Has this Asha theory been proposed before?

The second point is even worse than the first. Of course Balon doesn't mind giving her power she is all he has left. He lost his sons because of a Rebellion he started and his youngest son is held captive by the man who defeated him. Balon is so stubborn and proud that he would rather a women run the show than his son raised by a man who defeated him.

The second point is even worse than the first. Of course Balon doesn't mind giving her power she is all he has left. He lost his sons because of a Rebellion he started and his youngest son is held captive by the man who defeated him. Balon is so stubborn and proud that he would rather a women run the show than his son raised by a man who defeated him.

That said, he probably had a small glimmer of hope that Theon would prove unruly and was always being punished for refusing to act in a manner acceptable to Ned but okay to the Ironborn. He'd have been chuffed if Theon's meeting with him and subsequent proposal to invade the Westerlands was the result of a bloody escape, sailing a raft, his own genius and some detours to bed salt wives.

#1 Theon didn't recognize her at all, in fact he comments on how much her face and body have changed.

By that reasoning shouldn't Theon recognize his own brother and thus ask him a: How is he still alive and b: Why is he in drag?

This theory had me crying with laughter- the best/worst theory ever!

Based on Theon's memories of his rotten brothers, imagining that any Ironborn man would be prepared to dress up in drag for...what purpose exactly? is frankly, hilarious. What was Victarion's attitude to the "perfumed boys" again? didn't he clap them in chains and thrown them over the side "they were unnatural creatures and the ship smelled better when cleansed of their presence" Nope- I don't think he was in on it somehow! And that would be tough given their ages when they allegedly died.

"they were unnatural creatures and the ship smelled better when cleansed of their presence"

It was obviously because Asha turned him down in the first place! No wonder he hates others like him.

It was obviously because Asha turned him down in the first place! No wonder he hates others like him.

So you're saying Victarion hit on his nephew because he fancied him looking like a girl? :lmao:

That guy has got serious homo-baggage- he may well be in the closet

But- does that explain why his wife strayed? Was it because she had no junk?

Ok after reading the Qarl scene I must concede it was pretty convincingly against my theory. The only thing I can say is we gotta remember that was from Asha's POV. Not sure how much any of you know about transgender individuals in our word, but perceiving their own bodies differently or at least fantasizing about body parts being different and/or referring to them by different names is completely realistic.

Way to save a thread, can we get a special nomination for best follow up evidence ever?

Archived