Will Davos haft to kill Osha?

Mr.Black

No. The direwolves can tell a good man from a bad one.

I think this is true. Davos has already been judged as true by supernatural means. Melisandre knows that he hates her and the Lord of Light but vouches for his honesty and loyalty to stannis because she sees it in her flames. Why couldn't a dire wolf also sniff it out?

Why on earth would Davos want to? And unless the place teensy tiny there's no reason why Davos would even see them. And even if they did miraculously bump into each other, how will Davos know that it's Rickon? Have they met before? Does Davos even have reason to think he's alive? Maybe I'm missing something but as far as I know the whole world thinks he's dead??

Plus I can't see Osha telling anyone "oh by the way, here's the last surviving male stark. who is 7 years old. Alone. With just me to protect him." Doesn’t make sense. Most likely she's pretending to be his mother and they're both laying waaaaay low.

I'm going to assume that on arrival at Skagos Davos will begin to enquire after a small child and a huge Direwolf who are accompanied by a wildling woman and that some one will have noted their arrival on the island. Osha and Rickon will have had to acquire a boat from somewhere in order to get to Skagos in the first place, and then there is the small matter of safely landing said boat, its likely that Skagos only has a handful of safe places to do that. Then they have to find food and shelter, possibly buying or stealing a horse to travel the island in order to find a quite place to hide out. All of this draws attention. I'm willing to bet Davos does find them. Otherwise its going to be a pretty dull story arc.

What makes you think that Shaggydog didn't rip Osha to pieces the first time she told Rickon it was time to go to sleep and he didn't want to?

She was hearding him around during their departure form Winterfel without nuch poroblem. Besides wild as he is Shaggydog hasn't actually killed anyone so far.

Sam, Tyrion, the NW gang, oh wait maybe it's just Ghost who's good at it. :)

Sam is just terrified. While dogs often sense fear, and, if afraid themselves, react poorly to it (because of an expectation of attack), if a calm dog meets a fearful human, they can react quite well (if their master is also calm). Because there's no threat at all.

Tyrion is not even remotely a nice person - he's just wholly nonthreatening. Not to mention that the direwolves did not react pleasantly to him elsewhere - in fact, they seemed ready to rend him limb from limb, at Winterfell!

What this shows is that Ghost reacts entirely to Jon's reaction to people. Jon didn't see Tyrion as a threat; he didn't see Sam as a threat; he had bested all of his fellow recruits with a sword, and none of them were a threat. The only ones Ghost reacts negatively to are the ones Jon doesn't like, and is agitated around.

Which is pretty in keeping with how dogs behave, but also in keeping with that whole warging bond, which should make that natural reaction even stronger.

She was hearding him around during their departure form Winterfel without nuch poroblem. Besides wild as he is Shaggydog hasn't actually killed anyone so far.

Yeah I think the only reason he attacked Luwin was because Rickon had dreamed of their father and was probably terrified at the time. The Direwolves seem to know what's best for their Stark, like when Ghost ratted out Jon to Sam and Co.

He's bitten two people, tearing a "chunk of flesh" out of someone's leg. Furthermore, Bran was there during the departure from Winterfell.

Sam is just terrified. While dogs often sense fear, and, if afraid themselves, react poorly to it (because of an expectation of attack), if a calm dog meets a fearful human, they can react quite well (if their master is also calm). Because there's no threat at all.

Tyrion is not even remotely a nice person - he's just wholly nonthreatening. Not to mention that the direwolves did not react pleasantly to him elsewhere - in fact, they seemed ready to rend him limb from limb, at Winterfell!

What this shows is that Ghost reacts entirely to Jon's reaction to people. Jon didn't see Tyrion as a threat; he didn't see Sam as a threat; he had bested all of his fellow recruits with a sword, and none of them were a threat. The only ones Ghost reacts negatively to are the ones Jon doesn't like, and is agitated around.

Which is pretty in keeping with how dogs behave, but also in keeping with that whole warging bond, which should make that natural reaction even stronger.

But Summer likes Sam when Bran is still unsure, after all the guy had just come out of a hole in the ground.

Evidence plz.

Someone already mentioned that Summer knew Sam was friends with Ghost (and that this is the thing that finally convinces Bran to trust Sam) but another piece of evidence is Grey Wind not trusting Rolph Spicer (whose sister is Sybell Westerling [Jeyne Westerling's mother] with whom Rolph helped to plot out the Red Wedding). Grey Wind takes an immediate dislike to Rolph Spicer, and Catelyn urges Robb to send him away on some pretext (which Robb does, to the Golden Tooth on a hostage exchange). Now this is probably weeks before the Red Wedding, but right from the get go, Grey Wind can tell that Rolph is bad news.

Archived