside once it had served its purpose. That is why Jaime's cousin Daven told him not to worry, that he would "wed and bed" his Frey bride, and why old Lord Frey waited until Edmure bedded Roslyn before he started the Red Wedding.

But: was Sansa ever legally married to Tyrion? Tyrion married Tysha before he married Sansa. I don't remember reading about an annulment of Tyrion's first marriage. If it wasn't annulled and Tysha still lives, Sansa's marriage to Tyrion is void.

Sansa's marriage was never consummated. I think that is sufficient ground for annulment in Westeros. That is why Tywin was so irate about Tyrion's refusal to bed Sansa. That is what reconciled Cersei with Tommen's marriage to Margaery - 8 year-old Tommen was way too young to bed his bride ... so their marriage could be set aside once it had served its purpose. That is why Jaime's cousin Daven told him not to worry, that he would "wed and bed" his Frey bride, and why old Lord Frey waited until Edmure bedded Roslyn before he started the Red Wedding.

But: was Sansa ever legally married to Tyrion? Tyrion married Tysha before he married Sansa. I don't remember reading about an annulment of Tyrion's first marriage. If it wasn't annulled and Tysha still lives, Sansa's marriage to Tyrion is void.

I think Lord Tywins gold could sway any septon to annul the marriage....especially if the girl was a commoner....I think tyrion mentioned something along those lines when he spoke of her......or it was annulled on the grounds that she was a whore ....but it was annulled....Sansa's is more tricky....Little finger was counting on Tyrion being beheaded .....not sure if not consumating the marriage will make it void.

yes i understand your point but it doesnt change the fact that if jon is only her cousin and proven so it wouldnt be considered incest by westerosi standards at least. I think the burden of proof would always be on the supporters of Aegon to prove he wasnt the baby brutally murdered in kings landing. I dont see the Aegon storyline lasting very long. Littlefinger is obsessed with Sansa he wont want to give her up. I cant see Sansa herself wanting to marry Aegon so there is no other senario were Aegon becomes aware of Sansa enough to try and marry her.

Ah, I forgot that Tywin married his cousin. Still, I just can't see it happening. I do agree that Aegon will not marry Sansa, and that they will never even interact.

I think Lord Tywins gold could sway any septon to annul the marriage....especially if the girl was a commoner....I think tyrion mentioned something along those lines when he spoke of her......or it was annulled on the grounds that she was a whore ....but it was annulled....Sansa's is more tricky....Little finger was counting on Tyrion being beheaded .....not sure if not consumating the marriage will make it void.

Tyrion's first marriage could be null and void (without a need even for a formal annulment- void marriages were never valid, voidable marriages can be invalidated if annulled) because it wasn't properly witnessed and because it was solemnized by an inebriated septon. It depends on whether the law defined these defects as creating a voidable marriage or a void one.The only thing about annulment I've read in the books is that it would have to be done by the high septon, not just any septon. I would think Tywin would have been in position to pay off the high septon as well, but Tyrion's first marriage may well have been void from the beginning. Either way, Tywin probably made sure the legal formalities to end the marriage were followed.

The Tyrion/Sansa marriage is voidable because there was no consummation. That much about the law of void/voidable marriages seems to have been made clear in Tywin's explanation about why it was vital for Tyrion to consummate it. All the other formalities were followed. It's a legal marriage in all but that aspect. But its the high septon alone that can annul it..

As a result there would seem to be a need for a regime change before Sansa can marry again since both Tyrion and Sansa are suspects in Joffrey's assassination.

I can't go through all nine pages right now to see if anyone suggested it yet, but if Sansa does marry Aegon the Really Unlikely (hehe) it might be more evidence of her being to younger and prettier to take down Cersei. If Aegon is victorious. I'd rather Sansa not marry him since he's most likely fake. But fake or not, I'd like him to take over with the Targaryen name and keep the Iron Throne warm for auntie.

If Sansa marrys Aegon, she dies & out of all the Starks shes the one who more than likely will see the end of the series.

Aegon is a blackfyre pretender & i dont think his invasion will last long enough for him to contact her, plus Littlefinger wants her for himself.

The Hound & Arya will save Sansa.

I can't go through all nine pages right now to see if anyone suggested it yet, but if Sansa does marry Aegon the Really Unlikely (hehe) it might be more evidence of her being to younger and prettier to take down Cersei. If Aegon is victorious. I'd rather Sansa not marry him since he's most likely fake. But fake or not, I'd like him to take over with the Targaryen name and keep the Iron Throne warm for auntie.

That gave me a chuckle :D .

Well, look at it this way, "Auntie" is of no use to Aegon now, she is over there, he is here, in Westeros. He has a relatively small army. He needs allies and fast, HIghgarden and the remnants of the Lannisters are marshalling to face him. For once I am glad of an Iron born attack on Highgarden because this bogs down some of the "bad guys". Aegon will need a marriage alliance, who will it be most likely, Arriane, but Dorne should, if anyone join without condition, so that is a waste. Margeary, only if they are defeated in the field and how badly (the Tyrells that is, she can have Aegon's child fast, Tommen cannot for atleast 5-6 years, he is 8 now). Sansa, brings the fresh Vale swords because Peter is lord protector, Sansa is highborn and believed trueborn claimant of the North, her first cousin is Robin Arryn, lord of Vale, she is true heir apparent to Riverlands (Edmure's kid by a Frey will never be accepted by Riverlords even if they remove Genna and Emmon Frey) Who else is there to marry?. If he needs the swords, the Vale, like Dorne has strategic advantages, He will get Storms End, we know already. It makes too damn much sense, pending the meet and before that, negotiations.

Sansa is not heir apparent to the Riverland, no matter who Edmure Tully's as yet unborn children are. Unlike Sansa's children, Edmure Tully's children will be Tullys. As for Frey blood, I would expect that a number of Riverlords have Frey blood as well. Frey blood is everywhere. In any case, there is no indication yet that they will turn on Edmure Tully. Sansa would be just what Ami Frey was for Kevan Lannister's son Lancel: a weak attempt to legitimze a husband who has no legitimate claim himself.

And Sansa does not bring the Vale swords, not as Alayne Stone, not as Sansa Stark. Not unless she rids herself of her husband Tyrion, and marries little Robert or Harry the Heir. She has no Arryn blood, no claim to the Vale, even though she is Robert Arryn's cousin.

Peter Baelish can bring the Vale swords, but only in little Robert's name. And he'll have to persuade the Vale lords that he is acting in Robert Arryn's best interests first. Just because he outwitted his opposition when they tried to remove him as Lord Protector of the Vale does not mean that the opposition is no longer there. Littlefinger's position is weak, and Aegon is likely to find out.

Aegon doesn't have to marry Sansa to get the Vale - he just has to replace Robert Arryn's guardian. All Sansa has is her her claim to the North. With Rick and Bran believed dead, and Robb really dead, she is heir apparent to Winterfell and the North.

Her husband will most likely become lord of Winterfell then, which makes her valuable. Aegon wants the Iron Throne, not the Riverlands, the Vale, Winterfell, or the North. He needs lords in these places that will support him, and he has promised his followers lands and titles for their support.

So I don't think Aegon will marry Sansa. He'd marry her to one of his supporters, and grant Sansa's husband the title lord of WInterfell, to reward him for his service (and buy his loyalty). The Riverlands/Riverrun would most likely go to someone else as a reward. If Edmure Tully has a daughter, that girl might end up betrothed to Riverrun's new lord before she learns to walk.

ETA: I can actually see Littlefinger giving the Vale to Aegon, if Aegon promises him Sansa and Winterfell in return.

Well, look at it this way, "Auntie" is of no use to Aegon now, she is over there, he is here, in Westeros. He has a relatively small army. He needs allies and fast, HIghgarden and the remnants of the Lannisters are marshalling to face him. For once I am glad of an Iron born attack on Highgarden because this bogs down some of the "bad guys". Aegon will need a marriage alliance, who will it be most likely, Arriane, but Dorne should, if anyone join without condition, so that is a waste. Margeary, only if they are defeated in the field and how badly (the Tyrells that is, she can have Aegon's child fast, Tommen cannot for atleast 5-6 years, he is 8 now). Sansa, brings the fresh Vale swords because Peter is lord protector, Sansa is highborn and believed trueborn claimant of the North, her first cousin is Robin Arryn, lord of Vale, she is true heir apparent to Riverlands (Edmure's kid by a Frey will never be accepted by Riverlords even if they remove Genna and Emmon Frey) Who else is there to marry?. If he needs the swords, the Vale, like Dorne has strategic advantages, He will get Storms End, we know already. It makes too damn much sense, pending the meet and before that, negotiations.

Much truth in it, Nice!

However I have to take up a sword for the river lords, aye they hate the Freys, but they will fight to death for the last Tully- manderly/other northern lords style! If Edmure remains a captive they can still fight for his son/ daughter, it is the law, his lawfully born child will inherit the title lord of riverrun and Lord paramount of the Trident. Seems to me this is one of those cases where bracken and blackwood agree.

Archived