If Jon Lives, how do you want it to Go Down?

GestaltReplicant

Option C - Tormund in a fit of rage tears down scores of crows to get to his friend Jon Snow. He grabs the nearest horse and heads out the nearest gate charging north to the nearest wearwood. He sets his dying friend before the heart tree and prays to the Old Gods to save his life, but he only gets Bran. At the same time Theon is praying as well. In a sacrfice worthy of redemtion Theon gives his life so Jon may live. Bran works his Old God voodoo, and Jon is saved from the brink of death knowing that Bran is alive, that Theon is redeemed, and that Stannis is boned. He rallies his forces and heads south. Awesome ensues.

:bowdown:

Option C - Tormund in a fit of rage tears down scores of crows to get to his friend Jon Snow. He grabs the nearest horse and heads out the nearest gate charging north to the nearest wearwood. He sets his dying friend before the heart tree and prays to the Old Gods to save his life, but he only gets Bran. At the same time Theon is praying as well. In a sacrfice worthy of redemtion Theon gives his life so Jon may live. Bran works his Old God voodoo, and Jon is saved from the brink of death knowing that Bran is alive, that Theon is redeemed, and that Stannis is boned. He rallies his forces and heads south. Awesome ensues.

Having to choose just between A and B, I choose B. If he actually has died, I'd like to see Mel and small company - Tormund, Grenn, Ed, satin, etc take him to Stannis' camp where Theon having king's blood, being the son of a "King" - Balon is sacrificed to ressurect Jon.

Too much awesomess to actually happen :(

But isn't this actually one of the legit theories?

The only good thing about option A is that-----UnJon face not battered or slashed (unlike poor UnBeric and UnCat), so he's still a pretty boy.

With option B-----Jon should not stay long inside Ghost's body or he will lost his Jon-ness and be gone f..o..r..e..v..e..r.

Near death Melisandre wishes to burn Jon knowing he has the blood of kings, she proceeds to do so, only for Jon to emerge from the fires, alive and healed. Melisandre thus realizes that Jon is Azor Ahai not Stannis as she had believed. Meanwhile In Meereen Rhaegal senses the approaching death of his rider and sets out for the north arriving in time to help Jon escape the Others attack.

Brilliant!! Very well formulated and plausible idea. Can you please write the rest of the series? George is taking too long.

Near death Melisandre wishes to burn Jon knowing he has the blood of kings, she proceeds to do so, only for Jon to emerge from the fires, alive and healed. Melisandre thus realizes that Jon is Azor Ahai not Stannis as she had believed. Meanwhile In Meereen Rhaegal senses the approaching death of his rider and sets out for the north arriving in time to help Jon escape the Others attack.

You think his dragon will be Rhaegal? I think its a given he'll get one but can't decide if it will be Rhaegal (named after the father he never knew) or Viserion because of the whole ice dragon thing/weirwood coloring that Jon seems to have going on with Ghost. I keep going back and forth.

BTW...all for the one of the dragons setting out for Westeros on their own to find their own rider. Don't think its too likely but damn it, SOMEONE (or thing) from Dany's side has to start heading to Westeros soon.

Near death Melisandre wishes to burn Jon knowing he has the blood of kings, she proceeds to do so, only for Jon to emerge from the fires, alive and healed.

The scene is somewhat similar to the birth of the dragons in AGOT except no life is sacrificed (oh, it's Jon's own life) and no dragon eggs (maybe it's the stone dragons).

I legitimately never even considered that. Still very unlikely, but sure - if we're considering this an option I'm behind it 100% :P

UnJon was never able to resist her decaying bloody cheek bones, just as she had alway loved his rotting lips. "What now?" Said UnJon. " You've killed The Freys and the Boltons, and Ive killed my sworn brothers." .

" Now we can finally be together " replied Uncat, gazing into his reddened eye. She took his hand as they walked over the ruins of what was once known as the Wall. " Now that the others have taken Westeros you and I shall rot happily" said Unjon, he couldnt help but feel happy for what they had accomplished together."The Others are finally free" he said "And the Twins have made a great home for them".

"The Land of Always Winter shall be our home now" said Uncat, "So bugger the Iron Chair and bugger the Song of Ice and Fire." They had continued their walk north, their wrinkled hands still holding each other tightly, though they were slowly cracking. But neither of them cared. They were Undead and they were together, and shall be until the end of time.

Or when Dany marches to Westeros.

I was going to call incest until I remembered Catelyn is a Tully.

I expect Tormund to save him as well, and I suspect Val and some others will stitch him up. And I believe all Jons symptoms point to a partial severing of the carotid artery on the right side of his neck. A gut shot won't kill you quickly and the knife in the back was between the shoulder blades is hitting all bone.

So believe it or not I believe the scratch on the neck that was bleeding fast enough to seep through his glove is a partially severed artery. Splice the artery, pack it and bind it. The loss of motor function, passing out, cold, and bleeding from the neck all point to a partial severing carotid artery. He also show signs of shock, again sugesting the artery, although any stabbing will do that but the speed at which it sets in suggests the artery. He is right by Val's tower, I think they are pulling him in and patching him. Nothing to complex, but Jon will be out of action for awhile. He may spend a lot of that time in Ghost.

After that I suspect a wall civil war, Wildlings vs. Brothers. Oh and Wun Wun smash.

Well I don't think A and B have to be mutually exclusive. Jon could certainly Warg for a chapter or so (hopefully not or so) and then his soul return to his body after Melisandre resurrects him.

But if I recall the Thoros of Myr part, he didn't even realize that he was going to revive Beric Dondarrion as first. He thought he was giving him a funeral rite, but with the return of Dragons and magic the rite actually brought him to life. I look forward to a scene where Melisandre accidentally resurrects Jon, and her entire belief system with Stannis as AA comes crashing down.

This. I'm fine with Mel healing him ala Victarion but I have no interest or wish to see Jon dead and then risen. I don't actually consider those characters to be human (or even the people they once were) so UnJon holds no interest for me. Nor do I want him that indebted to Mel, getting healed by her would be big enough of a debt, if she's actually able to bring him back from the dead who's to say how much control she'd have over him. So I say a version of B - Jon goes into a coma, his mind goes into Ghost/into the trees to talk to Bran for a chapter or two, and then he returns to his healed body. Personally I don't think the "reborn" part of the whole AA thing has to actually mean die and then come back, I think it's more in the sense of "he was alive back then as the original, and he's been born again now" no rising from the dead necessary.

This so much!! I am still crossing my fingers he isn't literally dead, but in a coma at the most because I've grown rather tired with resurrections. If he is indeed dead then am hoping for something that involves the magic of the Old Gods to bring him back (Theon's gift chapter gave me hopes of this happening) so he doesn't have to do anything with Melissandre and her fire God. If he were to become the next Beric Dondarrion, as much as I love Jon I would prefer he stay dead for good.

This. I'm fine with Mel healing him ala Victarion but I have no interest or wish to see Jon dead and then risen. I don't actually consider those characters to be human (or even the people they once were) so UnJon holds no interest for me. Nor do I want him that indebted to Mel, getting healed by her would be big enough of a debt, if she's actually able to bring him back from the dead who's to say how much control she'd have over him. So I say a version of B - Jon goes into a coma, his mind goes into Ghost/into the trees to talk to Bran for a chapter or two, and then he returns to his healed body. Personally I don't think the "reborn" part of the whole AA thing has to actually mean die and then come back, I think it's more in the sense of "he was alive back then as the original, and he's been born again now" no rising from the dead necessary.

If Jon's body dies for a time but his being wargs into Ghost he could be brought back and still be Jon as opposed to un Jon. I actually think something like that will happen. He will be thrown on a pyre, but will not burn. It will be a miracle like when Dany gave birth to the dragons.

The interesting thing about this would be that if fire really did heal Jon, then the more of it he uses to fight the Others, the stronger he becomes. So he could just hop onto a dragon, as you do, and go nuts.

Joining the chorus of support this option has! :D

This ties up so many threads and character arcs in one swoop, it's fantastic! And it's just about the only way I can see Theon redeeming himself at all as it'd be the first act in Jon's journey towards crushing the Others. All he needs is a dragon or three, and a direwolf or four and he's set to go. Awesome indeed!

*crackpot*

Only a life could pay for a life.

Two kings deaths to wake dragon from stone.

Jon is in an incredible position at the moment, since he is technically two different kings. Since Rob legitimated him and named him his heir, he is the King in the North. However, that legitimation also puts him back in the line of succession to the Targaryan Pretender-ship, making him King of Westeros too. His death could technically count as the two kings' deaths needed to wake dragons from stone. Even if that's not the case, Theon's death, foreshadowed in the gift chapter, would count as two King's deaths and could also conceivably wake dragons from stone.

Since there are no stone dragons (dragon eggs) around, it will probably just revive Jon. This would different from unCat since, in the time between him being dead and him being resurrected, he would reside inside Ghost. He could communicate with Bran, we could see what's happening with Davos and Rickon, and we could get some interesting news about Nymeria's wolfpack. It's possible that he could also receive the sort of visions that Bran got from the Three Eyed Crow during his coma. When the magic for the spell is completed (i.e. when Melisandre decides to burn his body to prevent it from coming back as a wight/because her God is a fire god) Jon would leave Ghsot and return to life after being "awoken" as a dragon.

He is then freed from his vows, since he died. He is the catalyst for Melisandre to turn away from Stannis towards Jon. And he'll have (probably) some weird riddles and prophesies concerning his parentage / the Others / Dany and (f)Aegon and whatever else Bloodraven and Bran decide to show him. And the story can move forward.

Archived