[BOOK SPOILERS] TV Series Improvements on the Story?

AryaBaratheon

Anyone who prefers Arya/Tywin to Arya/Bolton is an idiot.

I'd take Weasel Soup and that fucking CREEPY Bolton convo with the Freys(which you only realize is creepy upon rereads) over greatly acted but ultimately pointless and filler conversations of Arya and Tywin any day.

"Yeah! Someone disagrees with me so they're obviously stupid!" :rolleyes:

I would have liked to see Arya/Roose as well, but Tywin/Arya was fine. Not having the Arya/Roose exchanges didn't greatly affect the slow burn of Roose's treachery, so I don't have a big problem with its exclusion. It also avoids the problem of trying to explain just why Arya doesn't reveal herself to Roose, which might have been tricky to show on screen.

But after reading about Weasel Soup, I was bummed to not see it happen though. Although I suspect it's exclusion had more to do with time and budgetary constraints than anything else.

I'm more interesting in the show than in the books.

Guess we'll agree to disagree. LF trying to hit on Cat makes me cringe now that I think about it.

I liked the Ayra/Tywin scenes, but these do not make up for the fact that they have ruined Ayra's character by not having her kill her way out of Harrenhall. She seems like a lost kitten rather than a soulless killer.

Exactly this. Show only, these scenes were great, and I enjoyed them because of the great actors.

In relation to the book, however, there are essential parts missing. After Arya realizes she "wasted" two deaths, she realizes that she hast to make a difference in the war; this lead to the Weasel-soup incident, she tricked Jaqen into freeing Northmen because she wanted to help Robb, not because she was afraid of her own life. Killing a supposed ally to escape is also extremely important to her character(development), besides, you frown upon that murder at first, but as soon as you realize the Boltons were traitors, I cheered a little inside.

LOL. Is he?

I dunno, Walrus.

That accent changing, heavy smoker's voice is starting to turn me off

I don't like how he is portrayed either, by the writers or the actor.

But Theon's inner conflict and relationship with his family was handled better in Season 2 than in ACOK, I think. But I was disappointed by the decision to have his own men launch a mutiny rather than show Ramsay

I can't say that I liked any of the additions/subtractions the show has made to the plot.

Theons scenes are juvenile and horrible in season 3.

Yara Greyjoy is an awful character

They turned Shae into the hooker with a heart of gold trope, great job guys.

Scenes where Bronn almost gets into a fight with a knight, puts his hand on the dagger hilt, then Tyrion walks in, are getting old.

Scenes of Robb just looking around being completely dull and boring. The RW ended up being a mercy for me. Complete opposite effect I felt while reading it.

Arya and Tywin, while interesting, was pointless and made Lord Lannister look way too merciful.

The sack of WF was ruined.

Pod's "such a great lover hookers refuse his money" was the dumbest thing they have ever done. It would be great if the show had "National Lampoons" before the title.

LOL. Is he?

I dunno, Walrus.

That accent changing, heavy smoker's voice is starting to turn me off

And this.

I don't like how he is portrayed either, by the writers or the actor.

But Theon's inner conflict and relationship with his family was handled better in Season 2 than in ACOK, I think. But I was disappointed by the decision to have his own men launch a mutiny rather than show Ramsay

I loved Season 2 for Theon aswell, but yeh, I never liked that they didn't show Ramsay sooner, because the Ironborn mutiny seemed a bit...I don't know, crap really

I want to like Aiden Gillen and at times I really do...but he's all over the fucking place to be honest.

All I need is for him to 'ace' the ''Only Cat'' scene and I'll be suitable happy. He's already acing the creepy Sansa vibes. JUST STOP WITH THE ACCENT CHANGING AND THROATY VOICE!

But... how...

i think show sansa has shown more smarts and seems more mature. of course she is a few years older and that seems to make all the difference.

Same. My only qualm with show Joffrey is that we see him SO FUCKING MUCH. i get it, he's evil and they want to cash out on how much the audience loves to hate Joffrey, but it's overkill. We see him too much and it takes away from the actual plot.

i agree, we see him a lot but i don't feel as if it's too much although it was a bit annoying during season two especially when he had that long scene with ros and the other prostitute. i really think he's amazing in the role, though.

Interesting you say that, as Alife Allen is EASILY the acting highlight of the second season for me. Every other actor in season two disappointed, although maybe a large part of that was the terrible butchery of the plot.

alfie is a great actor and he really is doing a wonderful job with the role of theon but i always imagined someone who looked completely different. more ruggardly handsome and taller. alfie, imo, actually looks like how theon behaves and i always thought that book theon was like the lannisters: pretty on the outside but ugly on the inside. then he was made ugly and broken on the outside and his become more attractive on the inside.

The Tywin/Arya scenes were terrible in terms of story and plot development - nothing much happened and they were really implausible. The only reason they worked was the quality of the acting.

Changes I liked - the added Viserys scenes, the end of Blackwater, Robert and Cersei's conversations....

Wat.

She's fucking fabulous, man. That scene in the last ep had me fistpumping the whole way through. I have literally watched that single scene about 30 times.

I loved that scene too. I like her character quite a bit.

-Not a fan of the Arya/Tywin scene. Some good dialogue but did not enjoy the creation of Little Orphan Arya and Daddy Tywinbucks at all.

-Did love the scene between Tywin and Joff this past season where Tywin offers to have Joff carried to the small council meetings. I rewatched that scene several times, it had me laughing quite a bit.

- Pretty sure I'm in the minority on this, but I really enjoy Shae's character in the show too.

Archived