[Book Spoilers] Robb and Grey Wind

Broken Fox

I don't think Bron would save Sansa from a gang rape or get Arya out of the Twins. He would murder a newborn at Tyrion's order if the price was right, by his own word. He's a different kind of monster than say a Ramsey, but he is a monster all the same. Hound tries to play that role at times but fails. We see his cracks. He does care, pity these poor Stark girls.

Bron didn't even care about his one 'friend' at the end of the day and left Tyrion out to dry.

I think he would definitely help Sansa and Arya, but he isn't a hero nor a sociopath. He did go out of his way to save Sandor's life during the Battle of the Blackwater, when Sandor had just previously wanted to kill him before the bells rang.

I think he mainly looks out for numero uno and is motivated primarily by money, but there's definitely a little bit of humanity in him.

Yeah Arya seeing her headless brother yet another family member being paraded around and mocked by a crowd was WAY worse than the shit she went through in the novels. It's kind of painting the picture that she'll want to kill EVERYONE when it's all said and done.

I knew they were going to show it and I thought I was ready. I was wrong.

Really, I don't know how to describe the horror, the rage, the saddness that I felt during that scene. My hate for the Freys and Boltons has reached a completely new level.

It took my breath away to see it. I did not think they would go there. Please George, give us revenge on Walder Frey!

One of the few times the show actually outdid the books. That scene at the beginning was about as hard core as one could get and damn was it creepy. I always liked Robb but I usually don't feel sorry for fictional characters. I felt damn sorry for Robb though after that to the point that if I ever met the actor that plays Walder Frey I would likely be on the 6'o clock news for twisting the guys head off with my bare hands and shoving it up his ass. Thank the seven for Lady Stoneheart, many blessing towards her crusade to geld and crucify that piece of shit.

Simply the most horrifying scene in the show so far. It made my stomach churn. It's the sadistic desecration of the body, the mockery, that even in death there's a final humiliation for someone who was a decent person. Nice touch to let Arya see this as well; her descent will be a lot more believable now though I hope that we still get to see her recover Needle.

Just to remind everyone. RobbWind was in the book. Check for Tyrion's chapter when he is thinking how he could not tell her what happen on RW because Sansa is crying. He mentions "He couldn't tell her people are whispering wolf's head was pinned on his body"

This makes wonder.

Let's say some Frey-leader give orders to attack a drunk (helpless) army. Did they give orders to mutilate them and torture before killing? If yes, how is it the men are capable of doing this? I mean what reason did the actual foot soldiers have to slaughter their former brothers-in-arms in such heinous way, rather than simply killing them. The foot soldiers weren't betrayed, only the actual Freys. I can understand that someone in charge says "these guys betrayed us ans we shall attack them in the night" but mutilating and other horror I don't understand.

Like, a soldier in Frey-army finds out, "oh, King Robb broke his vow and our alliance is at end. Ok so now we will go and cut some limbs of the same leveled foot soldier whom with I fought side-by-side in a war"

Who knows if there was any rivalry between the riverlands soldiers and the northmen. Hell, even Roose's men, fellow northmen, are in on the party. I think people simply underestimate the ease that people can enjoy terrible things. Public executions, long drawn out ones at that, were the norm for people's entertainment for millenia. They still happen in many countries in the middle east and elsewhere.

Like some, I've already red the books. The Red Wedding wasn't a surprise cause I knew it was coming. I sat bouncing in my seat in nervous anticipation as the the sceen was about to unfold and was amazed by how well it was put together. And as... with the Red Wedding, I knew only too well that one of the 4 setting from the book, that tugged on my emotions, had to be shown. First there was Ned, then the Red Wedding, and then the Freys prancing Robb's corpse around with Grey Wind's head spiked to his body. This one was one of the worse. And if no one else caught it, the emotions that stirred in me when I read/saw that scene were the same as those shown by Maisie Williams who plays Arya in the show. Her face goes from utter saddness and dark despair, to blinding hate and rage ( she's turning into a very good actress ). So now you know the meaning behind, and why I keep say, ALL FREYS MUST DIE.

I think he would definitely help Sansa and Arya, but he isn't a hero nor a sociopath. He did go out of his way to save Sandor's life during the Battle of the Blackwater, when Sandor had just previously wanted to kill him before the bells rang.

I think he mainly looks out for numero uno and is motivated primarily by money, but there's definitely a little bit of humanity in him.

The scene where Bronn saves the hound is series-only, doesn't appear in the books.

(also I'm pretty sure that the talk about killing a newborn between Tyrion and Bronn

only occurs in the books)

I always felt like Bronn was made more charismatic and less cruel in the show,

but neither book- nor showBronn would have saved Arya, both would've sould

(thus effectively killed her) to the Frey's without thinking twice.

One of the few times the show actually outdid the books. That scene at the beginning was about as hard core as one could get and damn was it creepy. I always liked Robb but I usually don't feel sorry for fictional characters. I felt damn sorry for Robb though after that to the point that if I ever met the actor that plays Walder Frey I would likely be on the 6'o clock news for twisting the guys head off with my bare hands and shoving it up his ass. Thank the seven for Lady Stoneheart, many blessing towards her crusade to geld and crucify that piece of shit.

*high five*

I don't think Bron would save Sansa from a gang rape or get Arya out of the Twins. He would murder a newborn at Tyrion's order if the price was right, by his own word. He's a different kind of monster than say a Ramsey, but he is a monster all the same. Hound tries to play that role at times but fails. We see his cracks. He does care, pity these poor Stark girls.

Bron didn't even care about his one 'friend' at the end of the day and left Tyrion out to dry.

Bronn is a prostitute - he made that abundantly clear to Tyrion all the way through their relationship. He may have been friendly with Tyrion, but he was never a friend. Just like Shae was never a love, but always a prostitute.

I think you're stretching just how good the Hound is - remember this is the person that laughed at Arya when he confirmed cutting Mycah in half.

Archived