Jaime heads north

drayrock

Jaime will end up at the wall after he kills Cersei and he will take the black. Jon will likely be dead and if Stannis survives and returns to Castle Black to find another drawn out vote I could see him naming Jaime the 999th Lord Commander. I love the idea of Jaime ending his story at the wall, trading his white cloack for a black one and defending the realms of men the way he defended kings. Say what you will about the insest, trying to kill Bran and killing Areys, Jaime Lannister does have honor. Now that he has lost his sword hand his honor is all he has left. Just like jon he refused his birthright to hold his vows as LC of the King's Guard, there is no honor without temptation to turn you from it, ask Jesus.

are you trolling or do you actually think any of this will happen? jon will not be dead and people will not elect a one armed man as lord commander

That's wrong. It's implied that Cat is looking for Arya. The Brotherhood ask questions about her all the time and think about why the brotherhood is operating an inn of orphans.

They're looking through all the orphans that were at Saltpans and sorting through them using Gendry to find Arya.

Oh, nicely said! This means a personal idea for the end of season 4 can't happen, but that's OK. I'd imagine Arya aboard the ship, looking back, and seeing Gendry on the docks. She calls out, they wave goodbye, and then she turns and goes below. But that would mean Gendry would know Arya isn't in Westeros any more. That already had one strike against it - Gendry could put a serious dent in the fake Arya story just hearing it. But the Brotherhood filtering orphans looking for Arya kills it.

Maybe she could still see him from the ship but decide not to call for him. That's even sadder, I guess.

I see Jaime arriving to a LS ready to hang him, just like the others, when Brienne is somehow able to plead for his life using herself as a bargaining chip... Arguing that Jaime will have the best chance of getting close to the higher-up Lannisters and/or Freys. LS will then send Jaime on a mission to kill Cersei and pershaps others that would otherwise be difficult to reach with the BWB. But I also kind of see LS saying that even when he returns she will intend to hang him, and if he doesn't.. Brienne will pay the price.

I'd love to see Jaime go north to possibly interract again with a (hopefully living) Jon Snow... But his going south would solidify the Valonqar prophecy while opening some other doors.

I'm more eager to see a Jon/LS interraction anyway. (sorry to go off topic there)

:drool:

The Jaime as The Hooded Man in Winterfell, while somewhat amusing doesn't match the timeline whatsoever. We had Jaime and Breinne POVs from his release all the way through his arrival to KL and then to his meeting Brienne once again at the end of ADwD. There is no time gap existing that would allow him to travel all the way up to WF to sneak in and kill people, then travel all the way back south to Riverrun...bypassing the Twins each time.

The only outcomes that seem to make sense are that Lady SH kills Jaime, he and Brienne are forced to fight to the death, or they both escape. To me, the Lady SH vengence theme doesn't make sense with Jaime. Cat released him to find her daughters and return them to her. To me, this summoning makes sense only if BwB has some kind of lead as to which direction Arya went and Lady SH is forcing Jaime and Brienne to resume their quest in that direction. The Saltpans happen to be very near both the Quiet Isle and the Eyrie. It is entirely possible that Jaimie and Brienne stumble upon Sansa's whereabouts while trying to track down Arya...and also feasible that they run into Sandor in the process.

It all sets up well for Jaime to make good on his oath to living Cat while simultaneously screwing up LF's plans and for the SanSan fans out there it would provide an opportunity for those 2 to be reunited...perhaps in the already famously rumored "controversial Sansa chapter" to come.

That's the direction I see it going in, but GRRM is great at pulling the rug out from underneath the reader.

The only way I see Jaime going North is if he does not have a run in wit Lady Stoneheart, Its highly possible he gets away from Brienne or that somehow they don't end up at their destination. I also think that this could be a dream that is only a dream, as Maester Luwin once said for every dream that has come true think of all the ones that did not come true.

• 7 months later...

I think the most likely is that Lady Stoneheart will give him the same choice, Sword or rope. Jamie will choose sword but refuse to be a Kinslayer, which means he will have to kill Freys. When he escapes the Freys he will escape north into the neck and will be captured by Howland Reed, which will bring him into the story.

I honestly don't know why any readers would for a minute think that Jaime is going to die at the hands of Lady Stoneheart and her men. That's just not how Martin rolls.

I'd honestly be surprised if Brienne and Jaime even MAKE it to Stoneheart and her cronies. There will probably be another diversion; some unseen event changes their course. The plot always does a 180 just when you think something will happen a certain way. Maybe Brienne gets Jaime away and tells him she needs his help rescuing Pod from SH. They start on their way to free Pod but never even make it there because of...whatever.

No matter what, there is no way Jaime takes a mission to kill Cersei to free Brienne. Let me get this straight; they are going to tell Jaime he has to PROMISE to kill his TWIN sister...to free a woman he is friends with? The only thing more laughable than Jaime saying yes to that is anybody in story actually believing it.

the "Stoneheart lets Jaime go for the promise that he kills Cersei" theories are nonsensical imo, time and time again in the text its been made clear that Stoneheart is NOT CAT, so why the fuck would she make the same mistake that Catelyn did and let Jaime go in promise of something.

its not happening imo

Nobody knows what word Brienne said to zombie Cat to halt her execution. Nobody knows what Brienne told Jamie to make him drop everything and run off with her. Jamies story line is probably the most unpredicable as no real insights were given as to what awaits him once he comes before zombie Cat.

She said sword.... Pretty sure GRRM let that slip somewhere. On the night show or something

Anywho..... Jaimie. Does anyone else think that sense LS, Brienne and Jaimie are in the Riverlands that (howland reed)??? Is that his name??.... Jojen and Meira's dad is going to show up and turn everything upside down by spilling the beans about Jon Snow.... (R+L=J)....

I think that Catelyn is going to somehow play a role in Jon's future..... She is the most logical choice of a person to "give her life" for Jon. She would only have to kiss him and he would be healed, and if the events in the riverlands happened way before the stuff that happened on the wall (like I expect) then she will be able to get there in time to give him life before he has been dead too long to come back normalish. She would feel obligated after treating him so poorly all those years if she found out who he really was. She would want to honor Ned and her children that she believes are dead by saving Jon.

Then you have Jamie! Whether he goes down South to fight Cercie's monster... or whether he goes North, I believe that his POV chapters have proven that if he were given the option he would support and protect Rhagar's son if he knew one existed.

And I also think that Jamie's dream about fighting the undead is a prelude to the battle that will ultimately result in "the Hound" coming back from the "dead" to kill his older brother Robert Strong which would also fulfill the prophecy about Cercie. If Robert Strong was killed by his "valonqar" then ultimately Cercie would also die because of this. I think it would be poetic if instead of being murdered or killed in some secretive plotline, she were instead beheaded in front of all of kingslanding...

And though I can see him killing Cercie to fullfill the prophecy of the valonqar, I can also see Ayra killing Cersie. But I think the above is the most likely.

the "Stoneheart lets Jaime go for the promise that he kills Cersei" theories are nonsensical imo, time and time again in the text its been made clear that Stoneheart is NOT CAT, so why the fuck would she make the same mistake that Catelyn did and let Jaime go in promise of something.

its not happening imo

Completely agree. Also even though Jaime may well end up killing Cersei, he is not ready to agree to do so at anothers behest.

I think there is something else we don't know about the current situation. I don't think Brieane would have willingly led Jaime into this apparent trap in spite of her oath. No idea what that unknown aspect is though.

^That's a pretty good theory Jesse17.

Bran has that Dream in GoT where the Hound, Jaime and a headless Knight are all racing to save Sansa in the Riverlands. The dream seems to me too similar to the current situation to be anything other than prophetic. I am certain that is where Jaime is heading to next.

A lot of people seem to give UnCat a lot of thinking and reasoning power which I just don't see her posessing. Beric's mission before he was brought back was to bring justice to the Riverlands, it was his final mission and possible final thought. When back all he cares about is bringing justice, he forgets family, friends, his home, his experiences he just cares about justice. I don't think you could persuade him ever to change and when the Hound wins his battle he sees justice as being done and won't let him be harmed. He brings Cat back not because he feels for her but because it was treachery and he had the power to rectify some of it. To him justice was bringing her back to life.

Similarly with Cat, her last act in the world was revenge and UnCat sole thought process seems to be revenge. She has become the embodiment of that emotion. Like Beric she is going to have forgotten family and friends she just remembers those who have wronged her and want them dead. Freys, Lannisters (Jaime most of all). I don't think there's any persuading her not to kill Jaime if she had him. Even if she hears Sansa is alive and Jaime can save her she wouldn't care. UnCat's mission isn't to save Cat's children, she'd be using the brotherhood to actively search for them rather than killing Freys if it was.

I think Jaime might have to kill UnCat or maybe appeal to the compassion of the Brotherhood to help him.

So if Brienne's last word was allegedly "sword"...then whats to stop the BwB from hanging her anyway, and when Brienne was brought back to life by Thoros she would be a die hard bodyguard to LS. Jaime notices that she looked like she aged and she looked even uglier.

Jamie won't be killed by UnCat... Jamie is one of our favorite characters. Secondly... There are no other POV characters between Kings Landing and Winterfell. Thirdly, Jamie never betrayed Cat. They were never loyal to each other... Only through Robert Baratheon. Jamie will go with the Brothers without Banners. UnCat won't let him off twice. So I think she keeps him close. And he's worth more alive. She'll probably use him to free Edmure. And kill a bunch of Freys and river lords to reclaim riverrun.

So if Brienne's last word was allegedly "sword"...then whats to stop the BwB from hanging her anyway, and when Brienne was brought back to life by Thoros she would be a die hard bodyguard to LS. Jaime notices that she looked like she aged and she looked even uglier.

Brienne is uglier because before she is taken to Uncat she was beaten to within an inch of her life.... Biter (think that's his name) took off part of an ear or something I believe. We also Know that Brienne is alive. Jamie's last chapter has her coming to him with a ruse about Sansa to get him to go to Uncat. And Jamie promised Uncat that he would never raise his sword against the North againg and that he would return her daughters... He, in her eyes, has broken both of those promises. Though technically he has not "raised his sword" he is still fighting against those who still follow Rob even though he is dead.

Archived