Sansa will be too good to pass up for Aegon

Lord Damian

In case you haven't noticed Ser Mix-a-lot, Westeros isn't the type of place where being fine is enough for one to get sprung.

Hmmmmmmmmm okay, she's fine AND as it stands she is the lone heir to Winterfell. Therefore, a marriage to her would win the North to her cause. It's more than just her being a good looking virgin, she is also the daughter of a lord from one of the oldest and greatest houses in Westeros. Also, why would GRRM ensure Sansa remains a maiden when everyone else is having sex (even Samwell Tarly gets some)? And considering she has wanted to be a queen more than anything in the world it is not farfetched to imagine that is what GRRM intends for her.

Hmmmmmmmmm okay, she's fine AND as it stands she is the lone heir to Winterfell. Therefore, a marriage to her would win the North to her cause. It's more than just her being a good looking virgin, she is also the daughter of a lord from one of the oldest and greatest houses in Westeros. Also, why would GRRM ensure Sansa remains a maiden when everyone else is having sex (even Samwell Tarly gets some)? And considering she has wanted to be a queen more than anything in the world it is not farfetched to imagine that is what GRRM intends for her.

Err even discounting the Rickon thing (Because with GRRM things never goes that straightforward) Robb disinherited her, I don't remember anyone in the North asking for her in ADWD and being a virgin doesn't mean she's being plattered up for Aegon.

I just realized there is some sort of parallel between Arianne-Aegon-Sansa and Elia-Rhaegar-Lyanna.

Arianne and Elia are Martells, and both are older than the man they are to marry. Both are political alliances and no love. Sansa and Lyanna are both Stark girls.

after marrying Arianne, Aegon might fall in love with Sansa. She is pretty, he is pretty. why not?

this is some sort of deja-vu.

Well it's most likely Rhaegar fell in love with Lyanna's personality.

Err even discounting the Rickon thing (Because with GRRM things never goes that straightforward) Robb disinherited her, I don't remember anyone in the North asking for her in ADWD and being a virgin doesn't mean she's being plattered up for Aegon.

None of Aegon's supporters asked about him while he was gone but that doesn't mean they won't raise their banners when he reveals himself. When it was announced Ramsay would be marrying Arya several Houses in the North flocked to show their support. Littlefinger's entire plan is centered on the belief that Ned Stark's bannermen will support a Stark in he/she were to return to Winterfell. If the books have showed us anything it is that Ned's homies are loyal to him and his house. The North remembers!

Also, in regards to the being a virgin thing. One of Cercei's concerns about Margarey Tyrell is that she was not in fact a maid. Moreover, somewhere in the series, I'm not sure which book or chapter, there are talks about a woman whose lady parts were inspected to ensure she was a maiden before marriage. Like I said, I don't remember who the woman was or who she was marrying, maybe someone else can fill that in. Still, that should give us some insight to the thinking of the nobles in Westeros. Mark my words, if Aegon ascends the Iron Throne he will not take anything less than a virgin for his wife and Queen.

Well it's most likely Rhaegar fell in love with Lyanna's personality.

I doubt it was her personality that he lusted for. They met at Harrenhal. For Rhaegar to really get to know Lyanna they would have spent enough time together for him to fall in love with her personality. Rhaegar was the Prince of Westeros and beloved by many. I think he saw her and was smitten. Love at first sight.

Still, that should give us some insight to the thinking of the nobles in Westeros. Mark my words, if Aegon ascends the Iron Throne he will not take anything less than a virgin for his wife and Queen.

Wasn't Aegon all set to marry Daenerys, a woman who was married? I personally can't see this being a sticking point, and Cersei also comments that highborn girls can lose their maidenheads due to horseback riding.

Dorne is a very open society when it comes to sex. However, when it gets too open, there can be questions raised when it comes to the paternity of heirs. Since the whole twincest is known to all but just not admitted to by Cersei, it has become a very hot topic in Westeros. The whole Margeary trial by the faith has only exasterbated (spelling?) the whole issue. Therefore, politically it is very, very important to make sure when the new king weds, the bride is not "damaged" goods. I am not some "perv" for bringing this whole thread up. I am simply trying to follow GRRM's pattern, hints and see where things might be going. Sansa simply stands out as one who could have had a lot of horrific things done to her in addition to what has already been done, but for some reason has not. This girl will be a queen and I do not see any other possible Kings that might fit that bill.

Cersei also comments that highborn girls can lose their maidenheads due to horseback riding

Is that what the kids are calling it these days? (Kidding, kidding!)

if Aegon ascends the Iron Throne he will not take anything less than a virgin for his wife and Queen.

In that case, in between Dany and Arianne, he's going to have a big problem.

Aegon will choose his own queen, this kid is headstrong and after taking the impregnable Storms End, his men will really believe in him, creating a demi-god type of loyalty. A "used" woman will not be "good" enough for him. His attitude towards Dorne will be simple, I am your nephew, I am Aegon, I expect your allegiance. Why should he expect anything else? Especially if he himself "believes" who he says he is.

Aegon will choose his own queen, this kid is headstrong and after taking the impregnable Storms End, his men will really believe in him, creating a demi-god type of loyalty. A "used" woman will not be "good" enough for him. His attitude towards Dorne will be simple, I am your nephew, I am Aegon, I expect your allegiance. Why should he expect anything else? Especially if he himself "believes" who he says he is.

I agree, he won't marry Arianne. He doesn't need to.

And it wasn't his idea to marry Danaerys. Furthermore, he hasn't been raised as a Targaryen or by Targaryens so I don't think he is particularly interested in the incest thing.

Aegon/Yg's wife is going to depend on if he's around for the long haul, or is just another pretender who will be defeated by whomever sits the throne at the end of it all. So, with that said:

Lives: Sansa, Dany, perhaps Myrcella

Dies: Arianne, Marge, perhaps Myrcella

Plus, since we don't know if the High Sparrow plays the Game for himself, or if he's someone's puppet, an annulment between Sansa and Tyrion could, theoretically, be possible. Especially if Varys is the one pulling the strings of the High Sparrow.

Also, while Varys is not an all-knowing demigod(I'm looking at you, Bran), he, by this point, has to know where Sansa Stark went. LF just happening to have a bastard that was never seen, or even heard of, before would not get past Varys. I mean, come on people, Varys knows his only real competition is LF. Would you not have eyes and ears around him, while also suspecting, if not knowing, that he's doing the same to you? Which makes Shadrich's appearance in the Vale rather interesting.

I agree. He won't be able to pass up Sansa. As for Daenerys, I believe he'll eventually grow tired of waiting for her to come to Westeros and choose his own bride. Arianne I can't see happening, if only because callow boy doesn't seem like the type of match that will suit her, nor do I believe Aegon will want someone so old -- she's 23 already!

I agree, he won't marry Arianne. He doesn't need to.

Don't be too sure about that. If he wants Dornish support, he may need a Dornish wife.

Do not assume that Doran and co will blindly believe they are not being lied to by Varys and co. Doran was never told about his supposed living grandson, and he is not a naive type.

Plus, Arianne is attractive and it looks like Dany may not be coming or is death, from Aegon's POV.

Don't be too sure about that. If he wants Dornish support, he may need a Dornish wife.

Do not assume that Doran and co will blindly believe they are not being lied to by Varys and co. Doran was never told about his supposed living grandson, and he is not a naive type.

Plus, Arianne is attractive and it looks like Dany may not be coming or is death, from Aegon's POV.

If Doran doesn't believe Aegon he won't support his claim to the throne much less marry Arianne to him

If Doran doesn't believe Aegon he won't support his claim to the throne much less marry Arianne to him

It may not be up to Doran, considering he seems to be getting ready to keel over any day now. At that point, it's up to Arianne, and if she still wants a war, she'll send the two armies Dorne has into the Stormlands.

It may not be up to Doran, considering he seems to be getting ready to keel over any day now. At that point, it's up to Arianne, and if she still wants a war, she'll send the two armies Dorne has into the Stormlands.

Exactly. Especially since if Arianne marries Aegon, she still can become queen, and as it would be partly due to Dornish spears she could even co-rule if she plays her cards well.

Aegon could also be the ticket to get revenge on the Lannisters, finally.

That would be a shame for Sansa. Wasted on a fake? Even if Aegon is legitimate, I don't see him lasting to the end of the series, maybe not even to the end of Winds. With all the male Stark heirs running around, Sansa may even marry for love, though she seems a little savvy for that now.

Funniest thing would be if Jon Targaryen married Sansa Stark to reconcile Dany with the North. XDDD Oh, I know, I'm horrible. ;)

Archived