No Mercy Trailer

Westeros

The more plausible explanation is that there are simply a ton of videos and it doesn't make sense to have a thread for each one. We don't have an "Inside the Wildlings" thread, for example, despite it being on the official Game of Thrones youtube channel.

Beware bitching :

I just watched the Wildlings video, and... wtf ? I do not recognize Tormund...

This is not the Tormund I know.

It's like they not only gave him the Magnar and Varamyr's roles, but also their personality.

So after Asha, they screwed yet another of my favourite characters... Great.

Sorry for the bitching.

Beware bitching :

I just watched the Wildlings video, and... wtf ? I do not recognize Tormund...

This is not the Tormund I know.

It's like they not only gave him the Magnar and Varamyr's roles, but also their personality.

So after Asha, they screwed yet another of my favourite characters... Great.

Sorry for the bitching.

You are the first one to not like Kristofer as Tormund...

You are the first one to not like Kristofer as Tormund...

How can I like him ? He's completely different from book!Tormund.

I don't see him laughing, nor smiling, not even once. He's constantly angry and suspicious toward Jon in every shot, which book!Tormund never was (unless I get mixed up between ASOS!Tormund and the more recent ADWD!Tormund, in this case please feel free to correct me).

I don't see him laughing, nor smiling, not even once. He's constantly angry and suspicious toward Jon in every shot, which book!Tormund never was (unless I get mixed up between ASOS!Tormund and the more recent ADWD!Tormund, in this case please feel free to correct me).

Yes, and you've seen so much footage of Tormund in the show to form a complete opinion of him. I get that what you've seen so far is not to your liking, but maybe there's other less dramatic (and 'trailer-worthy') stuff you haven't seen yet, hmm?

Also, "Asha" (Yara) is awesome in the show. So, I have to disagree with you on that point.

I get that what you've seen so far is not to your liking, but maybe there's other less dramatic (and 'trailer-worthy') stuff you haven't seen yet, hmm?

I can only hope. But seeing 5 or 6 shots of angry Tormund is enough to piss me off.

My Tormund is never angry and always laughing :D

Sorry again for the bitching :)

Also, "Asha" (Yara) is awesome in the show. So, I have to disagree with you on that point.

Well, you'll have to disagree on this one with a lot of people.

Book Tormund is also old with grey hair.

I couldn't care less about this though. I don't mind what he looks like (except for his member of course, it needs to be a giant one), I just want him to be Tormund.

Not the actor's fault. D&D obviously wanted Tormund to be this way instead of the book version. Not something I like because Hivju has a massive amount of energy so it's a shame they don't let him use it.

Edit:

One of the WiC mods has seen the first 4 episodes and apparently Tormund is as serious as we've seen him in the promos.

That's a real shame. Why on earth would D+D want to waste such an exuberant character and transform him into another grim, generic wildling which it seems we'll be getting 3 or 4 of (Orell, Rattleshirt, now Tormund, and I thought I saw of shot of Jarl as well.).

Does this mean no member jokes?

The more plausible explanation is that there are simply a ton of videos and it doesn't make sense to have a thread for each one. We don't have an "Inside the Wildlings" thread, for example, despite it being on the official Game of Thrones youtube channel.

Well now there is a "Wildlings" video thread - so there is no excuse for keeping the discussion here.

Well, you'll have to disagree on this one with a lot of people.

So? Should I care?

I couldn't care less about this though. I don't mind what he looks like (except for his member of course, it needs to be a giant one), I just want him to be Tormund.

So say we all!

One of the WiC mods has seen the first 4 episodes and apparently Tormund is as serious as we've seen him in the promos.

Link? Last I saw, the only WiC mod with the first four episodes was planning on not watching them all at once, and had only seen the first episode. Posted just yesterday:

Winter Is Coming: Considering I had the opposite opinion of the first episode (I found it to be quite thrilling) I really can’t wait to see these other episodes!

They'll probably kill Tormund at the Battle of Castle Black.

And then what're they going to do when he comes back? Create an entirely new character which we have no connection with? I think it'd make more sense for him to escape through the gate of CB, then in S4 we see some of the battle of the Wall from the wildling side, then he turns up in S5 as in the books.

Hopefully he's at least made likeable (which is sort of indicated by the "I like you boy" line.). Maybe it'll be like Robert where his boisterousness was toned down but still there.

Not the actor's fault. D&D obviously wanted Tormund to be this way instead of the book version. Not something I like because Hivju has a massive amount of energy so it's a shame they don't let him use it.

Yeah I know, it's not the actor that I blame, but the show!Tormund.

And then what're they going to do when he comes back? Create an entirely new character which we have no connection with? I think it'd make more sense for him to escape through the gate of CB, then in S4 we see some of the battle of the Wall from the wildling side, then he turns up in S5 as in the books.

Hopefully he's at least made likeable (which is sort of indicated by the "I like you boy" line.). Maybe it'll be like Robert where his boisterousness was toned down but still there.

I expect that he will be toned down but still have something underlying. At the end of the day he is a leader of men, a hardened Wildling... - Book Tormund is sometimes difficult to believe as a leader.

My only book quibble is that Astapor isn't very red! I know that is a ridiculous problem to have but...

I expect Tormund to be quite grim and ferocious in the beginning, or at least so you get that impression of him. I think he'll warm up to Jon and become a completely different person once Jon proves himself in one way or another.

Well apparently he hasn't warmed up by episode 4, and after that they'll pretty much be climbing the Wall (in E6 I believe.) and then Jon's gone. There really doesn't seem to be much time for happy-fun-time Tormund.

Archived