[BOOK SPOILERS] TV Series Improvements on the Story?

AryaBaratheon

Tywin/Arya(I would have loved to see Weasel Soup or Roose/Arya, but the Tywin/Arya scenes made for good TV)

Theon burning the letter to Robb

Theon beheading Rodrik Cassel

Dragon theft(good idea in theory, although the execution was botched)

Cersei and Theon being made into more sympathetic characters

Cersei and Tommen on the Iron Throne

Stannis leading the charge at the Blackwater

Cersei/Robert

Margaery playing Joffrey like a harp

I can't believe I forgot this one. Truly badass.

It was totally OOC, but I liked it because it conveyed just how much Stannis desired the throne, while also showing just how more adept he was for the job than Joffrey. It also tied in with the whole "king consumed by his own crown" and fire imagery that was seen in his s2 arc IMO.

Plus, we finally got to see some of that badass Baratheon fighting spirit us book readers know and love.

"Hundreds will die."

"Thousands"

:bowdown:

This was great as well.

I watched the episode before reading the books, and that scene did more to make me pity Cersei than pretty much everything else in the show and books. It was chilling and powerful, and Lena Headey just crushed that monologue. One of the changes that I wish we got to see in the book as well, and could potentially foreshadow Cersei's actions in the future.

Plus, we finally got to see some of that badass Baratheon fighting spirit us book readers know and love.

"Hundreds will die."

"Thousands"

:bowdown:

Among my favorite lines in the entire GoT series, along with "Come with me and take this city!".

- a number of changes relating to not spoiling the RW (although there were a few changes concerning this that were bad too) namely not having the prophesy at the house of the undying, arya being tywins cupbearer rather than roose's (dont get how people are saying that he looks like an idiot because he didnt realize it was arya in all probability, he had no idea she had escaped) , and not having robbs will immaedietly before the wedding (provided they bring it up later if it has some relevance)

- there are a few good scenes too which they added, as people have already mentioned cersei and tommen on the IT, but also Robert and Cersei in S1,Theon executing Rodrik (although the excuse for why he got captured was questionable)

-mainly making characters more human, eg cersei, robert etc, and some less one dimensional eg shae, and jeyne/talisa

mostly the show changes that are good though are good because they fit better into tv (from budgetary and less complicated plotline perspectives) like at the RW repacing jinglebell with walder freys wife

- a number of changes relating to not spoiling the RW (although there were a few changes concerning this that were bad too) namely not having the prophesy at the house of the undying, arya being tywins cupbearer rather than roose's (dont get how people are saying that he looks like an idiot because he didnt realize it was arya in all probability, he had no idea she had escaped) , and not having robbs will immaedietly before the wedding (provided they bring it up later if it has some relevance)

- there are a few good scenes too which they added, as people have already mentioned cersei and tommen on the IT, but also Robert and Cersei in S1,Theon executing Rodrik (although the excuse for why he got captured was questionable)

-mainly making characters more human, eg cersei, robert etc, and some less one dimensional eg shae, and jeyne/talisa

mostly the show changes that are good though are good because they fit better into tv (from budgetary and less complicated plotline perspectives) like at the RW repacing jinglebell with walder freys wife

It doesn't matter if he knew it was her. It was fairly obvious she was the daughter of a Northern noble. At the least, she should have been taken prisoner until he figured out who was in order to ransom her.

Instead, he corrects her on how to say m'lord instead of my lord in order to better disguise herself.

It doesn't matter if he knew it was her. It was fairly obvious she was the daughter of a Northern noble. At the least, she should have been taken prisoner until he figured out who was in order to ransom her.

Instead, he corrects her on how to say m'lord instead of my lord in order to better disguise herself.

Yea i thought the whole point was that he knew and/or didn't care which totally goes against everything we know as Tywin the character.

Tywin doesn't know whether she's the daughter of a lord. She could have been highborn like Jeyne Poole, where she was part of a lord's household. No point in wasting time trying to ransom her then. Besides, Tywin had much bigger issues to deal with at the time rather than ransom a seemingly highborn cupbearer.

Tywin doesn't know whether she's the daughter of a lord. She could have been highborn like Jeyne Poole, where she was part of a lord's household. No point in wasting time trying to ransom her then. Besides, Tywin had much bigger issues to deal with at the time rather than ransom a seemingly highborn cupbearer.

Highborn is Noble

i love show tywin. i love him acting like the badass i always assumed he was.

i love show varys. i love his over the top dramatic tone and i really loved the scene with him and tyrion peering into the box when he finally pried it open. the camera angle from in the box made it so fun, imo.

i prefer show sansa at this point.

i absolutely adore show margaergy and her handling joffrey.

i actually really like show joffrey. the actor plays the role so perfectly and makes me want to hate joff with real gusto.

finally i like the character of show osha but i'm getting tired of how "tonks" is interpreting being a wilding now.

i really like how these actors (and hbo) are interpreting the characters and i completely acknowledge that it differs from the books to varying degrees. that's fine with me.

and while i think he's doing a good job with the character, i think the actor i dislike the most is theon because alfie just doesn't sync up with what's in my head.

i prefer show sansa at this point.

But... how...

i actually really like show joffrey. the actor plays the rule so perfectly and makes me want to hate joff with real gusto.

Same. My only qualm with show Joffrey is that we see him SO FUCKING MUCH. i get it, he's evil and they want to cash out on how much the audience loves to hate Joffrey, but it's overkill. We see him too much and it takes away from the actual plot.

and while i think he's doing a good job with the character, i think the actor i dislike the most is theon because alfie just doesn't sync up with what's in my head.

Interesting you say that, as Alife Allen is EASILY the acting highlight of the second season for me. Every other actor in season two disappointed, although maybe a large part of that was the terrible butchery of the plot.

Ned seeing Arya on the statue of Baelor right before his execution and shouting to Yoren, followed by him scanning the crowd frantically looking for her before Joff has Ilyn Payne chop his head off. He never sees her, but his face right before he dies shows he knew Yoren had found her.

Archived