TTTNE 384 : Angry Birds

brAnthelAstgreenseer

I never played Angry Birds ... and do not even intend to.

Thanks, Rose. :grouphug: I stayed up too late yesterday/today morning and now I feel the lack of sleep ... When I woke up, I thought I felt better, but now I do not anymore. :wacko: I just want to go back to bed.

I look like a zombie. My eyes are glueing together. I do not feel like doing anything, least of all school work. I need a hug.

At least it is sunny.

:grouphug:

We've a lot of new snow, another reason not to get up today. Currently I'm enjoying the perks of being on sick leave. Gonna watch Headhunters now. :P

Is anyone else severely unimpressed with the General forum these days? It seems like all anyone does is insult each other and jump on anyone whose opinion is different to theirs without any regard for the fact that they're allowed to disagree and that the boards are meant to be used to raise questions and discuss matters with other people without always having to agree with everyone?

:bang: people make me mad. Why does everyone seem to want to argue all the time? Everyone should be more like the nice, friendly Forum Games folks :grouphug:

Is anyone else severely unimpressed with the General forum these days? It seems like all anyone does is insult each other and jump on anyone whose opinion is different to theirs without any regard for the fact that they're allowed to disagree and that the boards are meant to be used to raise questions and discuss matters with other people without always having to agree with everyone?

:bang: people make me mad. Why does everyone seem to want to argue all the time? Everyone should be more like the nice, friendly Forum Games folks :grouphug:

Yes its very irritating for me too.I think most people on general thread rite now just want to increase their post count so even if they dont want to they will keep fighting and debating without any reason.

I'm too in love with my current av to change it though, sorry.

I do love the Angry Hulk bird :D

Yours is particularly awesome.

It was well past midnight when i posted that .Changed it now.

Ta blud.

I don't have a smart phone so I've only played the occasional game if someone wants to show me it.

Morning thread

Gen Shat has always been a little acerbic towards newcomers that don't share the opinion of the board hive mind, well maybe that's not entirely fair. They do welcome new thoughts if the arguments are well reasoned and written with style. Douchebags who make douchey posts about douchetastic subjects will get a sound kicking though.

Or did you mean the ASOIAF General Forum rather than General Chatter? After you've been here a certain amount of time there is no point going into ASOIAF General at all because it will just irritate you. Occasionally I might have a scroll through the latest popular topics but never more than that.

Better to stay here in Forum Games and TTTNE, kick back with a drink in the virtual hot tub and relax with friends :cheers:

Yeah, just the ASOIAF General Forum rather than Gen Chat. I used to like reading them, but now Bran is definitely right- people have resorted to posting nothing but insults and irrelevant arguments to get their post count up. I'm with you PrinceMountainGoat, it's just too annoying to even look at any more.

I'll be settling myself into the hot tub, anyone want anything from the fridge while i'm up? :cheers:

I think, and I have also heard some other posters mention so, that the intellectual level of discussions in General has sunk a lot lately. I am from the last wave of posters who joined before the show (also some weeks or maybe a couple of months before ADWD was announced) and I remember the conversations being much more thought out then. Plus there is the fact that once you have seen most of the discussions, you realise that they tend to run in circles. You cannot discuss Jon's parentage for ever and you cannot always find new clues why Tyrion is or is not a secret Targaryen. So you get tired of reading and repeating the same arguments again.

GenChat, on the other hand, is completely different. I post there occasionally, but cannot feel completely relaxed there.

So better to stay down here in Games. And play pictionary. :)

Morning thread

Gen Shat has always been a little acerbic towards newcomers that don't share the opinion of the board hive mind, well maybe that's not entirely fair. They do welcome new thoughts if the arguments are well reasoned and written with style. Douchebags who make douchey posts about douchetastic subjects will get a sound kicking though.

Or did you mean the ASOIAF General Forum rather than General Chatter? After you've been here a certain amount of time there is no point going into ASOIAF General at all because it will just irritate you. Occasionally I might have a scroll through the latest popular topics but never more than that.

Better to stay here in Forum Games and TTTNE, kick back with a drink in the virtual hot tub and relax with friends :cheers:

I so much agree with this :) I find the atmosphere there sometimes very hostile and unwelcoming :dunno: dunno...

Congrats Bran the man :)

I already have one angry bird on my back so I wont change my avatar :)

Hello to you all,one big kiss from middle east :kiss:

I tend to stay away from GC mainly because I really don't care much about the topics. I'll read through some topics though. But there's an unpleasant air of Cliquishness sometimes.

Forum games is obviously heaven of the forum. The TV show forum is a dark cave. The ASoIaF general is the underdark with endless wars between all it's denizens, whilst the poor mid book readers stumble around with their entirely blind eyes.

Then the MUSH is a far off land always just over the horizon.

So wait, GenASOIAF is stripping GenChat of the war zone title of the board? The only thing I remember pf GenASOIAF is that it's the crackpot theory haven and that many new posters don't bother using the search button.

Archived