Super Duper SoCal BWB

Guest Pah Muadd'H

Okay. You know your situation better than I do.

But I still would think that a day trip would be possible (WorldCon does sell day passes). And I'm guessing that your husband couldn't mind too much 'going to a party and hanging out and drinking beer' while you meet the geeks.

And one of the nights we won't even be at the Con - we'll be at an offsite party. Monitor the thread!

Yeah a day trip is the most likely scenario. I definitely will be keeping an eye on the threads, as I do want to come. And actually the reason I said the hubby wouldn't enjoy it is cause he's more of an introvert than I am. Hanging at a party and drinking beer is probably his least favorite activity! I will probably end up making a somewhat last minute decision and play it by ear. Now I just need to start posting more so I'm not "lurker #34" at the con :)

Bronn, get the hell out of the SoCal thread, and leave our members alone.

Katie, I urge you to ignore the savage. He forgets where he lives from time to time and forgot that SoCal has put a lifetime ban on him.

Anyhow, welcome aboard, and we hope to see you soon. Katie that is...not you Bronn.

:P

YW

That's okay. We gave them your credit card number and charged all the food to you. Hope you don't mind. :)

Aghrivaine, Iseult and Monboddo joined me. It was a nice meal in a nice place.

Iseult is the suck at giving directions though. But she brought me cookies so I forgive her.

(and yes Izzy, I do now see that the directions here were correct. Just not the ones in chat)

Iseult is the suck at giving directions though. But she brought me cookies so I forgive her.

Snickerdoodles are even better than Hail Mary's -- all sins forgiven!

Sorry if I was less than perky last night folks - I keep waking up at 4:30AM and not being able to go back to sleep.

By 8pm, I'm totally wiped out. Plus that, and the War on Christmas has been wearying - so many public places to scour of any non-secular holiday decorations!

So. Here's the short version of what just happened:

My dad and cousin showed up yesterday and my bitch of a sister in law doesn't have room for them at her dinner table tomorrow night. My heart is broken. :P

So I think I should have a Christmas Eve party here. Anyone uncommited and willing to schlep to Pasadena?

Archived