Official Game of Thrones Season 3 Trailer Now Live

Westeros

I don't want Catelyn to be rezzed yet.

It needs to be midway through season 4, or whenever ASoS "ends" in season 4.

This part of the forum is for the TV show - thats a pretty major spoiler. Please put those kind of things in tags for those who don't want to know!

Catelyn's resurrection works really well at the end of the novel, but that reveal would come an entire year after her death in terms of the TV series. It just isn't great story telling.

Listen to the quote from the trailer.

"Show them how it feels to lose what they love."

This is a lady with serious vengeance in mind. It would be a disservice (in my opinion) to end the season any other way!

I think this is a great trailer for the readers... many little hints to be discovered. But is it for the others?? which are a lot more?? No, I don't think so. Anyway, I think the fortress is Dragonstone, although the people in the boat do look like Jaime and Brienne.

Robb and Cat should be in Harrenhal, but I don't understand why Cat is that upset... I'm afraid it might be Winterfell. We don't have ironmen in Moat Cailin so it's possible... sorry but I don't trust D&D anymore.

If Robb and Cat are in Winterfell, there's no need to ally with the Freys to return North, is there?

I think this is a great trailer for the readers... many little hints to be discovered. But is it for the others?? which are a lot more?? No, I don't think so. Anyway, I think the fortress is Dragonstone, although the people in the boat do look like Jaime and Brienne.

Robb and Cat should be in Harrenhal, but I don't understand why Cat is that upset... I'm afraid it might be Winterfell. We don't have ironmen in Moat Cailin so it's possible... sorry but I don't trust D&D anymore.

As for the rider at the end, it doesn't really make sense it would be Theon... if he had a horse, why wouldn't he escape??

It looks more like Ramsay, maybe following Theon. But it could be a stuntman, and then all bets are off. Arya wares clothes like that... I would love if it was her escape from the BwB, when Harwin catches her. It was such a nice scene, with a lot of backstory, with Lyanna

It could be Theon stealing a horse during his escape? Though going by the hair I'm leaning towards Jon riding for Castle Black.

But yes, it's probably a stunt performer.

If Robb and Cat are in Winterfell, there's no need to ally with the Freys to return North, is there?

So what?? easily fixed. They only need to say that they need their 5000 soldiers for the war, especially after the Duskendale and Karstark incidents.

The trailer was really good, though it would have been nicer if it were a bit longer.

I think the castle at 0:09 is Riverrun, Dragonstone looks quite different.

Was disappointed with the lack of Stannis, Mel or Davos.

There should've been more of Arya and Sansa.

Where are Thoros, Brienne, Littlefinger, Blackfish, Olenna and Margaery?

Orell warging looks insane!

Beric's flaming sword!

Dothraki???

Dany looked SO badass.

Poor Jaime ...

There's gonna be an extended Theon and Ramsay storyline ... good.

And finally, it's funny how Joffrey, Tywin, Cat and Robb got the most screentime in the trailer ;)

Well thats good, too not as good as the Purple Wedding, but still nice.

Will they include the battle on the Wall in this season?

I think so, because the actress who plays Melisandre mentioned going to Iceland to shoot some scenes . . even though the facility they use for the wall is in Ireland. She may just be tagging along to see what develops to help her next season.

If, "The Following" fails . . . then Purefoy needs to swallow humble pie and be Euron . . .

We're gonna have sansa's wedding in the middle (maybe ep 8), and the RW in ep 9.

I'm 99% certain, I've done a lot of research on this.

And I'm also a 100% sure the PW is in mid-season 4.

There's a good reason why Joffrey, Tywin, Cat and Robb had the most screentime in the trailer.

We're gonna have sansa's wedding in the middle (maybe ep 8), and the RW in ep 9.

I'm 99% certain, I've done a lot of research on this.

Sansa's wedding is confirmed for episode 8.

So what?? easily fixed. They only need to say that they need their 5000 soldiers for the war, especially after the Duskendale and Karstark incidents.

No. Robb's whole story in ASoS is about returning North, restoring Winterfell and defeating the Ironborn. If Robb makes his way to Winterfell before the Red Wedding, there's simply no need for the Red Wedding. Your proposal just makes no sense. Why would Robb drag Cat and Talisa back down to the Riverlands whilst the Ironborn are still in the North? Why would Robb believe that 3000-3500 Frey troops (they had close to 4k at the start of the war, but there's no way they'd be able to pull that figure together now) would make such a huge difference to his war campaign? The Lannister/Tyrell alliance has an army of around 150,000 soldiers. Robb cannot compete with that unless he makes an alliance with a powerful family.

It doesn't look like Winterfell anyway, so I'm not sure why anyone's worried. What is worrying is that the body with the grey hair that Cat and Robb are looking at looks like the Blackfish.

Sorry, but did anyone else notice that the narrator at the beginning and end was Varys? Do you think he could be talking to Illyrio?

"Its been a long time old friend"

"you will have the revenge you want in time"

That sounds like the sort of thing Varys would say to Illyrio. Perhaps this forshadows later events in ADWD?

Perhaps Varys might even be talking to someone with a creature of a certain avian variaty as a sigil?

Also, I just love the line where the guy who played Caeser in Rome says in a broad accent

"I am going to light the biggest fire the North has ever seen!"

Sorry, but did anyone else notice that the narrator at the beginning and end was Varys? Do you think he could be talking to Illyrio?

That sounds like the sort of thing Varys would say to Illyrio. Perhaps this forshadows later events in ADWD?

Perhaps Varys might even be talking to someone with a creature of a certain avian variaty as a sigil?

Could be Varys, Could be Deric doing what he does . . we don't know and that is what I enjoy the most!!

Good trailer just wish it was like 40 seconds longer, Probably my favorite official trailer for the show besides last years Seven Devils one.

But we're still getting a 2-minute trailer on the 25th, right? Or is that not happening now?

a certain avian variaty

Did you just manage to slip a Family Guy quote into an asoiaf forum? Did not think that was possible!

Just watched the trailer with my none reader roommate, she said she got goosebumps but has zero idea what to expect of this season storywise. She doesn't mind though.

If we believe in foreshadow in the trailer:

There is a beast in every man and it stirs when you put a Sword in its hand and the image of Jaime screaming

Death is coming for everyone and the image of Robb and Cat

PW is the season.

Cat says show them how it feels to lose what they love and we see Cersei.

You make a good point, got me thinking...

Also, I just love the line where the guy who played Caeser in Rome says in a broad accent

"I am going to light the biggest fire the North has ever seen!"

Given their last encounter in Season 2, I would put money on Varys speaking those lines to Tyrion.

Varys says that Tyrion will not be seeing much of him and that they are indeed friends,

Archived