What will happen in Jon's first few POVs?

Also, anyone think that Jon having king's blood (son of Prince Rhaegar) is significant in his revival? Someone earlier mentioned "magical" blood due to being part Targ, but I don't think Targaryens were magical. Nevertheless, Melisandre has proven that king's blood has power when it comes to the effectiveness of her magic. Also being of the Stark line, there is king's blood on that side as well.

I don't know if a lot of people have commented on this (surely they have, but not that I've seen) but I am convinced that Jon's blood is the blood of the king that Melisandre needed. For what? Why, to wake stone dragons. Where are the stone dragons? Dragonstone, probably. And who's there right now? Aegon. IMO, Aegon's toast. Literally. Toasted.

As to Jon's next few POV's, there are a few things we know:

1) GRRM said there would be NO NEW POV's from now on. So at the wall we'll have either Jon or Melisandre. That's all. When I can find the article/clip to back that up, I will post it.

2) When a reporter asked GRRM about Jon's death scene, GRRM replied "You think he's dead, do you?" ie. Jon's not dead.

So. Assuming GRRM isn't lying, I'm going to go ahead and assume Jon'll come back. There has been waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much forshadowing of bodies being well-preserved in ice cells for this NOT to happen. Melisandre wouldn't see in her fire that Jon will be needing Ghost if it weren't significant.

Therefore, I think the first POV we'll get is from Mel. The wildlings will go ape and there'll be a massive brawl at the Wall. All hell breaks loose. Mel gets Wun Wun to bring Jon to his room, where Ghost is locked. She tries to do the Beric resurrection thing, and nothing happens. Cliffhanger-y ending to the chapter.

Next POV is Jon's. He's warged into Ghost, and is watching Mel from Ghost's eyes. He sees her try to do something with his own body, nothing's working, so Mel gets Wun Wun to take him to an ice cell. Ghost/Jon goes too.

The next POVs from either Mel or Jon must have something to do with the attempts at resurrection/healing. I think that Jon will be in an ice cell for most of the book. Meanwhile, there will be general chaos at the Wall, and I wouldn't be surprised if the Others finally get there. I also wouldn't be surprised if the horn that Victarion has is the horn of Joramun, and when he blasts it (near the end of the novel, because he tries to take control of Dany's dragons) the Wall comes crumbling down.

I like the idea that his body gets burned, and he survives, because that would be nice confirmation of R+L=J. It might be a nice way to end the book. That, or the Wall coming down.

I have to ask, why do people think Jon will come out of the fire alive? I don't see the point, nor do I see the SOIAF logistics. I believe Tormund will go take Jon's body to Winterfell in instill him as a Stark as well as fight Ramsay as he did threaten everyone. As for resurrection, I see Theon and Mel meeting, and Theon saying he would sacrifice himself to bring Jon back as there is power in king's blood.

I see something like this happening as well. Maybe Bran can touch his mind in a similar way that the TEC touched Bran's mind, and somehow help or enlighten him.

Also, anyone think that Jon having king's blood (son of Prince Rhaegar) is significant in his revival? Someone earlier mentioned "magical" blood due to being part Targ, but I don't think Targaryens were magical. Nevertheless, Melisandre has proven that king's blood has power when it comes to the effectiveness of her magic. Also being of the Stark line, there is king's blood on that side as well.

The Targaryians seemed to be the last ones to bring magic/have magic in Westeros in some fashion. Their dragons are a form of magic I would think and all the Valeryian steel blades are spell forged. Before the Doom took old Valeryia I believe the books said they were well versed in various forms of magic. Also, on another note, when a maester studies magic or the higher mysteries at the Citidel they then forge a link made of Valeryian steel.

Could someone else have entered the fire and hatched three dragons...was it because Dany had Targ blood....since the Targs are the only ones I am aware of that had/have dragons. Could Jorah have hatched the dragons?

Plus there is lots of stuff in the books, and in the Dunc and Egg tales that talk about how some of the Targs have dreams that come ALWAYS come true. All these things combined I would have to think that there is some kind of magic associated with the Targaryens.

The only other people/house that has anything similar and were able to create the castle at Storms End when many others couldn't, and build the Wall, which is stated many times to have magic.....I also would tend to think that the Starks have some sort of "magic" in their blood or at least associated with them, some of them can Warg, maybe all the Starks have the potential (IDK) ..only the ones that have a chance to develop their abilities become Wargs.

...and it seems in years past they were able to, or had the ability or knowledge to put down the Others when they came a walking......much of the knowledge of the Starks history and Targ history seem to be lost, but I tend to think both have some kind of magic for a lack of a better word.

Jon (possibly) having both seems to put him in a unique position. Has there ever been another child from a Targ and a Stark?

"Oh - you think he's dead do you?" could easily be GRRM trolling. He's always looking for ways to surprise us and killing Jon off conclusively would certainly do that. I think a problem with Jon is that so much is placed on his shoulders by the fandom: R+L=J has been discussed so much it's become practical fact.If it's not true, plot armour surrounding Jon is nowhere near as thick.

Jon won't die since Arya isn't around. After watching "The Red Wedding" it hit me like a stroke: Whenever members of House Stark are in grave danger and Arya is around... they die painfully. When Eddard was beheaded Arya was around. When Robb and Cat were killed Arya was around. When Bran was thrown out of the window Arya was around, when woke up from his coma Arya wasn't around. So, due to this logic Jon simply can't die. (Also, Benjen is still alive somewhere.) But once Arya returns to Westeros all bets are off again and Starks gonna start dying in droves...

That's not logic, just speculation. But it is a funny coincidence. Would that mean that Arya symbolises Death? And death of the Starks in particular?

Anyway I don't think Jon has died, but is severely injured and needs time to recuperate. So I don't know about warging Ghost or anything like that. I recently read a quote from Meera Reed that monsters (i.e. Others and wights) cannot pass through the Wall so long as the NW remain true. Killing the LC is, I think, 'not remaining true' 101, so it could be that even the attempt against his life (and his becoming incapacitated and unable to pull the NW back together just yet) may mean that the magical protection of the Wall is over, and Others pass through Castle Black. And that can only be stopped when Jon comes to and is finally able to make the NW whole again and restore the magic.

Jon will be mortally wounded and warg into Ghost. Unfortunately Ghost, who is locked in Jon's room, will get killed by the conspirators, forcing Jon to warg back into his dying body. He takes his last breath never knowing who was his mother and stays dead.

Gutted if true, but I see Jon becoming a TPTWP then a King of some capacity. Ghost will fuck up the NW brothers who turned on Jon.

and if I recall the books also show her handling the eggs in the fire....when she grabbed them she was not burned but her Irri or Jique or one of them was burnt?

Its getting tough the keep the 1st season and 1st book separate in my head...the next two season not so much but

but yes, it does appear there were a few signs of her having a high tolerance for heat/fire (and the fact that she was no longer sore each day and seemed to "toughen up" after her dream where she let dragon fire flood over her)

but while she does seem to like the heat or is able to withstand it (maybe she even heals from fire/burns faster than others IDK) where others could not... I have gone along with opinion of others that Dany is not just out and out 100% fire proof and that in the fire that hatched her eggs she survived more because of magic than her being a Targ...or maybe a combination.

But as it relates to this post...if

1) Jon is the whole J=L+R (I see fewer and fewer people arguing this, but who knows except George and Howland Reed)

2) The Wall is a magical place (no one can possibly dispute this can they?)

3) Jon has Stark blood...so maybe the ice/cold of the Wall + its magic could help him spring right back to life???

4) Say Jon is 1/2 Targ...and again the Wall IS magical

5) Jon's body being burned, him being half Targ and the Wall having magic (magic long ago forgotten)

6) Be it frozen or burned, maybe Jon (AND Ghost) will have some sort of rebirth/recovery...and not die?

7) Or maybe he isn't dead as many have suggested...but either him "recovering" from what people thought was death (maybe he Wargs into Ghost and his body seems dead to the NW or his friends and or Mel help sell the fact he is dead when he REALLY isn't OR he does come back to life---I am hoping this is a loop whole for him with the NW vows and he is either free to become the Lord of Winterfell per Stannis or the King of the North (per Robb's will???) or move on to bigger and better things....or he takes he NW vows anew.

I would like to see Jon be a rallying point as Lord or Winterfell or King of the North and make a clean sweep of the fucktard Freys and Boltons....something his "death" would allow him to do while keeping his honor with regards to the NW. (but also f*ck the NW, the ungrateful little shits stabbed in the back. (one of them couldn't quietly take him aside and say "Hey Jon, I mean Lord Commander, I know you have lost a lot and it sucks and all but remember the whole we don't interfere stuff and all?"

But no, they just all start stabbing him...stupid shits.

I'm getting out of the AA debate and who it is or if there is a literal one....

Can't argue with this.

Stupid shits!!

Love this thoery

Anybody who thinks Jon is dead and gone from the books as a POV character is kidding themselves. His assassination attempt was written as a cliffhanger in ADWD not as an end to his story. All that remains is to see A.) HOW Jon comes back, and B.) what story purpose the whole affair intends to serve. IMO, this wasn't done to simply pass the time, it was done to change the status quo.

Martin's books are all about ending with a status quo change that puts the pieces on his little chessboard in a different place for the next book so they aren't repeating the same thing as the book before: Arya goes to Bravos. Tyrion is Hand and then not Hand, then leaves Westeros. Jon is at the Wall, then ranges in the north, then is undercover with the wildlings, then he's the LC.

This attempt is a tool to get Jon to where he needs to be next. I can't read Martin's mind so I can't say. Is it to get Jon out of his NW oath so he can be involved in the plot further south? Is the Wall coming down anyway when the Horn is blown, ending his and everyone else's watch?

It seems to me that if there are only two books left, then shit has to start happening pretty quickly and people are going to get moved around and their stories are going to start converging for the final book. I think Jon's time at the Wall is done and this is all to move him along in time for Dany's arrival in Westeros with Tyrion and her entourage. They can bring him back by fire or ice, or one of Mel's cute spells or even with Theon's king's blood, but he will be resurrected and go south. With honor intact.

I have to ask, why do people think Jon will come out of the fire alive? I don't see the point, nor do I see the SOIAF logistics.

I don't believe in this theory that Jon will come out of the fire alive ala Daenerys. That one time magical event is a one time only, GRRM said so. If that thing happens again, then some will use it as another proof that Targaryens are immune to fire.

"Oh - you think he's dead do you?" could easily be GRRM trolling. He's always looking for ways to surprise us and killing Jon off conclusively would certainly do that. I think a problem with Jon is that so much is placed on his shoulders by the fandom: R+L=J has been discussed so much it's become practical fact.If it's not true, plot armour surrounding Jon is nowhere near as thick.

Many Jon Snow fans believe he is the hero, he will become a king, and he is the song of ice and fire. But after reading GRRMs interview why he killed Ned and Robb, I should start predicting that he might do the opposite.

GEORGE R.R. MARTIN: I knew it almost from the beginning. Not the first day, but very soon. I’ve said in many interviews that I like my fiction to be unpredictable. I like there to be considerable suspense. I killed Ned in the first book and it shocked a lot of people. I killed Ned because everybody thinks he’s the hero and that, sure, he’s going to get into trouble, but then he’ll somehow get out of it. The next predictable thing is to think his eldest son is going to rise up and avenge his father. And everybody is going to expect that. So immediately [killing Robb] became the next thing I had to do.

Many Jon Snow fans believe he is the hero, he will become a king, and he is the song of ice and fire. But after reading GRRMs interview why he killed Ned and Robb, I should start predicting that he might do the opposite.

The problem is, the act of killing logical heroes in succession in order to defy convention itself might become repetitive within the series. I doubt that GRRM will work his way through every possible "hero potential" character to end up with Hot Pie presiding over a pile of bodies sitting on the Iron Throne with Lightbringer across his knees. In retrospect Ned and Robb's character arcs were complete at the time they were killed off. But that just doesn't seem to be the case with Jon. It just feels unfinished.

But UnCat was dead, really dead. Jon may still be alive. And he might still not get a POV, just to keep us guessing.

==================================================================================

Melisandre said that the blood of kings is very powerful. Just how powerful is such a sacrifice?

Jon sent maester Aemon and Mance's son away to keep them safe from Melisandre. Jon stayed behind... who is descended from the old kings in the North, through Ned or Lyanna. If Rhaegar is his father, the last Targaryen king of Westeros is his grandfather. King Robb Stark may have declared Jon his heir. Jon's blood is at least as powerful as that of Edric Storm, maester Aemon, Mance's son.

And Bowen Marsh and his allies spilled it at Castle Black, sacrificed their Lord Commander right next to the Wall. What will that do to the Wall?

Maybe we will see the Wall fail in the first chapters at the Wall, either from Jon's or Melisdandre's point of view. The Wall may either come tumbling down, or it may lose its ability to keep the White Walkers / the magic that creates White Walkers at bay. Dead people might start resurrecting all over the place before the people at Castle Black understand what is happening.

What POV's? Jon has no more POVs people.

Maybe Jon will have no more POVs but there certainly will be a POV at the Wall. If it's no longer covered by Jon, it'll be covered by Melisandre.

Maybe Jon will have no more POVs but there certainly will be a POV at the Wall. If it's no longer covered by Jon, it'll be covered by Melisandre.

Of course. That was my point precisely. The subject of the thread was regarding Jon's POV's specifically, and I felt the need to point out that, ya know, he's dead. The next big shocking moment in aSoIaF is going to be that... yep, he's really dead. I don't know why this should surprise anybody, as we had no major deaths for almost 2 whole books, but yet everyone seems to assume Jon will be saved/resurrected.

Of course. That was my point precisely. The subject of the thread was regarding Jon's POV's specifically, and I felt the need to point out that, ya know, he's dead. The next big shocking moment in aSoIaF is going to be that... yep, he's really dead. I don't know why this should surprise anybody, as we had no major deaths for almost 2 whole books, but yet everyone seems to assume Jon will be saved/resurrected.

I'll take that bet. I knew Ned was dead, I knew Robb was dead, I knew Catlyn was dead, I knew Bran wasn't, I knew Arya wasn't, I knew Sandor wasn't, I knew Theon wasn't. I have no fucking clue whether or not Jon is dead now, or seriously injured, but he will be alive at some point. Whether or not he has POV's when he wakes up, I am not sure because he may become a male claimer to the Iron Thrown and we don't get their POV's, but why is Ghost POV so unreasonable when we have gotten large segments of chapters in wolves before.

Archived