The death of Daenerys Targaryen.

AchillesReborn

I don't think Dany will die, she will probably return to Essos in the end, read the last chapter of Dany in aDwD carefully, you might catch it.

You have me intrigued. Its been awhile since I read it. What are you referring to?

If I was afraid of spoilers I wouldn't be on here, but either way I feel that the dragons will betray her, she puts too much trust in the loyalty of a animal. Just look at siegfried and roy.

I wasn't aware he was the mother of tigers.

thats a joke.

If you havent finished ADwD, keep reading, and sorry I never knew that you werent done.

I wasn't aware he was the mother of tigers.

thats a joke.

If you havent finished ADwD, keep reading, and sorry I never knew that you werent done.

Refer to the quote in my opening post, even if it was from the show, it is now part of the franchise.

BTW I responded before you edited your post.

Refer to the quote in my opening post, even if it was from the show, it is now part of the franchise.

The poster who pointed that out did so because you used a Show quote from Jorah as evidence to your theory, the show and books are seperate discussions because many different things happen.

You will have a tough time convincing anyone they are one and the same.

You have me intrigued. Its been awhile since I read it. What are you referring to?

well if i post it here it i will spoil it for TheRalAchilles, I have a thread in tWoW forum, where i might have mentioned it, you also have to take in mind all the regrets Dany has had to her decisions and choices.

If I was afraid of spoilers I wouldn't be on here, but either way I feel that the dragons will betray her, she puts too much trust in the loyalty of a animal. Just look at siegfried and roy.

Sorry didn't know if you might have stumbled in, that happens a lot. But I don't think she puts any more trust in them than the Starks do with the direwolves.

A wolf is a little bit less dangerous than a dragon. And wolves are dogs, dogs are very loyal. Also the Starks are Wargs, so they have a special connection with animals.

well if i post it here it i will spoil it for TheRalAchilles, I have a thread in tWoW forum, where i might have mentioned it, you also have to take in mind all the regrets Dany has had to her decisions and choices.

Spoil away, don't withhold any esoteric knowledge on my account.

A wolf is a little bit less dangerous than a dragon. And wolves are dogs, dogs are very loyal. Also the Starks are Wargs, so they have a special connection with animals.

Spoil away, don't withhold any esoteric knowledge on my account.

And Dany is the Mother of Dragons.

You are right about the starks and their bonds with their direwolves and their warging abilities, that doesn't mean Dany is not the mother of Dragons, the Dragons sense her when she is near, her bond with the dragons is not the same as the starks with the wolves becasue they are two very different things, Dany hasn't yet learned Dragon lore nor does she have enough knowledge about the dragons. The Dragons do respond to her and there is a connection between them.

Something 400 years of the greatest Targs could never do.

Well considering the key was self sacrifice, and the Targs arn't really the type, it makes sense.

I think she has been sacrificing herself for a long time(Nissa Nissa).

You are right about the starks and their bonds with their direwolves and their warging abilities, that doesn't mean Dany is not the mother of Dragons, the Dragons sense her when she is near, her bond with the dragons is not the same as the starks with the wolves becasue they are two very different things, Dany hasn't yet learned Dragon lore nor does she have enough knowledge about the dragons. The Dragons do respond to her and there is a connection between them.

I came up with a theory that she is Nissa Nissa, and they are Lightbringer, but people are quit opposed to this idea.

Well considering the key was self sacrifice, and the Targs arn't really the type, it makes sense.

I think she has been sacrificing herself for a long time(Nissa Nissa).

There have been Targ self sacrifices before Dany. Egg sacrificed himself, his son, and his greatest friend.

The Targs had power over the dragons in the past through magic, right? Even though it seems to be assumed that Dany can control them because of her heritage and the fact that she emerged from the fire with the hatchlings, according to GRRM Targs aren't immune to fire and surely dragons don't read the history books. She has raised them from birth and even though they were neglected throughout the time in Meereen she has the confidence and authoritative presence to hold sway over them, at least right now. In ADWD after managing to ride Drogon, she was kind of at his mercy afterwords. Although she left his lair of her own volition, she had zero control of him during her time there. Her last chapter may hold some answers, because Drogon is at her side. Yet unless something definite arrives to solidify her control over the dragons, I think it is likely she will die because of them.

Also, if Dany dies during childbirth, unless that child is the end all be all of this series, then that would fucking suck.

Don't like the idea of Dany dying in childbirth what a crummy and anti-climatic way for a major character to die. I actually like the idea of her going back to Essos to rule an empire there, continuing to crush the slave trade and bring justice and abdicating the Iron Throne (which I think is overrated, but hey).

At first I wasn't really convinced by Dany, but it seems that she is a proper Targ in that she is a conqueror and she is strong and decisive. I think what happened in the pit and afterwards is quite significant and that her relationship with the dragons, particularly Drogon will develop and improve. I'd be surprised if they turned on her.

She is learning all the time. As are the Dragons. They won't turn on her.

You know it's funny as I read your post I caught your av out of the corner of my eye and I could swear I heard him say that. :cool4:

Archived