The "Good Freys"

unSonofStannis

You never know. Stoneheart only has an outlaw band. I doubt she can kill all the Freys. And even the vengeful northman may balk at the idea of killing babies. I believe there are some Freys that are still babies who haven't been weaned yet.

Well, there is a theory about RW 2.0 in Riverrun, so I wouldn`t exclude anything. Also, as much as the idea is repulsive for me, I can see GRRM pulling Rains of Castamere on Freys. He`s been preparing for that with all those lines of how unforgivable that crime was.

• 3 weeks later...

Olyvar was awesome. He should be lord of the crossing and execute all of the Freys involved in that atrocity, or send them to the wall instead. Better than kinslaying. He was an honest and upright young lad and a total bro.

If I had the clout for it and he had a role in the show I'd totally act him haha.

Yeah, their only option to be pardoned by any Stark now is provably putting all the other Freys to the sword (excluding the children) and then burning the Twins leaving only the bridge to be crossed freely.

Then they can be of a knightly house without a castle.

I wish they did just that. How sweet will it be for Old Walder to die and lose his family house by his own sons/grandsons.

• 4 weeks later...

They might die, they might not. I hope they don't.

There are Freys that don't deserve death, such as all the children. In fact, I'm not even sure Merrett deserved death (that might just be me and my modern day morals, though).

Well, he did play a part in the RW, so he deserves death.

I think UnCat would not even listen to these Freys. They would die before they had the chance to tell her that they were not part in the RW.

And i believe UnCat will even kill every Frey Child she could get ... she did not even listen to Brienne or Podrik before she wanted them dead!

There is no such thing as good Freys. Perwyn, Olyvar and Allesander may have been sent away for the RW but they were quick enough to come back and fight against their old allies after the deed was done ( Perwyn was present at the siege of Riverrun IIRC ). They deserve death for following a man like Walder Frey.

Well, he did play a part in the RW, so he deserves death.

You seem to be implying that there can't be different levels of involvement.

Merrett only drank, he didn't plan anything, he didn't kill anyone.

I'd have to agree with Motte, I'm not sure Merrett deserved the noose.

Well, there is a theory about RW 2.0 in Riverrun, so I wouldn`t exclude anything. Also, as much as the idea is repulsive for me, I can see GRRM pulling Rains of Castamere on Freys. He`s been preparing for that with all those lines of how unforgivable that crime was.

The Freys currently in Riverrun never betrayed the Starks; they fought for the Lannisters since the start. Their firstborn son gave the Starks his parole after they took him prisoner and served them as an envoy on multiple occasions. On the last occasion chaotic internal Stark politics meant it was announced for reason of expedience and convenience that he wasn't making a prisoner exchange, he was conducting a jailbreak, to kill him but try to get Jaime Lannister back alive, and suddenly everyone in the Riverlands became his enemy. He was killed shortly after, but because Jaime wasn't recaptured another one of their sons was murdered in his cell by Stark bannermen.

These are the people who are prospect RW2s.

The Freys currently in Riverrun never betrayed the Starks; they fought for the Lannisters since the start. Their firstborn son gave the Starks his parole after they took him prisoner and served them as an envoy on multiple occasions. On the last occasion chaotic internal Stark politics meant it was announced for reason of expedience and convenience that he wasn't making a prisoner exchange, he was conducting a jailbreak, to kill him but try to get Jaime Lannister back alive, and suddenly everyone in the Riverlands became his enemy. He was killed shortly after, but because Jaime wasn't recaptured another one of their sons was murdered in his cell by Stark bannermen.

These are the people who are prospect RW2s.

This isn't about Emon Frey or Genna. This is about hige wedding in Riverrun, where all Freys would be invited and then RW .0 would happened. And, I see Freys as new Castameres...

There is no such thing as good Freys. Perwyn, Olyvar and Allesander may have been sent away for the RW but they were quick enough to come back and fight against their old allies after the deed was done ( Perwyn was present at the siege of Riverrun IIRC ). They deserve death for following a man like Walder Frey.

Olyvar and Alesander haven't even been mentioned since then though.

The good Freys exist but I don't see them or the children being sparred. Even the good guys are moved to bloody vengeance. And I think Manderly's comment that a young Frey's murder was a blessing would be shared by many.

That said I hope I'm wrong. If not, I hope they're at least allowed to take the Black in lieu of murder.

Archived