Littlefinger: Where is he going with Sansa? Using or Helping her, thoughts?

spinelladude

If LF's interest in Sansa is sexual- I still don't think he'd rape her. He wants to seduce her. Sansa's affection would grant that validation he's been working for since Cat's rejection. Therefore, proving (to himself) that he is worthy of a Highborn wife and all that comes with that. But if Sansa doesn't reciprocate, I doubt he'd do something so 'brutish' or inelegant as 'take her unwillingly'.

He's going to do with Sansa exactly what he said he was going to do: use Sansa to take over the Vale, the Riverlands, and the North. I think that shortly after Sansa's wedding to Harry the Heir, he'll leave the Vale with her, go by the Twins and murder everyone there to get the support of the Riverlands and the North, and then march to Winterfell where he'll meet his death at Sansa's hand.

And I definitely think he'll rape her a few times.

Yeah all those people he raped.

The Great One and Sansa is a really strange one, because it's just so hard to fully fathom in what way the Great One sees Sansa as having potential. Obviously right now Sansa is "heir" to Winterfell, and the Great One has noted how that may factor into his plans. Yet when he first started making contact with Sansa via Dontos, I don't think that Theon had even taken Winterfell at that point. Even if he had, I don't think the news had travelled down south. Robb was also still alive. So, the Great One must have/have had a contingency plan for Sansa that did not involve her as heir to Winterfell. It could also just be that seeing whether he could spirit Sansa away was just an attempt by the Great One to see just how daring he could be while getting away with it. He may have just have thought about getting Sansa and then deciding what to "do with her" later on.

As far the whole sexual attraction aspect, the same confusion seeps through. The Great One was in love with Cat, of course, and Sansa is the closest thing physically he will ever have to Cat. Yet Sansa being a virgin is currently terribly important, be it for her marriage to Harry or her eventual theoretical marriage dissolution. The Great One has never been shown to fall victim to his urges (short of his urge to just play and win with fewer resources).

If the Great One ties himself to Sansa's well-being, I imagine he'll continue to help her. That said, the sociopath in him will probably have little trouble casting her off if things get desperate.

However, let us all hope that both he and Sansa successfully negotiate the next two books and that the Great One's genius is acknowledged.

I think it has little to do with Sansa as a person and a political and more about his own obsession, which has been hinted at in AGOT and well established by his offer to marry her. How much of that fixation starts with Catelyn and ends with Sansa, it is hard to tell. Politically Sansa is valuable but she is also toxic and he has burnt more than a few bridges and placed himself at considerable risk. As for using her politically, I think this is incidental. Winterfell, the Eyrie and Harry, or otherwise kingdoms, castles and handsome princes are his way of buying her affection.

If LF's interest in Sansa is sexual- I still don't think he'd rape her. He wants to seduce her. Sansa's affection would grant that validation he's been working for since Cat's rejection. Therefore, proving (to himself) that he is worthy of a Highborn wife and all that comes with that. But if Sansa doesn't reciprocate, I doubt he'd do something so 'brutish' or inelegant as 'take her unwillingly'.

I agree with all of this except the "IF" you started the post with. He's clearly interested in her sexually but I don't think that's his only interest in her. That's the only thing that can explain his asking for her hand as soon as Ned was killed. She wasn't heir to anything at that time. In fact, Robb hadn't even started to gather his bannermen, if I'm not mistaken.

LF isn't the Joker, wanting to watch the world burn. He's the kind of guy who uses the rules and bends it for his own purposes. His main motivation is playing dangerous games and advancing himself.

Completely disagree. Littlefinger is basically the Joker who uses the legal system to his advantage. Varys himself (in the show at least) says the same thing "He would see this realm burn to be king of the ashes".

Archived