Sansa will be too good to pass up for Aegon

Lord Damian

If it wasn't her it would have been someone else. Would you prefer a conniving bitch who actually wanted to see all those people brutally murdered? Walder Frey didn't hold on to be 90 years old by not employing some manipulation, blackmail, coercion, etc. Same for his descendants/relatives and everyone in the household jockeying for power.

I actually moved this question to a new thread in the General Section in order to try and get back to the original point. Sansa and her hand to Aegon/Young Griff. I let the subject of Sansa in line for riverlands and Riverrun run ammock.

As others have pointed out in this thread, I don't know that Sansa's virginity is as important as it's made out to be in terms of her marriage prospects. Assuming Littlefinger is on the level with his plot to marry her off to Harry, it seems strange that Littlefinger is supremely unconcerned with Sansa's virgin status. Not only does he blab to Tywin about the Tyrell marriage, knowing that this will likely result in Sansa being married off to a suitable Lannister posthaste, but he never bothers to inquire as to whether the marriage was ever consummated. It's possible that he found out through his information network, but this is never clarified; Lysa asks, not Petyr. If Sansa's virgin status is a dealbreaker for his plans for Sansa (which almost certainly involve a political marriage to Harry or someone even more useful), one would think Littlefinger would have thought twice about triggering Sansa's marriage to a Lannister and would have made certain to hear the truth from Sansa herself. As it is, my impression is that Littlefinger really doesn't care, and if a grand political schemer who plans to marry Sansa off in a power grab is unconcerned with the status of Sansa's virginity, then I can't think it's all that important.

you are right, Newstar

And Sansa's actual "state of virginity" seems to be rather pointless to me, since Sansa (and Tyrion) are the only ones who can definitely tell if their marriage was ever "consummated". So if Sansa wants to be safe from whatever plotting for a new marriage she can declare herself married and hanle her hymen herself. And if she wants to be a virgin again - there are all kinds of wise women who can easily tell her many tricks to pass up as virginal girl. Those little surgical "repairs" are done everywhere in the world where virginity defines the value of a woman, all kinds of tricks are known. Here Sansa could choose her fate.

As others have pointed out in this thread, I don't know that Sansa's virginity is as important as it's made out to be in terms of her marriage prospects. Assuming Littlefinger is on the level with his plot to marry her off to Harry, it seems strange that Littlefinger is supremely unconcerned with Sansa's virgin status. Not only does he blab to Tywin about the Tyrell marriage, knowing that this will likely result in Sansa being married off to a suitable Lannister posthaste, but he never bothers to inquire as to whether the marriage was ever consummated. It's possible that he found out through his information network, but this is never clarified; Lysa asks, not Petyr. If Sansa's virgin status is a dealbreaker for his plans for Sansa (which almost certainly involve a political marriage to Harry or someone even more useful), one would think Littlefinger would have thought twice about triggering Sansa's marriage to a Lannister and would have made certain to hear the truth from Sansa herself. As it is, my impression is that Littlefinger really doesn't care, and if a grand political schemer who plans to marry Sansa off in a power grab is unconcerned with the status of Sansa's virginity, then I can't think it's all that important.

Sansa's remaining a virgin is the butt of jokes right at Joff's wedding table. Joff teases Tyrion in front of Tywin that he will do that deed himself too. Everyone in the Red Keep knows that Tyrion has not done the nasty with her. Especially Tywin as he reminds Tyrion before the wedding.

Sansa's remaining a virgin is the butt of jokes right at Joff's wedding table. Joff teases Tyrion in front of Tywin that he will do that deed himself too. Everyone in the Red Keep knows that Tyrion has not done the nasty with her. Especially Tywin as he reminds Tyrion before the wedding.

In retrospect, I wonder if Littlefinger helped to spread those rumors.

I have to disagree about Littlefinger not caring about Sansa's virginity since I'm positive he wants to take it like he never got to take Cats. If LF had not informed Tywin about the Tyrell plot Sansa would have been taken beyond his reach. As it were in Kings Landing the two suitable Lannisters to marry Sansa were Tyrion and Lancel, who at the time was still too weak to do anything. He couldn't know Tyrion would be a gentlemen, but it was really his only choice. It was a lesser of two evils thing.

This is what I was going to say. It is made clear the entire court knows.

This is what I was going to say. It is made clear the entire court knows.

Which brings me to the point of why so much enphasis on her virginity and at the same time questioning Margearys, etc... Sansa is in for a signifigant marriage, not some 3rd generation nephew, twice removed of jon arryn.

While I'm still not sure about her marrying Aegon, I can see how her planned marriage to Harry can turn out to be a failure. If I'm correct, Petyr want's the Vale to help Sansa reclaim the North in her name but that will mean nothing when Jon is legitimized by Robb's will and Rickon shows up.

looking at the discussion i can definitely see this happening, even though alot will depend on Arianne and KL from the preview chapter, Arianne seems in love with her body guard and that would cause a problem for Aegon, who is becoming since knowing he is king harder to control. also for those who lean toward Margery according to MTF prophecy its just a matter of when Tommen dies. however Sansa is not in a real need for this marriage, people are becoming aware of her character the vale suffered Lysa and held her rights, and she was a little off. So if Sanasa plays her cards right. either through alliances, bloodlines or treachery she will have the vale and the riverlands. if she controls that big of a territory with an untouched army and alliances in the north Aegon as the op said will have to come to her.

• 2 months later...

Patchface suddenly reveals himself as the one "true" Targaryen. He sweeps aside all pretenders with one sweep of his jester's cap and weds Sansa, Margaery, Arianne, Arya, Cersei, and Shireen thus uniting all of Westeros under one house.

Patchface is the Prince that was Promised.

I think that the possibilitie of Sansa marrying Aegon is way more GRRM-style and would have a lot of good motivations.

These are the 5 principal reasons:

1- the series are close to a end and a new vale pretender would be just too much, and would not have any kind of just claim to the iron throne.

2- It would be useless for Aegon to marry Arianne, because he is already half-dornish, and Doran will not denie helping him, while, if marrying Sansa, he will get the bannermen from the North, the Riverlands and the Vale.

3- it would add a lot more importance to Sansa storyline, and we all know that theres still a queen, younger and more beautyful, to end up with Cersei if Maggy was right (what she obviously was).

4- I think that Lil' Robert will find a way to last some time, atleast longer then Petyr expected (what he is already doing), making Aegon an easier and faster way to get to the power.

5- If Jon Connington dies because of the greyscale, Aegon will really be in need of a new adviser and strategist, a place where Littlefinger completely fits.

but I also think that the Harry-Sansa marriage would be really cool, and add a lot to the dispute for the iron throne and to Sansa's storyline.

I would absolutely hate if Sansa was married to Aegon. It would pit Sansa against Rickon and very likely Jon. Also, one thing I have not seen mentioned is why would Aegon go to the Vale? The Vale would be absolutely fine with Lannisters getting dethroned, Gulltown would love it. They might demand Littlefinger is killed, but I see no reason why Aegon should go himself. I see Sansa more of a person who is independent and doesn't find love.

• 5 weeks later...

Let me also contribute to this thread by pointing out that Aegon met and interacted with Tyrion. His plan in invading Westeros now, without Danaerys, is a modified version of Tyrion's plan. If that plan starts working out for him, he'll have Tyrion to thank for it. So... well, it wouldn't prevent him from marrying Sansa, but he a) knows better than almost anyone in Westeros that Tyrion is alive and B) its kind of wrong to take a man's wife away from him when he's helped you out.

Other than that, its worth pointing out again that Sansa doesn't "deliver" anything. She has a claim to Winterfell, but its a claim that both Stannis and the Boltons would deny with force of arms. The River Lords might wish to resume fighting for an heir to the King in the North, but it would immediately be a fight against Freys and Lannisters. And if she's Aegon's queen, then she is no Queen in the North. There is a reason Manderly wanted a male Stark, males aren't so easily turned into their spouses pawns. Finally, she is almost nothing to the Vale lords unless she marries Harry, at which point she's off the market for Aegon. OK, Robert Arryn likes her, but the Vale lords aren't going to run off to fight on a sick boy's wishes to please his caretaker.

At this point, Sansa offers her beauty, her bloodline, and first hand knowledge of Littlefinger's secrets.

Would Aegon impulsively marry her out of love? I wouldn't put it past him.

However, if he marries into a reach family, including Margaery herself, he can switch the most dangerous foe in terms of manpower left from an enemy to a friend.

Archived