Rickon's fate

Abyssalix

Rickon is sort of the only hope for house Stark, Bran isn't going anywhere, Sansa is married to a Lannister and Arya is on another continent. It's Rickon or no one, so for that reason I think he survives to carry on the legacy of house Stark.

Rickon will be played up in TWoW, only to die or become useless by the end of the book. I don't think it's a coincidence his direwolf was called Shaggydog...

The name "Shaggydog" seems to be played for irony in this instance. Unlike any of the other Starks, Rickon has been completely and utterly irrelevant for the better part of 5 books, has been missing from 3, and is the least developed Stark, yet is about to abruptly enter on stage to cause massive impact.

He's literally the antithesis of what a shaggydog story is.

He'll be too young to be KiTN...unless GRRM provides a timeskip of at least 10-15 years. It's a shame that he's likely to be the only Stark in Winterfell...I may be a bit too sentimental but I was kind of hoping that the Starks would gather once more at Winterfell.

He is only a toddler... Or max 5 years old by the end of ADWD.

5 years-old sounds about right, and people don't stay the same person they are at 5, something people often forget in regards to Rickon. If he reunites with his siblings and someone, likely Jon, watches over and raises him then he could turn out alright.

He will be Lord of WF, and his cousin, Jon will support him as king.

Archived