Little Questions That Don't Fit Anywhere Else

iheartseverus

How sure are we that the royal wedding is happening in episode two? I was going to have some Unsullied friends over for dinner and the premiere, but if the royal wedding is definitely in episode two, I'll have them over then instead, because reactions.

Could I recommed you serve pigeon pie? :D

Pretty sure. There's a leaked call sheet showing six scenes from the wedding were being shot one day for episode two. I doubt they would stretch the wedding across two episodes.

Thank you!

Could I recommed you serve pigeon pie? :D

Har! I did a King's Landing theme last season. This year will be Night's Watch fare: pork pie, corn, salad, applecakes, and mulled wine. :D

I don't remember that has it been told in the books, but in Game of Thrones why does Tyrion accompany King Robert on the trip to Winterfell in the first place? I mean, for Cersei and Jaime it makes sense, one is his wife and the other is his bodyguard, but why Tyrion? He just wants to see Winterfell and the Wall because he haven't seen it before, or does he have a another reason?

Well, you don't see it often since in the course of the books because they're not together often, but Jamie and Tyrion are actually very close. Jamie even corners Ned, the Hand of the King, and orders his men killed after Kat dwarf-naps his brother. Their relationship is best illustrated in his escape from the black Cells and their conversation. Jamie shows him his stump and to just about anyone else he would have made a quip but to Jamie he seems genuinely sympathetic. I think that's why when Jamie confesses to him about Tysha(?) he basically goes over the edge and loses his grip well through book 5. The betrayal from one the person he really had a kinship to was probably too much.

They definitely arent released yet because on his "Not A Blog" Martin was tslking.about his early screening of Season 4 Episode 1 that he will do a week before the HBO premiere but he couldnt mention.the episode name

Thanks! Anybody remember when they were released for previous seasons?

Another related question to this. What exactly was Tyrion doing prior to Robert's visit to Winterfell? Was he in King's Landing or Casterly Rock? Did he have an official title at that time or a place in court? I know that Tywin had him doing odd little jobs in Casterly Rock for a while but I never got what exactly his deal was before going on his adventure in the North/Vale and then coming back to King's Landing as Hand.

From what I've gathered, he was just drinking and whoring at court in King's Landing.

Is Janos Slynt returning this season?

It's so long ago , but I seem to remember when Owen Teale was confirmed, its then or not long after that Dominic Carter was confirmed , tho we have not seen him in any clips, but that means nothing.

Can anyone explain to me what happened to the Greatjon on the show after season one? Did the actor get sick like Illyn Payne or did they for some un fathomable reason decide less Greatjon was a good idea?

The story goes , this has nothing to do with his ear, that Clive Mantle was not back season 2 because of a conflict with another TV series he did , it had only one season. He could have been back for season 3. We have never found out if it was artistic differences or blacklisting.

Unlike Conan Stevens he seems to never have talked or written about it.

(The whole Stevens story is still confusing to me, he apparently was available for seasons 3 and 4, and did want back, I still think he was blacklisted (so to speak) for not being available season 2 and doing the Hobbit work.)

It's pretty tricky for Maisie, and I bet the horse gets quite cranky after a long day of shooting, but I guess they had to do it like that in order to have Arya and Sandor be able to have their little talks. It would be pretty awkward to keep up a conversation if Arya was sitting behind him, and since they have a saddle that would be quite difficult as well.

In the book Arya gets her own horse, she could just as well ride side by side with Sandor while talking to him.

I think this was more D&D's horse-o-phobia.

The problem with horse gets talked about all the time, if Deadwood can have them all over the place, one would suppose in the UK there are trained horse for film and TV... maybe not in Ireland?

(O, we do see Arya riding alone in the previews, is that Sandor's horse?)

Archived