Kit Harington (Jon) on reading all the books

Bo Bice

He almost seemed... disappointed when giving that answer. Given the way his story leaves off in ADwD, this could be a bit of a subtle spoiler. I've seen other interviews not too long ago where he gives a much more enthusiastic answer saying that hes currently read only the first 4. Any thoughts on this?

He probably got tired of answering that question. It's asked in basically every interview.

I would say definitely, but this if the only interview i've seen where he says hes read all of them instead of the first 4. And theres a big difference in the way the two books end for Jon.

His tone and inflection is pretty much exactly the same all the way through. He talks about reading the books in the same way he alludes to giving the lord's kiss to Ygritte. I'm not sure Kit Harrington was disappointed about the cave scene with Rose Leslie.

His tone and inflection is pretty much exactly the same all the way through. He talks about reading the books in the same way he alludes to giving the lord's kiss to Ygritte. I'm not sure Kit Harrington was disappointed about the cave scene with Rose Leslie.

He's probably trying to avoid spoiling non-readers then.

LOL!!!

He seemed pretty happy. I enjoyed his smirk when asked about Jon's oaths though. But i think this is another case of peeps misunderstanding whats happening in a video clip. Srsly guys.

Good to see some of the actors have read the books. That should really be a homework assignment for these people. It is kind of relevant you know.

Actually it is and it isn't. Charles Dance gives a very good reasoning as to why he deliberately does not read the books. Tywin, like Tyrion, is very different from the books, and he's portraying the show version of Tywin. In their world the script is what matters most, not the books.

Actually it is and it isn't. Charles Dance gives a very good reasoning as to why he deliberately does not read the books. Tywin, like Tyrion, is very different from the books, and he's portraying the show version of Tywin. In their world the script is what matters most, not the books.

:agree: For them, the book is not the script.

For him to have read the books probably contributes to the quality of his performance. The actor seems very thorough and sincere in his approach, and being humble ("I try not to take it for granted") in interviews and rather quiet in panel discussions makes him very likeable, not at all boring. Unlike some of the Hollywood actors who only enjoy talking about themselves.

Very true. Remember what he said about a fan coming up and spoiling his major scene? :lol:

I think Kit is just trying not to spoil the books.

Archived