What Are You Listening to? Part IX: If You Read It Backwards... You Might Get Nausesous

Durckad

The new Daft Punk record is really good, and I think it might appeal to some people that hadn't been fans thus far.

I think what I enjoy most about it is that it is poppy, with lots of catchy, memorable moments while simultaneously being experimental and including lots of other types of music (even fucking disco!) and yet not betraying that catchy base. It's fun music that's more than it seems and I give it credit for managing all that and still being coherent... and fun. :)

And, after that, now for something completely different...

I don't care what anyone says about what Chicago or what they became, but Terry Kath was and will always be an amazing guitarist.

...and including lots of other types of music (even kfucking disco!) and yet not betraying that catchy base....

Ummm.... Sorry, are you saying you're surprised there's disco-y elements on a Daft Punk record, or that anything cool and catchy could have a disco influence?

Ummm.... Sorry, are you saying you're surprised there's disco-y elements on a Daft Punk record, or that anything cool and catchy could have a disco influence?

The latter. :P

Thanks, Weeping Sore. Greta Keller made an

of one of my favorite songs.

I think it´s time to advertise one of my home-country´s bands. This song really got stuck in my head two years ago after I heard it two times on the radio and I thought there was finally an interesting new band from germany - turns out it wasn´t - new.

from this album.
. (So John Peel liked them in 1986.)
. (I don´t like the song so much, but I think the video is great. Blog blog ;) )

I caught Joe Pug at the Nelsonville Music Festival this year and he's my new folk singer/songwriter crush. His lyrics are amazing. Sometimes I wonder where the are the anti-war protest songs of the 21st century and Joe's Bury Me Far (from my uniform) is one of the most haunting and effective I've heard. If one guy with a harmonica, four chords and the truth is your thing, give him a listen. He's starting a West Coast/Midwest/Europe tour this fall and is opening for the Lumineers on a few of their East Coast stops this summer/fall.

http://www.joepugmusic.com/

Archived