[Book Spoilers] So The Boy Won....

Randyll Tarly

Simply for the sake of contrast, I'd guess. The traditional red and pink probably wouldn't stand out as much in the background, making it harder for tv show watchers to get the hint.

But why for the love of the seven did they go with blue, the same blue of the Tullys? I wasn't the only one who confused it with Tully colors at first glance. Now if they had gone with say bright yellow, then I would've just lol'd and shrugged.

But why for the love of the seven did they go with blue, the same blue of the Tullys? I wasn't the only one who confused it with Tully colors at first glance. Now if they had gone with say bright yellow, then I would've just lol'd and shrugged.

Black for the background color could've worked. Nice contrast and with the pink, no confusion.

I think part of the reason they messed with the colors is how silly they look. I remember reading the books, and I believe it was Ramsay described wearing the Bolton colors, and all I could picture was a giant pink dildo standing there next to fake-Arya, though that is rather apt description of Ramsay's character...

LOL @ giant pink dildo. But picturing Roose and Ramsy owning others with their pink capes billowing behind them was part of their awesomeness. Can you imagine the outcome for anyone making fun of them for wearing pink?? Plus pink tied in thematically w/ their sigil.

YESS there are unsullied who have figured it out!

http://www.avclub.co...-newbies,96930/

this brings a smile to my heart.

Sorry to rain on your parade but I believe the odds of people invested enough in posting there actually looking up information is pretty high. That said, it's not impossible for someone to figure it out just by watching the show.

i find it odd that theon failed to guess where he was being held, really. growing up in the north, he should not only know how the bolton sigil looks, but he should also have heard rumors about their tradition of flaying people (since ned had to outlaw it).

Now he is tied to an x-shaped cross, having his finger flayed. he should be able to put 2 and 2 togheter even in such a stressful situation,

In the spirit of Ramsay's game, I challenge my non-reader friends and family to guess which family "the Boy" is from based on cues in this episode (and flay them if they still haven't worked it out ;) ).

Oh, nice move! I'm gonna do the same, heh.

I think D&D were deliberately yanking our chains with the Karstark stuff, and kudos to them for that.

Yeah, I was like wth?! when he said he was a Karstark, until I realized it was part of his game.

Archived