[BOOK SPOILERS] Episode 9 Preview

I don't think it'll be a two-hour show. Hell, I'd love it, I'd even love a 90 minute show, or even a full 60 show.

EDIT: As far as Joffery is concerned, I would imagine the Purple Wedding would be Season 4 and around Episode 5, and I would think the big Episode 9 show would be Mountain vs. Red Viper. THAT was another part of SoS that made me go crazy!

Yep - you'd think someone would have leaked that much, but it wouldn't be the first time a network has sprung a surprise double episode, or movie length episode, at the last moment.

In the DVR age I think it would be hard to keep it on the DL - they've got Veep and some other show between GoT and the re-airing at 11 est so I'd expect around 60 minutes or so as what it's showing on my schedule now however the running time hasn't been mentioned just as yet (although the 10th episode is apparently running over an hour again because Daenarys once again doing something that much more elaborate that what happens in the book Yunkaii is of course more important than RW/Queenscrow/Coldhands etc.

What are the chances that Ep9 will be a special 2-hr one following the week off, and that the two weddings and Balon's demise will happen at the same time while Mel is smirking at the flames?

If Joff's wedding is not this season I can't see them filling out another 10 episodes to bring it into the S4 Ep9 climax.

There is very little chance of a 2 hour episode. D&D were happy to give us a few more minutes per episode this season (see the HBO extras). We certainly would have heard about it by now.

As for your other hopes:

• We are definitely getting the RW.
  • Maybe Balon's demise.
  • No way for the PW.
  • And, isn't Mel always smirking at the flames?

As for the S4 EP9 climax, the PW isn't enough for that. I'd wager either the Red Viper or Tyrion's 'farewell' to Tywin is the climax.

As for the S4 EP9 climax, the PW isn't enough for that. I'd wager either the Red Viper or Tyrion's 'farewell' to Tywin is the climax.

Hoping for the s04e09 end as Red Viper vs The Mountain, and of s04e10 as Tyrion vs Tywin. That would have a similar punch to Ned's death + dragons at the end of the first season.

I don't think it'll be a two-hour show. Hell, I'd love it, I'd even love a 90 minute show, or even a full 60 show.

EDIT: As far as Joffery is concerned, I would imagine the Purple Wedding would be Season 4 and around Episode 5, and I would think the big Episode 9 show would be Mountain vs. Red Viper. THAT was another part of SoS that made me go crazy!

Way too late for the PW. Think E1-3, because remember there's only 7 chapters between the two weddings, and not much build up required imo. We just need to introduce the RV really, reveal that Jofffrey assassinated Bran and maybe give him widow's wail.

Tyrion vs Tywin is more likely going to happen in episode 9. I reckon Tyrion will be on a ship in episode 10 so that they can start the DWD saga.

It can't happen before season 5.

Tyrion got married too late this season, I doubt Jaime even arrives to King's Landing by episode 9.

Not to mention, Brienne was supposed to find out about Lady Catelyn before they reached King's Landing. And Edmure's wedding doesn't even happen yet.

Can someone start a leaks/spoilers thread so those of who don't want to see anything can remain oblivious?

All for the idea of being careful and separting spoilers and what not (as somebody who has had things spoiled to them by the internet), but I don't think I'll ever understand anyone who joins a site like this while hoping to remain unspoiled. At this point, if someone has not read all of the books and knows that there are a lot of spoilers to stumble upon they should not participate in online discussions or look to much into the story through the internet. I was spoiled to one of the biggest events of the series by a youtube video comment (not saying it wasn't my fault, actually my point is that it WAS my fault), and if you type in some character names in google often the first search option to pop is "-character name- dies/death". This series is already infamous for book-readers spoiling things for tv-only viewers (not defending that, they suck), and if you want to remain unspoiled I highly recommend not having an account on this site or reading ANY forums at all, no matter how much you may wish to discuss what you know. I'm not saying this in any attempt to be a jerk or to say that it isn't a good idea to separate threads so it's easier to avoid spoilers (spoilers, spoiler free, ect.), I'm saying this because with the way the internet is now huge spoilers will jump out at you from even the least detailed places, and if you're on this site you will eventually be spoiled to something big (unless you extremely over the top cautious and only read info on the "still reading" pages, and even then there are no real guarantees.

Not saying that you are specifically someone who is trying to avoid spoilers and I'm all for the idea of making it easier to separate spoilers in discussion, but I really believe that the best course of action to avoid being spoiled in ASOIAF is to stay clear of any internet page about, to not scroll down on any youtube video about it, and finally that this website is the last place you should be on the entirety of the internet.

Sorry if this was off topic, that's just my opinion on the whole spoiler thing.

Hoping for the s04e09 end as Red Viper vs The Mountain, and of s04e10 as Tyrion vs Tywin. That would have a similar punch to Ned's death + dragons at the end of the first season.

:agree: I'm liking this scenario. Darn we have A YEAR to wait to find out if our predictions are accurate. *sob* :crying:

Can someone start a leaks/spoilers thread so those of who don't want to see anything can remain oblivious?

[snippage]

Sorry if this was off topic, that's just my opinion on the whole spoiler thing.

I agree with mystikherb - sorry TomBadgerlock. There are some threads with NO BOOK SPOILERS in the title. Those would be safer to read. But still glad you're here. :-)

The title of this thread is:

[bOOK SPOILERS] Episode 9 Preview

Archived