Dream of Spring (BooK) Release Date - 2018

Schwitey

The Book "A Dream of Spring" will be released in 2018.

The 2nd half of SoS will be aired next year, 2014. GGRM, at a recent conference in Chile has said that FFC & DWD will be put together across 3 Series of GoT, as their time lines run parallel. This take us to 2017. GRRM has stated that both WoW & ADoS are big books, therefore it is safe to assume that both will be put over 2 series of GoT, WoW 1 airing in 2018, & WoW 2 airing in April 2019.

Using the current filming and releasing schedule as a guide, ADoS part 1 would have to be filmed in 2019. This would mean ADoS would have to be released in 2018 - latest very early 2019- to coincide with WoW part 2 airing.

This is all provided GRRM still intends to write the books before their TV counterparts are released. And provided the TV Scheduling doesn't change, and of course maybe ADoS will take George only the 3 years that it will (hopefully :-)) take him to finish and release WoW, so ADoS is released early in 2017

So not too many big "ifs" then. :-)

It's a possible theory yes, but a theory remains. Not certain. GRRM has been speeding up so I think we might get a 2015 release after all, so with such rythm I guess a ADoS release around 2018/2019 is perfectly feasible.

People, I have said this so many times, and I`ll say now. This conversation isn`t productive and it`s prohibited due to the fact it draws the strange type of people. You may not think bad, but there are others who do. Please, don`t do this again, because this thread represents breaking of one of the rules of the forum...

I might be wrong but since he was origonally planning on skipping the interim period that is AFFC,ADWD and WOW he might have all ready wrote a good bit of the last book or at the very least have extensive notes and outlines for it. If he gets WOW done I think it will get easier for him to finish up.

I think the HBO series will adapt up to book 6, D&D have said that the series is going to last 7 seasons, half of season 4, full seasons 5 and 6 will cover Feast and Dance, and the 7th season will be book 6. There, the Game of Thrones (which is the name of the tv show) will be resolved, and the last book will deal with the supernatural cataclysm, which might be a Miniseries called "ASOIAF" done two or three yeasrs later giving GRRM time to finish the last one, maybe even a movie (or trilogy) if Warner has the rights to do so...

:dunno:

The producers of the show do not want it to last 10 seasons.

"Ideally, the books come out first," Benioff says. "We don't want to become a show that outstays its welcome and tries to turn each book into three seasons. Part of what we love about these books, and this show, is this sense of momentum and building toward something. If we tried to turn this into a 10-season show we'd strangle the golden goose. There is a ticking clock here."

Some news articles suggest Book 4 & Book 5 will turn into Season 5 (with more than 10 episodes). If that happens, then Book 6 needs to be released before the second half of 2014. And even if Book 6 releases on time, I doubt the show executives will wait another 3-4 years for Martin to complete Book 7.

So I think the TV show will end before the books come out.

Did we skip WoW? Lol. One thing, I have to disagree on. The HBO series, will not have that many seasons. More likely there will be 8 or 9.

but to have 8 or 9, you'd have to go into about 2018-2019. So if they can get the TWOW episodes started in 2017 and finish them in 2018, 2019 can finish the show.

They'll get done when GRM thinks they are satisfactory. As long as he doesn't die or I don't die, I'm fine with that. I'd rather wait until 2020 if that's what it takes to sufficiently complete his masterpiece than read some rushed, sloppy put together work just to satisfy my knowledge on how it all ends.

Speaking backstage at the BAFTAS, Doelger said: “[The number of series] is being discussed as we speak. The third season was the first half of book three, season four will be the second part of book three. George RR Martin has written books four and five; six and seven are pending.

“I would hope that, if we all survive, and if the audience stays with us we’ll probably get through to seven seasons.”

Remember what happened to Dance - it was released in the middle of 2011, and George spent the entire remain of that year in signing tours, and only started writing Winter in 2012. With an optimistic release of Winds in 2015, he'd probably only start working on Dream by 2016, which would mean a very optimistic release of it in 2019-2020.

I read on the internet (which doesn't make it true) that GRRM's wife said that he thinks there will need to be 3 more books until the story is done.

He said so himself, though it's only a hypothesis. The first three books were supposed to be just one, but it got too big and had to be split. Same thing happened with Feast/Dance, so it's quite possible it could happen again.

Archived