Series biggest hypocrites and parasites

Batman

See I never said Robert wouldn't have hunted her down and killed her, I never even implied she would have safely survived. What I said was that running was the RIGHT thing for her to do, seeing as how she actually WAS guilty. You're talking like she's a victim and she clearly isn't. She made knowing choices to have children with Jamie instead of Robert, she knew this day would come, or at least should have forseen that it might. I understand her doing anything possible to save the lives of her children but saving them at the expense of thousands of other peoples children makes her a hypocrite.

I don't agree.

I fail to see how it makes her a hypocrite since the definition of which is saying one thing and doing another. Cersei cares for herself, her house and her children, she never pretended to care about the children of others.

Also, we could have several thousands of posts about every character what the right decisions they could have made.

Cersei isn't a victim in this instance, I disagree with a lot of things she's done but throwing Ned under the wagon isn't one of them. And I can't blame Cersei for Ned's death even if i were so inclined because Joffrey does as he wishes and Cersei isn't responsible for everything Joffrey does, same as Tywin isn't responsible for everything Cersei does.

Biggest hypocrit - Possibly Lysa for starting the whole chain of events by killing Jon then hiding away in the Eyrie pretending to grieve (not even coming out for her own father's death). Cersei is in the running as well for many of the reasons listed before me. However, topping my list is GM Pycelle who preaches of virtues that he completely fails to act on himself.

Biggest parasite - Lots have mentioned LF but I think he deserves his position. He has used his cunning and ingenuity to carve out opportunities for himself. He's a weasel, but not a parasite. My vote goes to Janos Slynt who lived for greed and corrupted every organisation he was part of.

Biggest hypocrit - Possibly Lysa for starting the whole chain of events by killing Jon then hiding away in the Eyrie pretending to grieve (not even coming out for her own father's death). Cersei is in the running as well for many of the reasons listed before me. However, topping my list is GM Pycelle who preaches of virtues that he completely fails to act on himself.

but does that make her a hypocrite or merely self centered. she kills jon to keep her husband from sending her son away and to please her lover. and i believe she doesn't go to her father's funeral because she has no love for him after he forced her to abort her child.

i agree about pycelle however.

Biggest parasite - Lots have mentioned LF but I think he deserves his position. He has used his cunning and ingenuity to carve out opportunities for himself.

just because he deserves his position doesn't mean he wasn't a parasite in order to obtain it.

but does that make her a hypocrite or merely self centered. she kills jon to keep her husband from sending her son away and to please her lover. and i believe she doesn't go to her father's funeral because she has no love for him after he forced her to abort her child.

i agree about pycelle however.

just because he deserves his position doesn't mean he wasn't a parasite in order to obtain it.

By definition a parasite gives nothing back to its 'host'. Westeros, and Robert baratheon's reign in particular, profited significantly from LF's contributions which I think rules him out of the parasite category.

Based on your summary, I think you're right about Lysa. Self-centred is a better description.

By definition a parasite gives nothing back to its 'host'. Westeros, and Robert baratheon's reign in particular, profited significantly from LF's contributions which I think rules him out of the parasite category.

Most nobles have done far less work to deserve the money they get than LF. He may be a douchebag, but he's no parasite. He did his job as a finance minister well.

however, i would argue that is not from robert or westeros that littlefinger has received but not returned to. by the time he is in any sort of position of importance in robert's government, he has already benefited from lysa, jon arryn and holster tully, giving nothing in return. without them , he would not be the finance minister, just a smart boy from a small, poor house. when we meet him at the start of the story, he is already established and is indeed "just doing his job" (and playing the game of thrones).

Hypocrite: Catelyn

Hypocrisy is when one claims some moral high ground they haven't actually attained. I always saw irony in Catelyn's speech to Jaime regarding same, right before releasing him against her house's responsibilities to the North and its bannermen. And the small matter of her taking out her anger at Ned on Jon Snow. Understandable and human? Yes. Hypocritical in light of the way she judges other people's actions toward the weak and helpless? Yes.

Parasite: Littlefinger

Biggest Hypocrite- Definitely Cersei. The scene where she the council is reading Stannis' letter and she throws a fit at the accusations even though virtually all of them are true and she knows this is just priceless. Tywin comes in a very close second.

A quick note about Dany and the woman who lost her house. While Dany's judgement on the matter can be classified as hypocrite, I genuinely believe is not intentional hypocrisy (like that of Cersei or Tywin) which is worst. For me Dany just haven't given the matter enough thought. Her failure in this particular instance is to see how much the woman's story resembles her own. Had she seen this and still passed the same judgement then she'll be an intentional hypocrite. At least, that's how I see it :dunno:

Biggest Parasite- I'd say that the entire Frey family displays parasitic behavior.

however, i would argue that is not from robert or westeros that littlefinger has received but not returned to. by the time he is in any sort of position of importance in robert's government, he has already benefited from lysa, jon arryn and holster tully, giving nothing in return. without them , he would not be the finance minister, just a smart boy from a small, poor house. when we meet him at the start of the story, he is already established and is indeed "just doing his job" (and playing the game of thrones).

Jon Arryn gave LF a minor job and he did exceptionally well there. How else was he supposed to earn his way up the ladder?

And yeah, he benefited from being raised at Riverrun, don't see why this makes him a parasite. His father arranged this chance for him and he took advantage of it, just like most kids do.

Jon Arryn gave LF a minor job and he did exceptionally well there. How else was he supposed to earn his way up the ladder?

And yeah, he benefited from being raised at Riverrun, don't see why this makes him a parasite. His father arranged this chance for him and he took advantage of it, just like most kids do.

doesn't jon give littlefinger the job at the behest of lysa? did lysa get anything in return for her help? and littlefinger builds his first fortune with the job he received from jon. it is also the way he is recognized as a good financier and begins his climb up the ladder.

and you're right. he was fostered by hoster tully along side his noble born children and littlefinger did give something back to him: his first grandchild. unfortunately, hoster returned the gift. considering littlefinger goes on to kill lysa without hesitation or a single drop of remorse, i'd say he was a parasite of holster's first and foremost.

Biggest Hypocrite - Stannis! You cant be an honest and just person while using dark magic to kill your family members! Theres also "I am not without mercy". Oh, and the fact that he's an adulterer, not very honest or law abiding, eh Stannis?

Biggest Parasite - While this may seem harsh, Jorah. Basically just a parasite living off of Daenarys and Tyrion. Still feel bad for him though, pathetic as he is.

Biggest Hypocrite: Danny, Cat and Cersei

Biggest Parasite: Danny, Cat, Cersei, Tyrells, Lannisters, Ironborns, Dothraki, Unsullied and Targs

Why is Catelyn a hypocrite, or a parasite for that matter? Also, by what measure are the Unsullied parasities?

Why is Catelyn a hypocrite, or a parasite for that matter? Also, by what measure are the Unsullied parasities?

I don't think that Cat is a good character. She is a bully and an abuser. If Ned wronged her she should take it out to Ned not to Jon, I don't say that she should not be angry but that she should be angry with the right person the one that wronged her... and she left Rickon and Bran alone.

Do the Unsullied produce anything? No they are only fighting. So...

I don't think that Cat is a good character. She is a bully and an abuser. If Ned wronged her she should take it out to Ned not to Jon, I don't say that she should not be angry but that she should be angry with the right person the one that wronged her... and she left Rickon and Bran alone.

Do the Unsullied produce anything? No they are only fighting. So...

For Cat to be hypocritical, she would have to denounce bullying and abusing, and then go on to bully and abuse. Youve just described why you think she is a bad person, that does not make her a hypocrite.

The Unsullied take nothing for themselves, they serve without question. They are the antithesis of parasites.

For Cat to be hypocritical, she would have to denounce bullying and abusing, and then go on to bully and abuse. Youve just described why you think she is a bad person, that does not make her a hypocrite.

The Unsullied take nothing for themselves, they serve without question. They are the antithesis of parasites.

No. I think that Cat is a hypocrite because when she claims that she hates Jon because he was born after Ned's affair, she never shows any resentment to Ned. When she claims that she loves her children more than anything (I do believe that she loves them and the way she stopped Bran's assasins prove it) but she abandon them to play CSI Westeros.

As for the Unsullied, when a *society* produce nothing and olny obey and serve by fighting for me are perasites.

I don't make a habit of quoting myself, but...

Hypocrite: Catelyn

Hypocrisy is when one claims some moral high ground they haven't actually attained. I always saw irony in Catelyn's speech to Jaime regarding same, right before releasing him against her house's responsibilities to the North and its bannermen. And the small matter of her taking out her anger at Ned on Jon Snow. Understandable and human? Yes. Hypocritical in light of the way she judges other people's actions toward the weak and helpless? Yes.

I think Cat's hypocrisy is a big part of what makes her such a deeply rounded character. If she hadn't been so rash and pursued her own interests above all else, the books would be boring as crap. It's kind of what makes her awesome.

Archived