Anime IV - new SUMMER animu and guff

jurble

Samurai Flamenco (from the director of Brain's Base : Durarara!!, Baccano!, etc) and Kill la Kill (from the team of Gurren Lagann) are the main attractions this season.

Those who enjoyed Valvrave will continue to enjoy it.

Those who watch sports anime will have their due with the new seasons of Ippo and Kuroko (and other stuff).

And there is sufficient moelolishit and fujoshit for the others.

A great season.

A great season.

Eh? I really don't see it. Might be some good stuff, but one or two watchable shows does not a good season make. (admittedly, these kinds of previews tends to be very tricky to juge, these summaries can be misleading, I believe Penguindrum was referred to as "A story about three siblings who meet some mysterious penguins." which... Yeah)

Chihayafuru OVas too. Log Horizon might be ok, seems like it will have the same premise as SoA.

Ooh, Chihayafuru OVA's? I'm so on.

Watched episodes 1 of Kyoukai no Kanata and Kill La Kill.

Kyoukai no Kanata drew me in even though I swear all of it has been done before. So long as it sticks to the more supernatural and doesn't take a huge slice of life route it should hold up well I think.

Kill La Kill was ..different. The animation is intense and I liked the art style, but the fanservice however blatantly admitted to by the characters is still a bit much. Though from what it looks like aside from her primary goal the protagonist will have a secondary goal of unsexifying her uniform in a way you'll need to watch the very end of the episode to see a precursor too. I can get behind that for her sake.

Watched Kill la Kill 1, it was not bad, and in a way I found it more like re: Cutey Honey than like Gurenn Lagann. Well, anyway, considering the guys writing and directing it, there is little chance that it'll end up a mere fanservice mediocrity. I like the very idea of reverse fanservice as the series goes on, it's usually the other way round, with the outfits getting skimpier as the series goes on.

The Kyousogiga ONA was re-released for TV with a few added scenes and a few removed. It's extremely enjoyable that way. I'm expecting good things for what comes next.

Watched Coppelion, and I am nonplussed. So you engineer super-humans, but you send them out to a disaster zone in school girl uniforms (city shoes, unfit for long walks, skirts, ditto, no knives, no camping kits, not equipment...), and with school bags? With no motorized transport? You make them walk to a destination you reach easily by helicopter shortly after? It's a chemical attack disaster area and somehow they find enough edible food and potable water to survive in autonomy for days (weeks, months?) Also enough energy sources to cook, and they also have some sort of portable refrigerator for the seafood they are shown eating to not go bad? They have no training and rebel against direct orders even though they are so special and were raised for the job? What is the bloody job anyway? To roam around and do jack all? This is so stupid.

Kill la Kill is awesome.

The character design is a masterpiece, something I'd never thought we would see again. And the uniform is like the best designed costume ever.

All those insipid ecchi of the last decade... KlK just came and sent them all to the garbage: "You know nothing". It did better in a field where it isn't even supposed to play.

Fate/Zero anyone? I watched the first couple of episodes and it is fucking amazing.

The plot is about seven masters who are fighting for the holy grail. They all have different motives for why they want the grail because the grail can fulfill them one wish.

Then they are the servants who the masters have to summon in order to succeed over the other masters. Those servants are mostly historically important figures.

The good thing about this show is that tit is comparable to song of ice and fire. There are some masters or servant you like and want to win but only one can get the grail in the end.

Some will find the first episode kinda slow and it is but after that it's starting to get mad

here is the trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-7PFiut1HI

Fate/Zero anyone? I watched the first couple of episodes and it is fucking amazing.

The plot is about seven masters who are fighting for the holy grail. They all have different motives for why they want the grail because the grail can fulfill them one wish.

Then they are the servants who the masters have to summon in order to succeed over the other masters. Those servants are mostly historically important figures.

The good thing about this show is that tit is comparable to song of ice and fire. There are some masters or servant you like and want to win but only one can get the grail in the end.

Some will find the first episode kinda slow and it is but after that it's starting to get mad

here is the trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-7PFiut1HI

I didn't care much for all the other Fate/(insert word here) series. Maybe it was the bad quality of Fate/Stay that got me, but I have enough medical time off coming up to where I'll probably end up watching this.

Anyone else have good experiences with the series as a whole, or just one specific one?

I didn't care much for all the other Fate/(insert word here) series. Maybe it was the bad quality of Fate/Stay that got me, but I have enough medical time off coming up to where I'll probably end up watching this.

Anyone else have good experiences with the series as a whole, or just one specific one?

you can't compare stay night with zero totally different fate zero is much much much better

It's a Gainax show (well, at least, the same team, let's say it's Gainax for the sake of the point), of course it's all about fanservice.

They even invented the term fanservice.

But it's about true fanservice, literally. Not only the sexual connotation it has now.

Archived