Edric Dayne Theories?

King of Winters

Now the search isn't working right now so I can't search right now about theories on Edric, but what are the theories about Edric's role in TWOW or in the future.

I don't think GRRM would introduce us to The Lord of Starfall and not show us him again. What do you think going to happen to him? I think he's going to be important in someway because he's the only Dayne of Starfall we've met and he is Lord of the most interesting house in Westeros in my opinion.

I think he'll have some importance in the story lines of the sword Dawn and maybe Darkstar as well.

He's the leader of a side-branch of the BWB, who seperated when they didn't like UnCat's mindless killing of anybody even remotley associated with freys or lannisters.

Its a bit far-fetched, but maybe if his merry band of outlaws does some especially heroic deeds (like say, liberating Kings Landing or Riverrun) he will become The Sword Of The Morning

It would be awesome if edric became the sword of morning!and even if that doesnt happen, he states that he shared a wet nurse with jon snow so maybe he is another link to finding out jons mother?

He's the leader of a side-branch of the BWB, who seperated when they didn't like UnCat's mindless killing of anybody even remotley associated with freys or lannisters.

Its a bit far-fetched, but maybe if his merry band of outlaws does some especially heroic deeds (like say, liberating Kings Landing or Riverrun) he will become The Sword Of The Morning

I want Edric to be The Sword of the Moring but I think, with the time he's had to train, he wouldn't be worthy enough yet to wield Dawn.

I want Edric to be The Sword of the Moring but I think, with the time he's had to train, he wouldn't be worthy enough yet to wield Dawn.

Hes the same age as Jon Snow though and Jon is already Lord Commander of The Nights Watch. He is young but i dont think it is entirely unpossble.

Hes the same age as Jon Snow though and Jon is already Lord Commander of The Nights Watch. He is young but i dont think it is entirely unpossble.

Unless he's been training since he left the BwB and proved he's worthy enough to wield Dawn I don't think he'll wield Dawn if he can't prove to whoever chooses The Sword of the Morning that he is ready for it. But you never know.

Actually, I thought it was closer to four. Is he not 12 when Arya's around 11?

Yeah, he was 12 when he was with Arya, he is probably 13 now. So yeah closer to 4 years younger than Jon.

He is much younger than Jon, by the time of SOS, he is 12, and Jon is 16. That`s 4 years difference.

His importance? Well, I believe Martin introduced us to give us just a glimpse of how important Daynes are. His story to Arya, answered to no question, but raised millions of them.He is just like Darkstar, you now nothing too specific about him, and yet you are more than intruiged by them. Who of us hasn`t thought of `most dangerous man in all Dorne`? Edric is just a piece of the puzzle called Daynes, and I hope we`ll soon learn his importance.

There's an important point about the Edric Dayne- Jon Snow relationship that I think bears mentioning. It may be significant or it may not, but in the name of accurate reading of the text...

Edric states that Wylla was his wet nurse. He thinks that she is Jon Snow's mother, therefore he assumes they are milk brothers. It is nowhere else stated that Wylla was Jon's wet nurse-- that whole assumption arises from Edric's statements in ASoS, ch 43. It could mean nothing, but it's also possible that the entire "relationship" is built upon a logical fallacy that gives GRRM a significant amount of wiggle room.

It would be awesome if edric became the sword of morning! and even if that doesnt happen, he states that he shared a wet nurse with jon snow so maybe he is another link to finding out jons mother?

I think everything got twisted when the five year gap didn`t happened. Following it Edryc would reach 18 years old, and with wnough training time to be a great swordmen.

Does dorne think he is dead? The boy lord of starfall is going to be a well know in name in dorne and maybe the reach and oldtown, because it is so centrally located and such a famous house. Is he presumed dead because of all the rumors surrounding Beric? I think he made for starfall with some men to protect him after Beric finally died. Darkstar has probably been scheming for ways to become The Lord of starfall or sword of the morning, because if Ned was actually dead he could have a pretty good claim as a dayne male and a renowned knight.

Does dorne think he is dead? The boy lord of starfall is going to be a well know in name in dorne and maybe the reach and oldtown, because it is so centrally located and such a famous house. Is he presumed dead because of all the rumors surrounding Beric? I think he made for starfall with some men to protect him after Beric finally died. Darkstar has probably been scheming for ways to become The Lord of starfall or sword of the morning, because if Ned was actually dead he could have a pretty good claim as a dayne male and a renowned knight.

No, after Edric, Allyria would inherit Starfall, Gerold has no claim over it. And he has problems of his own to handle, like Obara and Kingsguard.

Archived