Would you have supported Daemon Blackfyre?

Fetch me a block

A sword shouldn't be the deciding factor in succession. Joffrey was given half of Ice and I'm sure none of us think he would've been good for winterfell.

He wasn't bestowed Ice by a dying Ned who is his father, though. Suppose A dying Ned had given Jon Ice. And now suppose thus happened before a war had decided that eldest son trumps symbolic designation.

He wasn't bestowed Ice by a dying Ned who is his father, though. Suppose A dying Ned had given Jon Ice. And now suppose thus happened before a war had decided that eldest son trumps symbolic designation.

Didn't Aegon give Daemon the sword long before he died?

Maybe I'm confusing it with the deathbed legitimizing. I think they conflate, anyways, but you're probably right.

I think the argument for Jon would be more akin (re: persuasion)to the Daemon one than the Joff example, and more persuasive overall than we seem to perceive in 'retrospect'.

History chose one of 2 templates is how I see it. Neither one is inherently more valid than the other. It merely won the martial argument.

alright first off I would like to ask a question that many if not all people are not asking. Am I just a common man at arms, a petty lord, a liege lord, a lord paramount or what? The answer to this question makes all the difference for me, I think that that definately comes into play. If I am a lord paramount, of course I would choose Daeron, there is not much benefit if any of me siding with daemon over daeron in this war. If I am a petty lord or a secondary lord, I may think long and hard about it, seeing as I could possibly be upjumped to a lord paramount if I choose daemon and he wins (assuming my own liege lord chooses daeron). Now if I am just a common foot soldier, I probably would just follow my lord to whomever he chose, thought I might lean towards daemon because he was supposedly the best warrior in the realm and who wants to fight against that.

For those daeron fans saying that he was a good king and he brought many years of peace after the war and such, you are looking at this in hindsight. You have to look at it as if the war just started and you had to choose at the moment. At the moment it started daeron did have a peaceful rule but I would hesitate to say he was a good king at the moment, I would want a few more years to see it out (aerys II was a good king for awhile and then eventually became the mad king). Sorry I just cannot stand people trying to make a valid argument for daeron saying he was a good king and and saying who knew how good of a king daemon would have been, because at the time the war started who the hell knew how good of a king daeron would have been either.

Anyways, I like daemon more (though I love baelor breakspear near as much), I have no good reason why, maybe he would have been a great king, and I would have more to go off of, but of course he died during the war so I don't. All in all, it would depend on my situation at the time and what suits me, my family and their future, my legacy and my people best.

alright first off I would like to ask a question that many if not all people are not asking. Am I just a common man at arms, a petty lord, a liege lord, a lord paramount or what? The answer to this question makes all the difference for me, I think that that definately comes into play. If I am a lord paramount, of course I would choose Daeron, there is not much benefit if any of me siding with daemon over daeron in this war. If I am a petty lord or a secondary lord, I may think long and hard about it, seeing as I could possibly be upjumped to a lord paramount if I choose daemon and he wins (assuming my own liege lord chooses daeron). Now if I am just a common foot soldier, I probably would just follow my lord to whomever he chose, thought I might lean towards daemon because he was supposedly the best warrior in the realm and who wants to fight against that.

For those daeron fans saying that he was a good king and he brought many years of peace after the war and such, you are looking at this in hindsight. You have to look at it as if the war just started and you had to choose at the moment. At the moment it started daeron did have a peaceful rule but I would hesitate to say he was a good king at the moment, I would want a few more years to see it out (aerys II was a good king for awhile and then eventually became the mad king). Sorry I just cannot stand people trying to make a valid argument for daeron saying he was a good king and and saying who knew how good of a king daemon would have been, because at the time the war started who the hell knew how good of a king daeron would have been either.

Anyways, I like daemon more (though I love baelor breakspear near as much), I have no good reason why, maybe he would have been a great king, and I would have more to go off of, but of course he died during the war so I don't. All in all, it would depend on my situation at the time and what suits me, my family and their future, my legacy and my people best.

Remember that before the rebellion started the tensions had been building for ten years between Daemon and Daereon but still for all the information that GRRM has gave us both in the D&E novels Daereon was the rightful heir of the throne and no matter how good warrior Daemon could had been the reason and justice were not at his side.

From the information that we got so far King Aegon V was leaning to Daemon but there's isn't any proof that Daeron wasn't the rightful heir and by all that we know he was really a good King. Daemon may have been more popular but the law and justice was with Daeron so that's the man i would had support.

It was Aegon lV, Aegon V was Egg.

thats not my point though, it all depends on the circumstances of where you are at, and how high/ which position you hold. The question isn't who do you believe would make the better king, or who do you believe is the rightful king. It's who would you have supported.

thats not my point though, it all depends on the circumstances of where you are at, and how high/ which position you hold. The question isn't who do you believe would make the better king, or who do you believe is the rightful king. It's who would you have supported.

If you support anyone other than the rightful King you are a traitor, but anyway i suppose that if a Lord has some opportunity of get to a higher position then it's probably that this Lord would declare for the rebel.

Personally I think Daemon was a lot like Robert in the fact that they seem to have been good guys who some rebellious lords rallied around. I like what I've seen of Daemon's character so far, though that isn't much, but unless we get word of a situation like the first dance I wouldn't have supported him as king. Now if it comes to light that Aegon the Unworthy secretly raised Daemon to be his successor, and willed it that way then things would be different, but just giving him a sword because he's good with one has turned into a "beating a dead horse" situation.

If you support anyone other than the rightful King you are a traitor, but anyway i suppose that if a Lord has some opportunity of get to a higher position then it's probably that this Lord would declare for the rebel.

you are only considered a traitor after the war if your side loses though. especially in this case where daerons true father is in question (not saying it wasn't aegon, but honestly who knows)

Personally I think Daemon was a lot like Robert in the fact that they seem to have been good guys who some rebellious lords rallied around. I like what I've seen of Daemon's character so far, though that isn't much, but aunless we get word of a situation like the first dance I wouldn't have supported him as king. Now if it comes to light that Aegon the Unworthy secretly raised Daemon to be his successor, and willed it that way then things would be different, but just giving him a sword because he's good with one has turned into a "beating a dead horse" situation.

It looks like it was much more than just the sword. there were rumors that Daereon was the son of Prince Aemon the Dragonknight, then there was the deal with their sister Danaerys who Dareon gave in marriage to some Prince of Dorne.

Archived