Why does no one like Dany?

Ydiot

Yeah, I don't care who she has sex with, but the fact that her boy toy so easily distracts her from her duties as queen is a strike against her, as well the fact that she doesn't seem to see that the guy is untrustworthy, so, the affair itself is not the problem but its more evidence of her extremely bad judgement, her tendency to toward superficiality and her inability to keep focus on larger issues such as ruling and managing the government.

Robert did worse and he was married so i dont care about that. she did way worse as a ruler.

I hold the mother of dragons to a higher standard than King Buffoon. Granted, I do think Robert was an idiot for whoring around when he had the hottest girl in the world for a wife, but he was obviously a simple minded fool. Daenerys going from Drogo, the greatest warrior/commander of the East, to some greasy sell sword is just too much for this guy. She's the last Targaryen vagina. Can't just give that up to some Essos trash with blue hair.

Yeah, I don't care who she has sex with, but the fact that her boy toy so easily distracts her from her duties as queen is a strike against her, as well the fact that she doesn't seem to see that the guy is untrustworthy, so, the affair itself is not the problem but its more evidence of her extremely bad judgement, her tendency to toward superficiality and her inability to keep focus on larger issues such as ruling and managing the government.

Yet when Tyrion did the same kind of thing, only much more blatantly, with Shae, nearly everyone is still praising him as a genius politician (and it's not like he didn't make plenty of other blunders).

"She wants fire, and Dorne sent her mud. You could make a poultice out of mud to cool a fever. You could plant seeds in mud and grow a crop to feed your children. Mud would nourish you, where fire would only consume you, but fools and children and young girls would choose fire every time"-Selmy about Dany and Quentyn.

I know you are 16yo but have some common sense please, and please dont(edit) reject DORNE and wed hizdahr zo Loraq 5sec later.

Seems many people dislike her for being... human. OMG! She makes mistakes! Has personality flaws! Why can't she be a perfect general, politician, friend, ruler...

Because she decided herself to not be considred as a simple human with all her infinite titles.

I hold the mother of dragons to a higher standard than King Buffoon. Granted, I do think Robert was an idiot for whoring around when he had the hottest girl in the world for a wife, but he was obviously a simple minded fool. Daenerys going from Drogo, the greatest warrior/commander of the East, to some greasy sell sword is just too much for this guy. She's the last Targaryen vagina. Can't just give that up to some Essos trash with blue hair.

What's wrong with a woman finally getting to choose her lover? Its not fair to hate on her just because we don't approve of her choice. And she never marries Daario, nor does she sleep with him after she marries Hizdahr.

I personally feel Daario was an improvement over Drogo. Drogo was a rapist and their relationship was a clear case of Stockholm syndrome.

"She wants fire, and Dorne sent her mud. You could make a poultice out of mud to cool a fever. You could plant seeds in mud and grow a crop to feed your children. Mud would nourish you, where fire would only consume you, but fools and children and young girls would choose fire every time"-Selmy about Dany and Quentyn.

I know you are 16yo but have some common sense please, and please dont(edit) reject DORNE and wed hizdahr zo Loraq 5sec later.

She lacks long range thinking right now, only sees the suffering going on in Mereen NOW. She wants to protect her "children" as best she can though she is failing miserably at it. If she were to do the practical thing as Jorah recommended to her before she even took the city she would have ditched the free slaves and went to Pentos to get ready to take back her throne. Instead... I find it admirable myself, I just wish she was more seasoned and could do a better job at it. Not to mention a bit more iron in her, she should have been executing those child hostages when the murders from the Harpy continued... but like I said we can't expect a perfect character to make the right decisions, won't be much of a story if she was perfect.

Because she decided herself to not be considred as a simple human with all her infinite titles.

She is a queen you know heh. Besides, humility in her position is the the way to earn the respect she needs, already has to prove herself to those around her. Acting beneath her station is not a habit you want to get into when you intend to be a monarch.

I think Dany is one of the worst when it comes to possible rulers, but even I get defensive of her when someone attacks her because of Daario. Robert was just as stupid. Tyrion had even fewer reason to trust Shae, but people put the blame on her because she made him believe instead of tyrion. Dany is free to have sex whith whoever she wants.

About ruling, many people already said so much.

Dany is impulsive, irresponsible, doesn't think her actions through. She has a temper, and she is beginning to become Viserys with dragons.

What was the first thing that made me dislike her so much?

This:

“Saved me?” The Lhazareen woman spat. “Three riders had taken me, not as a man takes a woman but from behind, as a dog takes a bitch. The fourth was in me when you rode past. How then did you save me? I saw my god’s house burn, where I had healed good men beyond counting. My home they burned as well, and in the street I saw piles of heads. I saw the head of a baker who made my bread. I saw the head of a boy I had saved from deadeye fever, only three moons past. I heard children crying as the riders drove them off with their whips. Tell me again what you saved.”

This is the price of Dany's ambition. This all happened because of her and her beloved husband.

And after hearing all this, she can still love Drogo. Drogo who is possibly way worse than half of the slavers in Slaver Bay. Drogo was a slaver himself, and as a bonus he destroyed and enslaved entire nations. How many slaver, that she executedd can say the same about themself? So he loved his wife? Maybe a lot of slaver loved their wife and their children as well.

Dany now witnessed it first hand, how and what innocent people have to pay, in order for her to sit on the Throne.

Yet Dany still wants that damn Throne, which wil mean she will crush ad destroy even more peoples life. And she doesn't care.

What's wrong with a woman finally getting to choose her lover? Its not fair to hate on her just because we don't approve of her choice. And she never marries Daario, nor does she sleep with him after she marries Hizdahr.

I personally feel Daario was an improvement over Drogo. Drogo was a rapist and their relationship was a clear case of Stockholm syndrome.

I feel the same.

She rejects Quent because he came too late, but that is only half the truth, the other half is that she doesn't fancie him, she rejects him on how he looks. Right after that rejection, she marries another man who she doesn't love... It's not that i was ever in the Dany camp, but if I was I would be flying headlong for camp Stannis the moment I read it.

She lacks long range thinking right now, only sees the suffering going on in Mereen NOW. She wants to protect her "children" as best she can though she is failing miserably at it. If she were to do the practical thing as Jorah recommended to her before she even took the city she would have ditched the free slaves and went to Pentos to get ready to take back her throne. Instead... I find it admirable myself, I just wish she was more seasoned and could do a better job at it. Not to mention a bit more iron in her, she should have been executing those child hostages when the murders from the Harpy continued... but like I said we can't expect a perfect character to make the right decisions, won't be much of a story if she was perfect.

I get this, I don't blame her for it, but it's not that I think better of her for it either. It's noble, but she does other things less noble.

Yeah would totally make sense to break her marriage agreement with Hizdahr and turn most of Meereen against her when she has no way to leave.

Dany now witnessed it first hand, how and what innocent people have to pay, in order for her to sit on the Throne.

Yet Dany still wants that damn Throne, which wil mean she will crush ad destroy even more peoples life. And she doesn't care.

Just like any other claimant to a throne in the series. Did Stannis stop pursuing the throne after he saw thousands of his men burn alive at Blackwater? Not at all. Did Robb agree to renounce his crown to stop the bloodshed in the Riverlands? Nope. It's the mentality of the high nobles.

Yet when Tyrion did the same kind of thing, only much more blatantly, with Shae, nearly everyone is still praising him as a genius politician (and it's not like he didn't make plenty of other blunders).

Tyrion never really let Shae get in the way of ruling though, not to the same extent and he is a much better politician than Dany. He certainly fooled himself about her, and I don't give him a pass for that, nor do I give him a pass for murdering her, I've lost respect for him as well, but he is much superior to Dany in his ability to put aside his emotions and focus on the big picture, and he never exhibited outright cruelty until the last book, where Dany has been showing it for a long time now.

Just like any other claimant to a throne in the series. Did Stannis stop pursuing the throne after he saw thousands of his men burn alive at Blackwater? Not at all. Did Robb agree to renounce his crown to stop the bloodshed in the Riverlands? Nope. It's the mentality of the high nobles.

Still i give it to Dany that she is person who is most concerned about the commoners.

Archived