[BOOK SPOILERS] Discussing Sansa II

Mladen

For pete's sake, she also knelt in the books, when the time of the kiss arrived (she felt ashamed about her defiance, even). The overreaction over this is patently ridiculous. It's still the same Sansa; she still defies Tyrion by telling him she doubts he knows how she feels, she still tells him she will never want him. She kneels because, after the stool was taken away, it would have been straight up mean of her not to do so, regardless of Tyrion's so-called white-washing.

As I wrote in the Sansa and Tyrion thread, Sansa noticed that Joffrey took the footstool away, yet didn't kneel of her own volition. When Tyrion actually politiely asked her, she did. Not so terribly different from the books IMO.

Sansa did show grace and strength in the way she held herself throughout the wedding, unlike Cersei who acted much like at the Blackwater again.

For pete's sake, she also knelt in the books, when the time of the kiss arrived (she felt ashamed about her defiance, even). The overreaction over this is patently ridiculous. It's still the same Sansa; she still defies Tyrion by telling him she doubts he knows how she feels, she still tells him she will never want him. She kneels because, after the stool was taken away, it would have been straight up mean of her not to do so, regardless of Tyrion's so-called white-washing.

It's not the same as showing defiance in a public place in front of everyone she hates and who are holding her prisoner.

It's also not the same to have the wedding sprung on her the day of, instead of having all these people assure her just how GOOD Tyrion is. It's not the same that Sansa has so much interaction with Marg, who turns away from her in the books when she's married Tyrion, instead of encouraging her before... Sansa in the show is treated like a shallow and weak young girl, not the desperate young girl who is slowly becoming stronger every day while surviving in a completely hostile environment.

Her potrayal in the show is first and foremost as someone weak, and that's unfortunate.

The wedding scene is horrible!!! very horrible!! They didn't made Sansa kneel(which showcase her strength and I'm not even a fan) but they couldn't show this because they already show Sansa being a bitch about how she doesn't like Tyrion for being a dwarf.. And the whitewashing of Tyrion is getting into my nerves, he's looking more like a victim and they even had to make Joffrey take the bench so he could be more pitiable.. :angry: I still love the dark grey Tyrion in the books.. It's kinda disappointing because Peter Dinklage is such a good actor that I'm curious about how he would play Tyrion's dark side... this is such a horrible show change...

People hate us red hairs. It's because we have no soul?

I thought most people in general love redheads.. I am very fascinated in red hair. It's the most beautiful hair color for me.. mostly because such beauty is quite exotic to me too, somewhat radiant, elegant, and seductive..

I have a thing for redheads.. Daniel(MrRepzion), Bryce Dallas Howard, Lena Katina, Rose Leslie, and... Faye Reagan :leaving:

It's not the same as showing defiance in a public place in front of everyone she hates and who are holding her prisoner.

It's also not the same to have the wedding sprung on her the day of, instead of having all these people assure her just how GOOD Tyrion is. It's not the same that Sansa has so much interaction with Marg, who turns away from her in the books when she's married Tyrion, instead of encouraging her before... Sansa in the show is treated like a shallow and weak young girl, not the desperate young girl who is slowly becoming stronger every day while surviving in a completely hostile environment.

Her potrayal in the show is first and foremost as someone weak, and that's unfortunate.

:agree:

Archived