ConQuesT 44 in Kansas City

Theres was a line of Tyrion dialogue in 3.07 that sounded like a nod to readers I was going to ask about it but i couldn't remember the exact quote. I was going to ask with the show making changes does he make it a point to include some things in his eps.

I will be! I was in a C'thulu 2012 navy t shirt with a buzzed haircut in the 3rd row on the left side. I wanted so badly to ask a question but I couldn't think of how to word it until like 5 minutes before the Q&A ended....frustrating!

I really enjoyed today's event! My boyfriend has not read the books but really enjoys George as a speaker/person/sportsfan and the Twilight Zone stuff. We were in the elevator with him afterwards and I wanted to talk to him so bad, but a guy was talking his ear off. Plus, my boyfriend asked that I not be a weirdo. He would have really enjoyed talking sports with him. He writes NFL articles and loves meeting people with a passion for creativity and sports. We also wanted to ask hin to go use a friends suite at the Royals game for the remainder of the game. Maybe next time.

The weirdest question was when a guy asked if George rock climbs. It cracked me up.

He did discuss the differences between show and book Shae and how much worse her fate will be on screen since she's more of a character. He said he likes tv Shae. Also, Red Wedding is next week and he's prepared for the internet meltdown but says people should expect things from him by now.

Hopefully someone told him to bring his TWoW writing material to that deserted island he'll be going to :P

Dangerous Women is a short story collection that was supposed to include the next Dunk and Egg story. Some time ago now GRRM announced that the D&E short story was not going to be in this anthology, and instead we would get a piece called "the Princess and the Queen", which is a potted history of the Dance of Dragons.

Sounds like some changes from the prior reading: no naval battle near Gulltown now and no military invasion of Dorne - Rhaenys just goes there by herself. Either that or the transcriber didn't do a very good job of it.

Sounds like not too much news apart from She-Wolves now 100% coming after TWoW. That's a shame. The collected volume is going to fairly thin without it. Also surprised that no-one asked about progress on Winds. At Eastercon last year it was all anyone wanted to ask him.

Archived