What is your favorite castle?

Winterfell is 1st. Love the North and it's heated by hot springs, has a green house so you get fresh food even in the winter.

2nd, Riverrun, I mean, damn it's got a river running through it.

3rd, the Eeryie (spelling), just for the view and defensive capabilities. If I was Dany I would make it my home. She could get up and down with ease on her dragons. Just paint the door red and call it home!

I sort of want to say Dragonstone because it is so cool. Unfortunately, it seems to be on or near an active volcano. No thanks. The best castle is Harrenhal because it's all spooky and cursed. I would charge "paranormal investigators" money to carry out research inside and make a fortune. Also, it's on a lake that has a mysterious island in the middle.

I cannot really decide between Winterfell and Sunspear, the both sound pretty amazing. Riverrun is also probably beautiful, I can never not imagine the view Catelyn had from one of the balconies there. Maybe Casterly Rok joins the list when we finally come to see it in one of the next books.

Favourite is tied between Harrenhal (Mystery, curse, huge, powerful) and Dragonstone (Location, history and Targaryen command centre, The Painted Table)

Extra:

The Eyrie (Isolation)

Riverrun (Rivers..)

Highgarden

Dreadfort (Because of the name and certain dungeons...)

would like to get a nice view of Casterly Rock.

Archived