The Final Lord of Harrenhall

Everyone keeps asking who will sit on the Iron Throne come the end of the series, I'm wondering if we will see a house that properly sits on the seat of Harrenhal without being extinguished or 'cursed' by being there.

So will the curse be lifted?

Who will ve the Lords of Harrenhal?

Will it still be the Warden of the Riverlands come the end of the series?

Will Harrenhal be restored?

OK I'm going to do my ultra-analytical thing and suggest that Harrenhal represents the Seven Kingdoms on a micro scale.

Everyone in Westeros thinks that they're sitting pretty (House Hoare) in their swank land (Harrenhal) but then Aegon arrives. I don't think it's a coincidence that Harrenhal, a monument to greed and excess and bruality, is finished on the day that Aegon lands and is subsequently left to rot and decay. Harrenhal is "cursed" because the united Seven Kingdoms are "cursed" in that there is no way for them to stay together permanantly. Like Harrenhal, they are too big to manage as a whole and are left to be ruined through poor overall management.

As to who ends up with Harrenhal, like the Iron Throne, I hope it's vacant. Although the Stark-Tullys have a claim to it, somewhat, from the Whent side.

Little Finger and whoever comes after would be wise to break down the castle and pound the bricks to dust.

Take all the valuables, sell them and full the place with wildfire. Like Tyrion said build a new one.

OK I'm going to do my ultra-analytical thing and suggest that Harrenhal represents the Seven Kingdoms on a micro scale.

Everyone in Westeros thinks that they're sitting pretty (House Hoare) in their swank land (Harrenhal) but then Aegon arrives. I don't think it's a coincidence that Harrenhal is, a monument to greed and excess and bruality, is finished on the day that Aegon lands and is subsequently left to rot and decay. Harrenhal is "cursed" because the united Seven Kingdoms are "cursed" in that there is no way for them to stay together permanantly. Like Harrenhal, they are too big to manage as a whole and are left to be ruined through poor overall management.

As to who ends up with Harrenhal, like the Iron Throne, I hope it's vacant. Although the Stark-Tullys have a claim to it, somewhat, from the Whent side.

Can I say I am in love with this ultra-analytical thing of yours? It`s brilliant. This idea deserves a thread, Apple. :bowdown:

A fitting end to Harrenhal would be to gradually dismantle the towers, wall and build monuments honoring the dead that were accumulated by the inbred Targaryen reign of terror that has already come and more is yet to as well.

Theon Greyjoy, if he survives, nothing worse could happen to him than whats already happened (curse). Would be a nice irony originally setting out to claim Casterly Rock then ending up with Harrenhal. Also Harren the Black, original builder was king of the iron islands.

well if Theon ends up as the Lord of Harrenhal, the curse would continue as Theon is hinted to be castrated. :D

i think Harrenhal is a good "warning", so i think/wish that next lord would still be morally ambiguous. too bad the freys already have the twins.

Can I say I am in love with this ultra-analytical thing of yours? It`s brilliant. This idea deserves a thread, Apple. :bowdown:

Any thing Apple says deserves a thread :bowdown:

I'd rather Harrenhal was left alone as a kind of grand monument.

The Ironmen were looking for land. Maybe Dany will give it to Victarion as payment for her passage home. Either the curse won't effect Ironborn, since Harren was Ironborn; or, it will finish them off.

Is it possible that just being NAMED the Lord of Harrenhall is enough to invoke the curse? Janos Slynt was LOH, just before he wound up on the Wall and executed by the son of the man he killed to get that bribe in the first place. Maybe Littlefinger's luck is running out.

When I saw there was a lothston in the golden company I wondered if he might make a (re)claim on harrenhal. Long shot, but it would be a good strategic spot of Aegon's war as it was in the five king's war.

And good to roast (again) Aegon and his army with Dragons (-> Dany's badass entrance) :P

It goes back to its rightful founders: THE IRONBORN!

Thats what I want, but not what will happen.

Something tells me that it will be given to someone later in the end (Sansa?). But I think the BWB will hold it for a while.

Archived