What interests you most about The Others?

King of Winters

Everything. Occasionally I just use the search for "Others" with no idea what I'll be reading but I want to read SOMETHING about them.

One of the most interesting things is probably how they'll get through the wall and fare with the dragons. How good fighters are they (For example: Average Other vs Jaime/Sandor etc.)? Are they as formidable opponents as they are made to be (In the big picture)? Are they wholly evil or will GRRM make something up to make them more grey?

Everything. Occasionally I just use the search for "Others" with no idea what I'll be reading but I want to read SOMETHING about them.

Same thing here. I just want to hear people's different theories on them.

How the Watch/Stannis will annihilate them.

They won't.

Either they just push Others back where they came from (or, even, it is found that the troublemakers are a dissent faction from the Other nation and the mankind would be saved by legitimate Other host after Benjen Stark makes his journey to ask for help :P)...

Or...

When I see the conflict between Ice and Fire, I see many parallels with Babylon 5. Ice and Fire will be dragged to mutual confrontation - and either destroy each other or "get the hell out of our planet".

Cue in not "Long winter" or "eternal summer" (bouth could be eventually deadly) but start of normal seasons.

i'm interesting how Night's King was fucking an Other woman?

LOL! I once thought the Others are genderless and ugly. But the Night's King married one and they became King and Queen. I wonder how the Others live and what kind of beings they really are?

If they are pure evil (I doubt it).

And how they live in the Lands of Allways Winter (their soccial structure, how their home looks like, etc.) and I would love to learn more about their language.

Their relationship with the CotF.

I like to think that they live in giant ice castles like in Narnia

Whether or not they bring the cold or the cold brings them. I wonder if they might have helped to build the wall for their own purposes. Maybe they wanted to be separated from the FM as much as the FM wanted to be separated from them. What was in the pact they made. Why must there always be a Stark in Winterfell? It must something to do with keeping the Others at bay.

To be honest, not much. I'm more interested in the human side of this story, the magic/fantasy element I treat as garnish.

Well if you could ask GRRM one thing about The Others what would it be?

Why have they returned?

They haven't. They were always around.

The Watch keeps "three balsts". It is not something archic - it is something that causes Chett to soil his pants. It is a live signal and everyone knows its meaning.

When WW spotting is discussed in AGoT, Watch treats it not as "snarks and grumkins", but as "what is it doing so far south?"

The luckless Ranger patrol in AGoT Prologue also recognizes Others at first glance. It is not "What the heck is this?", it is "Others! Oh crap!"

The others are nothing new. The Watch knows them, the Wildlings know them. What is new is the raising of wights en masse (or rather not new, but not seen since the Long Night).

Archived