Dexter: The Final Season

Commodore

I'm just starting Season 2 and it's watchable, I'm enjoying it but there's nothing that's making me go wow yet, what Season does it start becoming great?.

Not to turn this into a companion BB thread, but I personally was hooked after season 3 episode 7 (One Minute). I knew the show was something special way back in s1 when Walt puts the plate back together and sees a dagger-like shape missing (seriously, that was genius). But I didn't get hopelessly drawn in until halfway through s3.

Season 1 episode 1 about 5 min. in.

I'm enjoying it well enough but I'm not thinking wow yet, saying that though I really didn't like The Wire after the first Episode and almost gave up on it, but re watched it and stuck with it and now regard it as one of the best shows of all time, so perhaps this too will grow on me.

I think what's not helping much are Jesse and Skylers characters at the moment.

Not to turn this into a companion BB thread, but I personally was hooked after season 3 episode 7 (One Minute). I knew the show was something special way back in s1 when Walt puts the plate back together and sees a dagger-like shape missing (seriously, that was genius). But I didn't get hopelessly drawn in until halfway through s3.

I enjoyed the plate scene too, as it had you built up half thinking everything was going to work out and how you feel for Walt when he realizes what he has to do is un avoidable is great.

agreed. Half way through season 3 was when I really started to think it was a top tier show.

I don't know what you people are going on about. The episode ends with Hannah and Harrison walking down the boulevard in Buenos Aries. There's nothing after that but a fade to black and then the credits.

Still a lot of lame stuff in the episode like his blatantly walking off with Deb's corpse, but the writers at least got it right that Dexter killing himself was the only appropriate way to go with his character, and wrap up his story.

I mean, this scenario of his showing up as a reclusive lumberjack just sounds like the worst possible fan fic. I'm so glad they didn't do that.

Not sure if you're joking or not, but the lumberjack thing was real. They held the black screen after Hannah and Harrison to make you think that was it. Then, it showed a lumberjack working, then heading home. Then we see it's Dexter with a beard and he creepily looks straight at the camera. It was laughable.

Archived