What interests you most about The Others?

King of Winters

What is their relationship with the CotF? Were they CotF once but mutated (call it evolution eh) due to inhabitting those cold regions? Who rules them? The Great Other is just a prophecy for a possible individual or is he their "alpha" or leader? Are all Night Walkers humanoid or are we going to find White Walker beasts?

Also, Ice Dragons would be great 8D

They haven't. They were always around.

The Watch keeps "three balsts". It is not something archic - it is something that causes Chett to soil his pants. It is a live signal and everyone knows its meaning.

When WW spotting is discussed in AGoT, Watch treats it not as "snarks and grumkins", but as "what is it doing so far south?"

The luckless Ranger patrol in AGoT Prologue also recognizes Others at first glance. It is not "What the heck is this?", it is "Others! Oh crap!"

The others are nothing new. The Watch knows them, the Wildlings know them. What is new is the raising of wights en masse (or rather not new, but not seen since the Long Night).

Well, I think they mean why are they forming now, heading south? Why now, basically.

That's a big one for me. If they're able to communicate somehow, at least with certain people, it would make them less one dimensional.

Yeah, that's my issue right now. I feel like they're being portrayed as brainless man slaughterers, though we only get that impression through the POV of the characters.

Yeah, that's my issue right now. I feel like they're being portrayed as brainless man slaughterers, though we only get that impression through the POV of the characters.

I don't think so, they're sizing up Sam & Grenn during the Battle for the Fist. They're clearly sentient beings of some sort.

1. What are their objectives and motivations?

2. How do they control their undead army?

3. Relationship if any between their undead and unCat and unBeric.

I was just wondering earlier today if there is a connection!

The Others seem to be the very embodiment of evil, death and Winter. I sure hope we get to see more of them real soon.

Regarding their origins, I'm pretty sure they are just a race which thrives in the cold and are expanding their territory. Which means they aren't inherently evil.

Archived