Do think Dany dying at the end of ADWD would have been a better way for it to end?

total1402

But Dany dying in this instance at the end of ADWD would have been better than if any of those characters did.

First off, I was joking. Second, better how? By undermining the entire point of her character? She has yet to influence the main story line in any way.

Better how? By undermining the entire point of her character? She has yet to influence the main story line in any way.

Dragons could be taken by Vic or Tyrion or other characters and wind up in Westeros. That would still be enough and all those characters moved because of Dany and shes already caused lots of ripples in Westeros.

Dragons could be taken by Vic or Tyrion or other characters and wind up in Westeros. That would still be enough and all those characters moved because of Dany and shes already caused lots of ripples in Westeros.

Of course, this is assuming that Tyrion and Vic would still be interested in going to Meereen once they heard Dany was dead. Or that the Meereenese wouldn't immediately kill Rhaegal and Viserion, who were still imprisoned when Dany escaped with Drogon (I'm assuming you have Dany dying in the fighting pits).

Yes Miss. Sorry for slamming Martin.

:)

Now then. Topic. Ahem, realistically, no. It would have been pretty bad writing to just off Dany at this point.

As her arc stands, she can go two ways. She can go full on conqueror mode and embrace her inner Aegon I and blaze into Westeros. But this may lead to her being something of an antagonist to many characters currently in Westeros.

Or...she could learn from her mistakes and actually plan out her migration to Westeros and what to do. She may need a certain character or two to help counsel her on this.

Im leaning toward the former personally.....

@ Butterbumps Wow I really have boiled your piss. Sorry, didn't mean to cause any offence.

Boiled piss? Is that like the lengths you took in going out of your way to create this thread to supplement your denial of Dany as perfect as per your adjacent thread?

I would find this seriously underwhelming. So all this time Dany has just been babysitting the dragons for Lannisters and Ironborn? I really think Martin has built more into her character than that.

I agree with the OP. Why does Martin insist on writing the novels as he chooses instead of bowing to the concerns of people on the internet who consider diametrically opposite narrative choices 'more dramatic'? I'm sick of it.

Spot on, Onion. GRRM should just give the people what they clearly want: The Adventures of Syrio Forel...who just happens to be Septa Lemore...and a Faceless Man...and a secret Targaryen.

Spot on, Onion. GRRM should just give the people what they clearly want: The Adventures of Syrio Forel...who just happens to be Septa Lemore...and a Faceless Man...and a secret Targaryen.

I'd stay up all night with that book.

:D :D :D lol

Only for the sake of disagreeing with me. Now theres a woman who boils my piss.

Yes total1402/locke and key, Apple Martini would only agree with us for the sake of disagreeing with you. She probably truly agrees with every single thing you've ever written, including your author bashing.

Boiled piss? Is that like the lengths you took in going out of your way to create this thread to supplement your denial of Dany as perfect as per your adjacent thread?

Its a turn of phrase to imply annoyance that you get so hot your piss boils.

@DrPepper Well, yeah, Apple re-re doesn't like me. It is known.

I'd stay up all night with that book.

It would make War and Peace look like it was written in crayon.

:D :D :D lol

Only for the sake of disagreeing with me. Now theres a woman who boils my piss.

Yeah, how dare other posters use reason and logic in their well thought-out posts...

Archived