How has the forum changed your opinion of the characters?

Chaircat Meow

SanSan fans are shippers of Sansa and Sandor.

I didn't know what a Stan was until WK told me. I've seen Sansa fans be called SanStans, Sansa Fans, and Sansa Apologists. The latter, of course, usually comes from someone who is not a fan of her character. First time I saw the word "SanStan", thought it was a new term for shipping Sansa and Stannis.

Dunno of other characters with names for their fans. I've got some in my head but they aren't very polite.

I see. I probably got confused at some point since I am a big fan of both Stannis and Sansa. Keeping all the names straight can be hard.

Oh eadie, dont be silly. My feelings on pink butterballs will never change. Im cool with the blue ones though, but the pink ones really take the biscuit.

FFS. You're really showing your true colors here, if you'll pardon the unfortunate phrasing. You're colorist against pink butterballs?

And I like the term Sansanista for Sansa fans, by the way.

Overall, I think you would enjoy the books more if you don't align with ANY character overmuch.

For one thing, knowing GRRM, they might get killed and you'd feel crushed.

For another thing, it dulls your ability to analyze things to judge one person by a different standard to everyone else.

It's never a good idea to jump to a conclusion then to shape your perception of every fact to conform to that conclusion.

Just sayin'

"Most people think they are thinking, when really they are just rearranging their prejudices"

~ Bertrand Russell

they are bullies, it is known

also obnoxious children

I used to think they're funny now I think... slightly less than nothing ; I know who they are so I avoid reading what they write.

In fact I mostly see this:

"Stannis' farts smell like rainbows and unicorns"

If you want StanStan free threads, I recommend Heresy or rereading Arya/Sansa and Jon

Overall, I think you would enjoy the books more if you don't align with ANY character overmuch.

For one thing, knowing GRRM, they might get killed and you'd feel crushed.

For another thing, it dulls your ability to analyze things to judge one person by a different standard to everyone else.

It's never a good idea to jump to a conclusion then to shape your perception of every fact to conform to that conclusion.

Just sayin'

"Most people think they are thinking, when really they are just rearranging their prejudices"

~ Bertrand Russell

I will immediately only like characters who are immortal, therefore I will never feel crushed. Stannis is Azor Ahai reborn, which technically would be a type of immortality if the cycle continues.

they are bullies, it is known

also obnoxious children

I used to think they're funny now I think... slightly less than nothing ; I know who they are so I avoid reading what they write.

In fact I mostly see this:

"Stannis' farts smell like rainbows and unicorns"

If you want StanStan free threads, I recommend Heresy or rereading Arya/Sansa and Jon

THIS. I feel so freaking bullied every time I see the word "brah". Like I don't even know what to do with myself. Why must you Stan stan bullies insist on imprisoning me in such devious ways? The oppression of the brahhood is a real thing I say. A real thing. Just like Dany being fireproof.

True. I'm not saying they have broken any rules. Like I said, I did find them funny, before I saw some very condescending behavior. I can't really get on that train.

As far as trolls and troll threads are concerned, I'm getting the sense people actually like them ;)

Now hear me out, it seems every time a new troll thread is budding people really do come together to make fun of it and enjoy it, together, as a community, it's endearing :grouphug:

ETA: @Taggannaro: I'm not impressed.

In fairness to the "brahs," they really don't "Stannis up" serious threads, or at least not the ones I've been in. I think the Stannising up of topics initially started as a means to divert clearly trollish or incendiary threads.

Yeah. It seems like whenever a thread is destined to end in a trainwreck the StanStans are there to drive that train into a brick wall before too many innocent passengers can hop aboard.

It does get a bit minority report at times though. Sometimes if left to it's own devices a thread can go off the rails and still end up somewhere interesting, but that's only if it's not diverted to Stan Central Station first.

THIS. I feel so freaking bullied every time I see the word "brah". Like I don't even know what to do with myself. Why must you Stan stan bullies insist on imprisoning me in such devious ways? The oppression of the brahhood is a real thing I say. A real thing. Just like Dany being fireproof.

LOL brah, color me impressed.

As far as trolls and troll threads are concerned, I'm getting the sense people actually like them ;)

Now hear me out, it seems every time a new troll thread is budding people really do come together to make fun of it and enjoy it, together, as a community, it's endearing :grouphug:

Actually, I hate troll threads. However, I'm categorically unable to stay out of any thread with Lord Pissant in the title, so those draw me in anyway despite the fact I know half of those are just bait. (I have a problem, I know).

The, uh, "community-building" threads weren't so much troll threads as they were either really creatively purposely misread text bits (Nedbert), or kind of personal threads-- Boardology, Confessions (these have a permanent moratorium, though), Forum Personalities v Book Counterparts, etc

Archived