Could Jon Snow be Uncle Brandon's son?

Fetch me a block

i'm new on this forum, but i'm already tired of Jon's parenting topics :bang:

stop it! i will be so happy if Jon is just a Ned's bastard and some whore's

"Lord Eddard is not a man who sleeps with whores."

Now wouldn't that be so good? Then it will mean he is a Stark.. I don't think that Jon would enjoy being a Targaryen considering how much he wished to become a Stark

Now wouldn't that be so good? Then it will mean he is a Stark.. I don't think that Jon would enjoy being a Targaryen considering how much he wished to become a Stark

A bittersweet ending is promised. For Jon it would be learning his parents, learning he is not bastard, that he is a heir to powerful office - but not the one he wished for years.

A bittersweet ending is promised. For Jon it would be learning his parents, learning he is not bastard, that he is a heir to powerful office - but not the one he wished for years.

I think he would still be a bastard as Rhaegar is married to Elia.

I think he would still be a bastard as Rhaegar is married to Elia.

Polygamy was never made illegal and old gods don't seem to have an issue with it, we see examples of polygamy among the Wiildlings.

And it was used by Targs as well.

That goes without saying :-)

One has to wonder: what was the point of making Targs polygamous at all? The topic of incest is pretty much interconnected with the main storylines, polygamy remains sort of overshadowed, unless it will come to the good use which we expect.

Polygamy was never made illegal and old gods don't seem to have an issue with it, we see examples of polygamy among the Wiildlings.

Is there anything to suggest they were ever married though?

The behaviour of the KG at ToJ - if Jon is not legit, they are not where they should be, as their primary duty is to guard Viserys who is the next in the royal sucession and has no KG with him. Even if they had some orders from Rhaegar to guard Lyanna, at least one of them should have gone to Viserys. Yet, they insist to Ned that they are staying on Kingsguard duty.

Jon could be legit by Aerys' decree, as well, but considering the reputation of both Rhaegar and Lyanna for honour, the precedent of polygamy in Rhaegar's family would have offered them a honourable solution, and one more reliable than Aerys' dubious goodwill.

I think many people interpret the Kingsguard being at the Tower of Joy as a sign that they must have been married, since that is the only way any child of theirs would be considered royal and worthy of KG protection, a bastard and the mistress who bore him wouldn't be getting that level of protection. This is the theory anyway.

i'm new on this forum, but i'm already tired of Jon's parenting topics :bang:

stop it! i will be so happy if Jon is just a Ned's bastard and some whore's

I would be as well, but that is not the case. There are too many hints in the five books that John is not Eddard's son. I wish he was Eddard and Ashara Dayne's son as Cersei mentioned in GOT.

But it is not the case,

Darkstar is Ashara and Brandon's Son

John is Lyanna and Rhaeger's son

Aegon is the son of Illyrio and Saella (sp?) Blackfyre .

Darkstar has been confirmed as a man in his twenties, so I'm afraid not.

I would be as well, but that is not the case. There are too many hints in the five books that John is not Eddard's son. I wish he was Eddard and Ashara Dayne's son as Cersei mentioned in GOT.

But it is not the case,

But why, what's climactic about that? "Your mother was not a commoner, she was a highborn lady." Bummer!

Archived