For readers of Star Wars EU

First of My Name

• 4 months later...

FotJ, huh? You don't hear that much. When looking at reviews and stuff, I think the Legacy era books get too much hate.

I like Courtship, but I think it's a bit improbable at some points. I've read the first three books of Legacy, and I liked those a lot, it's brilliantly imagined. I haven't read KOTOR.

What would you consider the weakest books? I'd say the Hambly books and the Crystal Star, but most of all that hideous Jedi Trial. It and Planet of Twilight were the only books that I never finished.

What is not to like about Legacy era?

Cool Skywalkers? Check (Ben, Kol, Bantha and my personal fav Cade)

Cool non Forse sensitive humans? Check (Fel family FotJ, Nyna, Droo)

Badass head of state? Check (Hi Jag dearie, Chume Tenel Ka Djo)

Badass not-quite-Jedi? Check (Imperial knights especially Ganner(I love him) and Antares)

Badass nasty Jedi? Check (Ben, Jaina, Anakin jr, Shado, Wolf, Jacen,how cool he was at the battle with Onimi?, Tenel Ka)

Badass Siths? Check (Krayt, Nihl, Caedus, Lumiya, Talon, Maladi)

Badass non human characters? Check (SHADO :bowdown: , Ikrit, Wolf, Maladi, Nihl)

I didn't liked the Clone Wars novels, the XWing novels and Knight Errant series.

You should read KOTOR, Lucien is maybe one of the most complex character in SWUniverse imho.

I might pick up the Omnibus editions of KOTOR.

I haven't read the X-Wing books (though I might someday) and I have no intention of reading Knight Errant. But the Clone Wars novels aren't that bad (most of them), IMO.

And I agree about the Legacy era :). It's my second favorite period in the GFFA. (The first being the end of the clone wars/dark times).

I tried to start athread like this a couple times, but it never took off, so I'm glad the have the opportunity to properly discuss SW now. Next question... favorite characters? (though it looks like you already mentioned most of them)

I wanted to start it long ago but I was afraid that people will laught at me :dunno: .

Fav characters BBY:

Lucien Draay

Zayne Carrick

Jarael

Brianna the Last Handmaiden

Arca Jeth

Valenthyne Farfalla

Revan

Celeste Morne

Nomi Sunrider

Ulic Qel-Droma

Fav characters ABY

Cade Skywalker

Jagged Fel

Shado Vao

Jacen Solo

Ganner Krieg

Ben Skywalker

Bantha Rawk

Antares Draco

Soontir Fel

Kol Skywalker

How about you?

I might pick up the Omnibus editions of KOTOR.

I haven't read the X-Wing books (though I might someday) and I have no intention of reading Knight Errant. But the Clone Wars novels aren't that bad (most of them), IMO.

And I agree about the Legacy era :). It's my second favorite period in the GFFA. (The first being the end of the clone wars/dark times).

I tried to start athread like this a couple times, but it never took off, so I'm glad the have the opportunity to properly discuss SW now. Next question... favorite characters? (though it looks like you already mentioned most of them)

The X-Wing books are easily some of the best.

The KOTOR books and comics are my bread and butter! I also enjoyed certain clone wars books and a little after like Coruscant Nights and Shatterpoint.

My favourite SW literature is probably the Jedi Civil War comics which depicts the war started by Exar Kun and later Quel Droma.... fav EU is KOTOR 1 the game no doubt!

Yeah darth Richard is right OP, you should have this merged with existing thread like this:

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/82764-for-readers-of-star-wars-eu/

First, use the fucking search function. There are other Star Wars topics, ffs.

I had done it and it didn't found any other thread.

Second, you like FotJ and not the x-wing books...? Is that a troll? Is you rhouse by any chance filled with Jar Jar Binks collectibles?

Yes I liked FotJ and not the XWings. Is there a problem?

Yeah darth Richard is right OP, you should have this merged with existing thread like this:

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/82764-for-readers-of-star-wars-eu/

No problem. How can I do it?

Archived