Season 3 Soundtrack Announced

Westeros

Mhysa is good, but it's not nearly as amazing as my personal favourite, "A Lannister Always Pays His Debts". After the RW, that music will be haunting me for a long time. "The Lannisters Send Their Regards" and "Dark Wings, Dark Words" (maybe the music that will play during Sansa's reaction in the next episode, or perhaps that will be "The Heir to Winterfell", though that may have been cleared up this episode) are also really good.

The full version of Mhysa is one of the best things I've ever heard. I really hope the scene itself matches my expectations now!

Your girl keeps getting the best music. Would love to know what the (presumably Valyrian?) lyrics mean.

Your girl keeps getting the best music. Would love to know what the (presumably Valyrian?) lyrics mean.

As I mentioned on another thread, I have written to the creator of the languages for GOT about it, if I get a response, I will post it :)

Mhysa is indeed amazing, and yet again the music and the show are seriously hinting at Dany being the 'saviour' :cheers:

Keeps viewers interested - everyone loves "Khaleesi" so I don't blame the show for playing that up big time and perhaps making Mereen a bit more interesting from an action perspective (once they get settled there) in regards to the guards being killed by the revolting slavers & disappearing etc.. lots of cool things they could do with that bit.

Obviously my dream of merging Yunkaii/Mereen, giving Dany the latest KidzBop album and putting Barristan the Babysitter in charge is not good for TV.. But in seriousness I still enjoy the stuff from Essos and it's mostly very well done regardless of whether or not it's my favorite storyline

OH to stay on topic I love anything Pyke related - Reek is great because it adds that Iron Islands melody coupled with very percussion driven undertones.. After this season Rains of Castamere ('A Lannister Pays his Debts' on the album) will be hard to replace as my favorite.

David J Peterson responded to me about the Mhysa track, he said: "I did send off some High Valyrian lyrics for what ended up being that track, but they weren’t used. They were actually lines from the show, but were actually mixed up a little bit, so at this point I don’t think it’d be recognizable."

You can see the post here: http://www.dothraki....r/#comment-1862

Boo :( Oh well, but it seems it is High Valyrian, but it would be nice if there was a meaning. I guess in the end they just went for something that sounded right for the song, rather than for the actual meaning.

David J Peterson responded to me about the Mhysa track, he said: "I did send off some High Valyrian lyrics for what ended up being that track, but they weren’t used. They were actually lines from the show, but were actually mixed up a little bit, so at this point I don’t think it’d be recognizable."

You can see the post here: http://www.dothraki....r/#comment-1862

Boo :( Oh well, but it seems it is High Valyrian, but it would be nice if there was a meaning. I guess in the end they just went for something that sounded right for the song, rather than for the actual meaning.

Gah. He should have just taken the credit for the track. Still it fits the music really well, can't wait for that scene with that score next week. Thanks for asking David!

Gah. He should have just taken the credit for the track. Still it fits the music really well, can't wait for that scene with that score next week. Thanks for asking David!

I wrote to him again to ask about the original text that he sent, all he said was:

"I think they were Dany’s lines from episode 10, but the way they were altered makes them no longer comprehensible text, I’m afraid."

Interesting..... Can't wait for sunday!

Mhysa is indeed amazing, and yet again the music and the show are seriously hinting at Dany being the 'saviour' :cheers:

Damn D&D whats with the angelic heroic music for Dany, don't they know she's meant to be the villain in the end haha? Mhysa gave me goosebumps.

Damn D&D whats with the angelic heroic music for Dany, don't they know she's meant to be the villain in the end haha? Mhysa gave me goosebumps.

She's not the villain, she's the 'mother'. Just because people do not like some of her actions doesn't make her bad in any sense. If you read mythology, even the most wonderful goddesses have good and bad traits. They gave give or take life at a whim. Dany is like this, because GRRM knows what he is doing. She's on the hero's journey. We've seen the departure and the transformation, now we're waiting for the return :) And D&D know more than the rest of us, they know where she is TRULY going ;-) Do I think she will end up on the Iron Throne? Doubtful, but that doesn't mean she isn't the saviour of Westeros in some sense.

She's not the villain, she's the 'mother'. Just because people do not like some of her actions doesn't make her bad in any sense. If you read mythology, even the most wonderful goddesses have good and bad traits. They gave give or take life at a whim. Dany is like this, because GRRM knows what he is doing. She's on the hero's journey. We've seen the departure and the transformation, now we're waiting for the return :) And D&D know more than the rest of us, they know where she is TRULY going ;-) Do I think she will end up on the Iron Throne? Doubtful, but that doesn't mean she isn't the saviour of Westeros in some sense.

Oh I agree totally. I think Dany becoming the main villain is wishful thinking by some people. Besides didn't GRRM say there is no villains in ASOIAF except Joffrey anyway? When Tormund Giantsbane said that the White Walkers hate fire, they are vulnerable to Dragonglass, stone made in extreme heat - I think its clear where this may be headed. Though nothing is ever clear with GRRM.

The full version of Mhysa is one of the best things I've ever heard. I really hope the scene itself matches my expectations now!

I do wonder if the Mysha song will actually accompany the Mysha scene. It doesn't really sound triumphant enough imo. A slightly altered version of Mother of Dragons would be what I would expect.

So I think "Mysha" will play for Uncat.

Just heard the samples:

A Lannister Always Pays His Debts: basically an instrumental 'Rains of Castamere' - the one played at the RW

it's played in the credits of episode 7 too!

:agree:

I do wonder if the Mysha song will actually accompany the Mysha scene. It doesn't really sound triumphant enough imo. A slightly altered version of Mother of Dragons would be what I would expect.

So I think "Mysha" will play for Uncat.

Perhaps both? Some kind of montage/cutting?

Mmn shame 'Dracarys' and 'A Lannister Always Pays His Debts' sound not quite as good as the ones uploaded to Youtube as people have said, guess you can always download those and sub them into the soundtrack...

Perhaps both? Some kind of montage/cutting?

that could work... Cat for the first part of the song, then at 1:37 when her theme comes in, Dany

BTW, isn't the whole song absolutely amazing? are you familiar with the tune

from the Time Machine O.S.T.? the vibe is the same!

Archived