[BOOK SPOILERS] Episode 9 Preview

Oh, guys, I've just had an idea !

What if, next episode, Anguy and some other members of the Brotherhood track Arya and the Hound (they are good pisters after all), trying to get Arya back.

And the Hound kills them all (we've seen him fighting in the woods in a trailer), this would be epic !

And then, finally, the scene were Arya threatens him for what he has done to Anguy ! Thus keeping her hatred intact !

Oh, I'm so sure this will happen now !

I feel that if that does happen (though there's no evidence of course) it'll be in S4 where Arya's story needs a fair bit of padding out.

The trailer suggests that the Blackfish will not be at the Red Wedding. Thank god.

Blackfish should get his own POV. I would much rather have read about the Blackfish than Arianne, that Kingsguard guy in Dorne or Quentyn. While I understand those plots are important, the characters aren't necessarily that interesting to read about. On the contrary, reading about the Blackfish eating dinner would be much more interesting IMHO.

If they kill the Blackfish, the fans will kill D&D. I don't think D&D are eager to die, so he'll survive.

so i tried to post a new "predictions" thread, but it looks like they aren't approving it so i'll add my thoughts here.

some speculation:

- if the dreadfort is too far away, then probably ramsay won't be at the RW. though he could, we haven't seen him in a few episodes... what do you guys think about the reveal as him being the one to stab robb (which would really explain the long drawn out reveal, and the stabber was supposed to be a bolton)? ok, long shot i know. probably more likely it will be roose saying "oh yeah, my bastard is holding theon, here's a piece of his finger (gods, i HOPE it's his finger) and btw, ramsay says he confessed to killing bran and rickon." and then this, on top of just having learned about the sansa-tyrion marriage, is what prompts robb to name jon his heir.

because right now, in the show, robb apparently is holding out hope that his brothers are alive. maybe the reason they've been doing that is so that their "deaths" can be confirmed during this episode, for this purpose?

the other effect of this would be that cat would learn that bran and rickon are "dead" right before the RW, so it will be a 1-2-3 punch: learning about sansa, learning about bran and rickon, then seeing robb killed, and will make her insanity even more understandable and horrible, losing all her kids at once. :frown5: i wonder if we will have to see her raking her face off with her nails. i don't think i'm looking forward to that.

- also, i don't think they will violate the unwritten rules of animal violence in film/tv... i don't think we will see grey wind's head on robb's body. we will probably learn about it from tywin or tyrion talking about, just like the books.... cause if they show that, they risk losing a lot of viewers.

sorry if these theories have been gone over ad nauseum already, i haven't read every single page of these threads!

the other effect of this would be that cat would learn that bran and rickon are "dead" right before the RW, so it will be a 1-2-3 punch: learning about sansa, learning about bran and rickon, then seeing robb killed, and will make her insanity even more understandable and horrible, losing all her kids at once. :frown5: i wonder if we will have to see her raking her face off with her nails. i don't think i'm looking forward to that.

Doesn't she already know about Bran and Rickon?

And her raking her face with her fingernails will be even more disturbing than in the book :devil:

Doesn't she already know about Bran and Rickon?

well, they make it unconfirmed. she does seem to pretty much guess it, but all they officially know is that after winterfell burned, they couldn't find the boys. and remember the blackfish says robb believes they escaped.

I really hope they include the scene about the will.

I agree on that !!! And you guys what about Arya and her dreams ?? Killing that Vargo Hoat guy ! I thought that was pretty cool 2 ! imagine seeing that on screen. I think that arya will eventually find her Wolf and the pac she has gathered (but thats a lil off topic I'm sorry)

Blackfish should get his own POV. I would much rather have read about the Blackfish than Arianne, that Kingsguard guy in Dorne or Quentyn. While I understand those plots are important, the characters aren't necessarily that interesting to read about. On the contrary, reading about the Blackfish eating dinner would be much more interesting IMHO.

If they kill the Blackfish, the fans will kill D&D. I don't think D&D are eager to die, so he'll survive.

Quentyn should be one of the more interesting storylines in season 5; it should play out a lot better on screen than it was to read. I really hope they include him in the series.

so it will be a 1-2-3 punch: learning about sansa, learning about bran and rickon, then seeing robb killed, and will make her insanity even more understandable and horrible, losing all her kids at once. :frown5: i wonder if we will have to see her raking her face off with her nails. i don't think i'm looking forward to that.

It is even possible she sees Arya for a brief moment if Arya makes it to the room ! Last moment of hope before the end.

oh god. :crying: :bawl:

Oooh, I really hope this happens even though it'd piss off the purists.

I dont think we will see, Balon Greyjoy and Theon Sister Asha. They havent bin in the whole season, there are rules about that. All caracters need an introduction every season.

Asha is in one of the season 3 trailers so we'll see her.

Your right, normally they introduce the caracters when they bin off screen for a time. But just watched the trailer. thanx pointing out the fact that i was full off Sh*T hahah. It looks like a sort of rituel ( maby a funeral)

I was just about to say I think she'll turn up first at Balon's funeral.

Your right, normally they introduce the caracters when they bin off screen for a time. But just watched the trailer. thanx pointing out the fact that i was full off Sh*T hahah. It looks like a sort of rituel ( maby a funeral)

Hmmm, I wonder whose funeral that might be ...

Quentyn should be one of the more interesting storylines in season 5; it should play out a lot better on screen than it was to read. I really hope they include him in the series.

Yeah, I think many of the storylines in books 4 and 5 will turn out to be much more interesting and engaging and exciting on screen than on page. I believe the showriters have to make them more interesting in order to keep the audience.

Yeah, I really feel Arianne coming at KL with Oberyn is the right move to introduce her and the vengeance story and thematic about the Martells !

In Season 4, Instead of just having the Viper introduced, they could bring Arianne and Marcella to Kings landing as well. This will establish Dorne as a powerful threat to the Lannisters (like the Tyrells), and the Dornish could dangle Marcella in front of Cersei to drive her nuts.

Arianne to King's Landing could be used to build up Cerseis story line.

Book Cersei does practically NOTHING in Storm of swords

Tv Cersei has more substance, screen time and is practically top billed

Book 3 becoming 2 seasons created a lot of problems of what to do with their top actress.

Archived