Season 3 Trailer Premieres Tomorrow

Westeros

my favortie finale is Dany getting her unsuilled army

My favourite finale is

Jon reaching the wall, battle with the raiders and once that is over, it shows everyone tired, wet and bloody. Then the camera zooms out and spans over and across the Wall, showing us the Wildling host setting up camp/preparing for the attack.

My favourite finale is

Jon reaching the wall, battle with the raiders and once that is over, it shows everyone tired, wet and bloody. Then the camera zooms out and spans over and across the Wall, showing us the Wildling host setting up camp/preparing for the attack.

Agreed that is the scene I look forward to most. One of the best scenes from any of the books.

This looked freaking amazing. The Other in the forest, the wildings, the Unsullied, Drogon, the flaming sword, Theon...TOO MUCH!

And the use of the music is perfect as well. Sets a haunting, eerie tone (as it should be!)

The fact that we'll have another longer trailer excites me even more.

Please more Brienne, direwolves and Mel in the next trailer!

This looked freaking amazing. The Other in the forest, the wildings, the Unsullied, Drogon, the flaming sword, Theon...TOO MUCH!

And the use of the music is perfect as well. Sets a haunting, eerie tone (as it should be!)

The fact that we'll have another longer trailer excites me even more.

Please more Brienne, direwolves and Mel in the next trailer!

There's another trailer coming? Are you sure?

Well, first we were told that we would be getting a 2 minute trailer on February 25th (or 24th I don't remember).

But of course last night, we got a 1 minute trailer. Does that trailer replace the originally rumored trailer? Who knows. But what I do know is that there are so many characters that weren't even shown in the first trailer that a 2 minute trailer might actually be necessary.

My favourite finale is

My thoughts:

I think it's more likely that the first battle with the raiders happens at the beginning of next season, as I think the finale would be too busy with that in there. I'm guessing that the finale for Jon will be at Queenscrown with him subsequently fleeing and making it to the Wall, only to be thrown in a cell as a traitor after learning that Mormont is dead and Ser Aliser has returned. I think the only battles in the finale will be any aftermath of the Red Wedding they decide to show and also Dany stealing the Unsullied and sacking the city.

Well, it is still five weeks away and last year we had what....4 Trailers?

The "Shadow" one came out at the end of January and then in February and March we got the "Price of our sins" Trailer, the "Seven Devils" one and then the "Power and Grace" one I think was the last one. I may be wrong in the order, but point is, they had four of them, with one dropping every couple weeks

Now, this season obviously needs less promotion, so we probably won't see four. But two? I think it's a pretty safe bet there is at least one more to come

Well, it is still five weeks away and last year we had what....4 Trailers?

The "Shadow" one came out at the end of January and then in February and March we got the "Price of our sins" Trailer, the "Seven Devils" one and then the "Power and Grace" one I think was the last one. I may be wrong in the order, but point is, they had four of them, with one dropping every couple weeks

Now, this season obviously needs less promotion, so we probably won't see four. But two? I think it's a pretty safe bet there is at least one more to come

There's a couple more trailers you didn't list, but anyway, once we got the first real trailer for season 2 in late Feb 2012, we ended up getting a trailer nearly every week or so until premiere.

My thoughts:

I think it's more likely that the first battle with the raiders happens at the beginning of next season, as I think the finale would be too busy with that in there. I'm guessing that the finale for Jon will be at Queenscrown with him subsequently fleeing and making it to the Wall, only to be thrown in a cell as a traitor after learning that Mormont is dead and Ser Aliser has returned. I think the only battles in the finale will be any aftermath of the Red Wedding they decide to show and also Dany stealing the Unsullied and sacking the city.

Dany takes the Unsullied waaaaay before the finale.

There's no way the Purple Wedding can possibly take place in season three.

It would have to be done in the finale, and there is already waaaay too much going on. They have to include all the responses to the Red Wedding, including Arya's, Dragonstone's and King's Landing. And then there are the other stories. They have to include Jon's return to Castle Black and Dany's entry into Yunkai; they have to find a suitable conclusion for Jaime and Brienne, Sam and Gilly, Bran and his companions, and Theon too. And they will most likely include Cat's revival by Beric Dondarrion.

In an interview recently, the actor playing Littlefinger said that he will have a ship in season four. To me, that certainly suggests that the Purple Wedding will take place next season.

And I'm sorry, but there's just no way that something as huge as the PW could ever be kept under wraps.

Can't agree more with you, there's just no way PW made into this season

I'd rather call it 'speculation'.

Yes, specutation,

but we know from some extras that "boy" had scenes with Theon, he tortured Theon in some cross, and from the trailer, the cross when that "hooded stranger" stands, looks similar to the Bolton sigil

Yes, specutation,

but we know from some extras that "boy" had scenes with Theon, he tortured Theon in some cross, and from the trailer, the cross when that "hooded stranger" stands, looks similar to the Bolton sigil

I know, just wanted to point out that it is speculation rather than hard evidence.

So who is Varys talking to at the beginning and the end of the trailer? He has two lines.

First line: "It's been a long time, my old friend."

Second line: "The revenge you want will be yours in time."

Any thoughts?

I've heard a few suggestions:

Tyrion: Doubt it. Doesn't fit with the first line.

Oberyn: Assumes a relationship between him and Varys. But Oberyn hasn't been cast, as far as I know, so he's not in this season.

Olenna Tyrell: Again, assumes a relationship, but doesn't fit with the second line.

Illyrio: He's very far away, and even if the show were to bring him back to KL to speak with Varys, it hasn't really been a long time since they've seen each other. Maybe a year. Also, the revenge angle is unclear (the Blackfyre theory being the only thing I can think of that might fit).

I'm starting to think that Varys isn't talking to a person at all. Maybe a tombstone. I'm wondering how close he really was to the Mad King.

So who is Varys talking to at the beginning and the end of the trailer? He has two lines.

Any thoughts?

Oberyn: Assumes a relationship between him and Varys. But Oberyn hasn't been cast, as far as I know, so he's not in this season.

Olenna Tyrell: Again, assumes a relationship, but doesn't fit with the second line.

Illyrio: He's very far away, and even if the show were to bring him back to KL to speak with Varys, it hasn't really been a long time since they've seen each other. Maybe a year.

I'm starting to think that Varys isn't talking to a person at all. Maybe a tombstone. I'm wondering how close he really was to the Mad King.

He's saying the next line to Tyrion for sure, you can see it one of the alternative trailers/promos.

Any thoughts?

Illyrio: He's very far away, and even if the show were to bring him back to KL to speak with Varys, it hasn't really been a long time since they've seen each other. Maybe a year. Also, the revenge angle is unclear (the Blackfyre theory being the only thing I can think of that might fit).

Tyrion fits for the first line because of his absence in recovery after Blackwater

Archived