GoT-survey

friskorama

I've filled it out. FYI, some of the questions are a bit unclear. Like, if I'm at University but not completed, would I select Secondary or Primary Education? (That question is also pretty confusing to international people - here in the UK for example we refer to "elementary school" as "primary education" and "high school" as "secondary education"). And some other stuff is really subjective, the answers you'll get will depend to much on the participants own interpretation, you need to define things more clearly. (Sorry, it's just I've done quite a bit of this kind of stuff at Uni, the science of surveys and suchlike, critiquing has become a reflex action :P)

I've filled it, but I'm also confused about the consumption questions. I'm assuming you mean how often I read the books and how often I watch the TV series. Well I watch the TV series weekly, which is definitely more often than I read the books. But I've read the books more times than the average number of times I read most books. So do I give a higher consumption score than I do for the show or not? Its difficult to answer those questions because there's no baseline to judge 'normal' consumption by, and the modes of consumption of TV and books are different.

Similarly, your results will be biased by the timeframe that you are doing this survey. I've answered that I spend a lot of time in this and other GoT forums, but it really is because the show is running now. When the show ends, I'll probably go away and only visit much more rarely. However if you take the question as a measure of how important GoT is to a person's life, you'll probably go away with a much more biased answer set, just because you're asking these questions in the middle of the season run.

Archived