[Possible Book Spoilers] Future locations in the intro

Queen of Whores

Riverrun

Meereen

Sunspear

Braavos

They're the only ones I can really see being added for sure at this point. Possibly Yunkai (though they may use Astapor as a stand-in for all Slavers Bay activity this season) The Dreadfort is a possibility (though there is the theory that Theon isn't even at the Dreadfort in the show, he's in a burned-out Winterfell), but IMO unlikely. Oldtown and possibly Storm's End (aka. Aegon's camp) are likely for when the show gets into Winds territory. Also, The Eyrie, Pentos, The Twins and Pyke are all going to make returns in the coming seasons. I don't think the show will spend enough time in Volantis or White Harbour for it to be worth producing a special animation for them. and we haven't even seen Casterly Rock or Highgarden in the books yet!

Man, the S5/6 titles are going to be epic: Kings Landing -> Sunspear -> Oldtown -> Riverrun -> Pyke -> The Eyrie -> Winterfell - The Wall -> Braavos -> Meereen - phew!

For seasons 3-5, I'm thinking:

Meereen will definitely be there in Season 4/5

Braavos will probably be introduced in Season 5

The Citadel will defintely be introduced in Season 5

Dorne will definitely be in Season 5, although it might be in Season 4 too

And The Iron Islands, possibly introduced later this season, all depends on when the Kingsmoot begins

That's just off the top of my head.

Places I really want to see are:

Riverrun (we might get it tonight!)

Yunkai (I think it's the city behind Astapor)

Meereen (the pyramids will be so cool)

Braavos (The Titan, anyone?)

Sunspear (I love the Martells)

Oldtown (I want to see Hightower)

I can see standard S5/6 opening to be KL > Sunspear > Pyke > Winterfell* > The Wall > Braavos/Pentos/Volantis** > Meereen.

*We will never not see Winterfell because the North remembers

**Alternate between eps and dependant on the characters featured with Volantis later replacing Pentos

Man, the S5/6 titles are going to be epic: Kings Landing -> Sunspear -> Oldtown -> Riverrun -> Pyke -> The Eyrie -> Winterfell - The Wall -> Braavos -> Meereen - phew!

Yeah, the intro will have to be 3min long :D

Here are the map locations I expect will appear this season:

• King's Landing
  • Dragonstone
  • Harrenhal
  • Winterfell
  • The Wall
  • Astapor
  • Riverrun
  • Pyke
  • Yunkai
  • The Eyrie
  • The Twins

This, I think that's all we'll see this season.

For future seasons I'll add:

Oldtown, Sunspear, Braavos, Mereen, White Harbor and Volantis (and the eventual return of Pentos). Martin said we will see Casterly Rock and Highgarden before the story is over so I guess those will be if we get to season 8(?). Not sure about Storm's End, that will be Aegon's HQ, but if they didn't show it with Renly why doing it now. As for the Dreadfort, Moat Caillin, and Deepwood motte, I don't think we'll get them, Winterfell will stand for "the north" (except WH and the Wall)

Not sure about Storm's End, that will be Aegon's HQ, but if they didn't show it with Renly why doing it now.

Well I'm going on the assumption that Aegon will be a bigger part of the series than Renly was, and we'll see more of him given that we've got a POV permanently there (with another on the way). That said, they added locations in S1 for just a couple of episodes, presumably only because they knew they would come into play again later (e.g. Pentos, The Twins, The Eyrie), so I suppose they would've done the same for Storms End... vOv

Braavos will probably be introduced in Season 5

So long, really? What in the world is Arya going to do for the eleven episodes between the Red Wedding and Series 5 then? Surely her exploits at the Inn at the Crossroads plus securing sea transport does not take eleven hours, does it? That’s two episodes. What is she supposed to do for the other nine?

So long, really? What in the world is Arya going to do for the eleven episodes between the Red Wedding and Series 5 then? Surely her exploits at the Inn at the Crossroads plus securing sea transport does not take eleven hours, does it? That’s two episodes. What is she supposed to do for the other nine?

The problem is, Arya doesn't have much material to work with after the RW.

aSoS: 2 chapters (Although a 3rd chapter of bonding with the hound could be pushed back)

aFfC: 3 chapters

aDwD: 2 chapters

This is not much material to make into 3 seasons. I imagine material from tWoW will be pulled forward, but we will still have to get used to having less Arya after this season.

I think Arya's season 4 could go like this:

4X2: Reveal Arya is alive after hit to head. Arya tries to kill Hound, while he sleeps

4X5: Bonding with the Hound, Arya removes Hound from prayer

4X7: Inn at the Crossroads

4X8: Hound Dies

4X10: Arya gets a boat to Braavos

edit: Sp.

I don't see how we get the Eyrie this season unless the PW is this season, which I seriously doubt. We will however, in addition to what we've already seen, venture to Riverrun (yeah thats tonight), the Twins, Yunkai and probably Pyke.

Based on how I believe S4 will go, I expect we'll see: KL, the Eyrie, Pyke, (possibly sunspear), obviously the wall, they'll stick with winterfell as well, Mereen, and probably Braavos.

We won't see the likes of Storms End till Season 6 at the earliest, but we can expect Oldtown around Season 5.

I simply cannot wait till Martin takes us to Casterly Rock.

As far as Arya's story is concerned, maybe take a moment to note the format of Season 3 so far. A lot of characters (Davos, Dany, and for all we know, Arya) they're visiting every second episode. For those of us who remember how many chapters Arya has in the following two books, we have to expect that visits to her won't be as frequent as they have been in past seasons. But I don't think they'll have much trouble with her in S4, as long as we assume that S3 ends with her and Sandor arriving at the RW. Anyway, they'll probably flesh out her story a bit by having some Arya/Sandor eye to eye moments.

I figured something like this for S4 Arya:

1 - Travelling to Eyrie with the Hound

2- Absent

3 - Bonding with Hound, can't kill him in his sleep, removal from prayer

4 - Absent

5 - Crossroads Inn, stabbity-stab-stab with Needle

6 - Sandor's "death"

7 - Absent

8 - Giving the iron coin to the sailor

9 - On the boat to Braavos, arrival

10 - Entrance to the HoB&W, meeting the Kindly Man

So hopefully we get Braavos in the titles of episode 9&10 next season.

I figured something like this for S4 Arya:

1 - Travelling to Eyrie with the Hound

2- Absent

3 - Bonding with Hound, can't kill him in his sleep, removal from prayer

4 - Absent

5 - Crossroads Inn, stabbity-stab-stab with Needle

6 - Sandor's "death"

7 - Absent

8 - Giving the iron coin to the sailor

9 - On the boat to Braavos, arrival

10 - Entrance to the HoB&W, meeting the Kindly Man

I like it. :thumbsup:

The writers will have to stretch their imagination to keep Arya active in season 4. I suspect they may even arrange for her to cross paths with Sansa and Littlefinger heading north.

I doubt Yunkai will appear in the credits sequence since no action actually takes place in the city. "Astapor" will remain the map-location for Dany's adventures for the whole season.

Archived