[Book Spoilers] So The Boy Won....

Randyll Tarly

I think it would be really cool if Ramsay would actually be present at the RW and take part in Robb's death.. That would be really cool in establishing major hate for his character. I mean he wasn't there in the books but it could be very open for interpretation. As much as i LOVE Robb ( sobb :crying: ) that would be an interesting take on it... And then truly all the 'hype' and hush hush about boy would pay off big time...

I think it would be really cool if Ramsay would actually be present at the RW and take part in Robb's death.. That would be really cool in establishing major hate for his character. I mean he wasn't there in the books but it could be very open for interpretation. As much as i LOVE Robb ( sobb :crying: ) that would be an interesting take on it... And then truly all the 'hype' and hush hush about boy would pay off big time...

He'd need to borrow Littlefinger's Lamborghini to get there in time

I LOVED the horn-blowing. That definitely confirms that it was him who was the "Horn Blowing Cunt" from season 2. That scene definitely establishes that this "boy" is Ramsay indeed and Iwan Rheon does SUCH a good job at playing this bas Bolton. I thought they made some stupid character change when he said that Theon won, but I laughed with glee when he said that he was a liar. I can't wait to see what happens when someone calls him the thing he doesn't want to be called.

I am so thrilled Iwan is in this, it's crazy awesome seeing him play a villain after seeing him play a hero for so long. He does it well :D

YTDN wrote:

The problem with moving Theon's ADWD story ahead is it has to sync up with Jon Snow and Stannis' stories. Stannis won't be at the Wall until the end of next season, and Davos can't go off to visit Manderly until then. fArya's wedding can't happen without Manderly present (or at least, if the specualtion about the Battle of Ice is true, Manderly has to be at Winterfell for it). So Theon's story can't be brought ahead too much, or we'll just have him spinning wheels later on in his storyline.

I'm sure Ramsay would happily torture Theon for weeks (or months, or YEARS if necessary). Not that I want to see so much of it onscreen . . . it would eventually degenerate (no pun intended) into "Meanwhile, back at the ranch . . . . "

I think the death of Ros will prove to be anything but useless. Apart from reminding the audience how bat shit psycho Joffery is, that Cersei can't control him and LF will do anything on his rise to power, I think it will also lead to Tywin reining him in ("Perhaps you should stop him doing what he likes...". "I will"...) and will be used by Tyrion as a cover to further protect Shae now that people think his whore lover is dead. This will also lead to a motive in Tyrion's trial for the events of the PW.

It also leads to Tywin's confiscation of Joff's crossbow, which ends up being rather unfortunately located in the chambers of the Hand. (unfortunate for Tywin, at least...)

I think the death of Ros will prove to be anything but useless. Apart from reminding the audience how bat shit psycho Joffery is, that Cersei can't control him and LF will do anything on his rise to power, I think it will also lead to Tywin reining him in ("Perhaps you should stop him doing what he likes...". "I will"...) and will be used by Tyrion as a cover to further protect Shae now that people think his whore lover is dead. This will also lead to a motive in Tyrion's trial for the events of the PW.

Damn I totally forgot about this. I didn't even think of the repercussions to people thinking that Tyrion's lover was killed meaning that it effercts Tywin, Cersei, and Shae. I wonder if they will have Tyrion play up some kind of outrage about this to throw people off the scent (i.e. the knife slamming into the table making Joffrey turn around scene we see in the previews)

Question is when will Ramsay be revealed? I ask that because in the books Roose gives the skin of one of Theon's fingers to Cat and Robb before the RW.

I doubt Roose will give any skin to showRobb, he already told Robb that Theon escaped before his bastard arrived IIRC.

Did they mess with the Bolton colors tho? Aren't they red and pink but the show has a blue background behind the flayed man? I hope I saw that wrong. Minor point I know but dammnit I loved that the Boltons rocked the pink capes.

I think they wanted to give them a more fierce looking banner considering they have a picture of a dude who had his skin peeled off on it. That on a pink banner would look pretty strange, especially with the mood element of scenes. I actually really like the black banner with the red flayed man on it. Looks really sinister and powerful.

They are doing a great job with this storyline so far.

Everything up to this episode was showing the Boltons to be remorseless masters of subterfuge willing to do anything to achieve their goals. Before this episode the torture and then fake escape was setting up a situation where Theon trusted a person he SHOULD NOT of trusted, a ruthless but functional spy game. Of course unsullied viewers haven't fully made this connection and I bet the full reveal of Ramsey wont be until the RW itself.

This episode shows the darker side of Ramsey (and Roose who knows these things about his son yet empowers him and names him his heir) where he has taken all he needs from Theon, and then he proceeds to take more to amuse himself. Theon has outlived his usefulness and if the Boltons were really dastardly efficient they would bury him in an unmarked grave an be done with it ...BUT Ramsey is a sick sonofagun and he and House Bolton are starting to become THE villians for the upcoming seasons of the show just like they are in the books.

If they continue to show lots of Theon torture then maybe D + D are trying to make something for shock value, but up to now they are showing the Bolton's ruthless spycraft and then also their sadism, all following the books very close just not leaving Theon a mystery for 3 or 4 seasons that then need a bunch of flashbacks or narratives to show what happened during the gap.

Archived