Fist Pump Moments (possible spoilers)

Catelyn was thinking of her girls, wondering if she would ever see them again, when the Greatjon lurched to his feet.

“MY LORDS!” he shouted, his voice booming off the rafters. “Here is what I say to these two kings!” He spat. “ Renly Baratheon is nothing to me, nor Stannis neither. Why should they rule over me and mine, from some flowery seat in Highgarden or Dorne? What do they know of the Wall or the wolfswood or the barrows of the First Men? Even their gods are wrong. The Others take the Lannisters too, I’ve had a bellyful of them.” He reached back over his shoulder and drew his immense two-handed greatsword. “Why shouldn’t we rule ourselves again? It was the dragons we married, and the dragons are all dead!” He pointed at Robb with the blade. “There sits the only king I mean to bow my knee to, m’lords,” he thundered. “The King in the North!”

And he knelt, and laid his sword at her son’s feet.

“I’ll have peace on those terms,” Lord Karstark said. “They can keep their red castle and their iron chair as well.” He eased his longsword from its scabbard. “The King in the North!” he said, kneeling beside the Greatjon.

Maege Mormont stood. “The King of Winter!” she declared, and laid her spiked mace beside the swords. And the river lords were rising too, Blackwood and Bracken and Mallister, houses who had never been ruled from Winterfell, yet Catelyn watched them rise and draw their blades,

bending their knees and shouting the old words that had not been heard in the realm for more than three hundred years, since Aegon the Dragon had come to make the Seven Kingdoms one... yet now were heard again, ringing from the timbers of her father’s hall:

“The King in the North!”

“The King in the North!”

“THE KING IN THE NORTH!”

I can't watch the TV version of that scene anymore without getting teary-eyed :(

My Top Fistpump moments:

And through the smoke another wedge of armored riders came, on barded horses. Floating above them were the largest banners yet, royal standards as big as sheets; a yellow one with long pointed tongues that showed a flaming heart, and another like a sheet of beaten gold, with a black stag prancing and rippling in the wind. Robert, jon thought for one mad moment, remembering poor owen, but when the trumpets blew again and the knights charged, the name they cried was “Stannis! Stannis! STANNIS!”
What does Stannis offer you? Vengeance. Vengeance for my sons and yours, for your husbands and your fathers and your brothers. Vengeance for your murdered lord, your murdered king, your butchered princes. Vengeance!

Stannis bristled at that. "I defeated your uncle Victarion and his Iron Fleet off Fair Isle, the first time your father crowned himself. I held Storm's End against the power of the Reach for a year, and took Dragonstone from the Targaryens. I smashed Mance Rayder at the Wall, though he had twenty times my numbers. Tell me, turncloak, what battles has the Bastard of Bolton ever won that I should fear him?"

Edd, fetch me a block

Jaime slapping the shit out of Red Ronnet.

JonCon taking Griffin's Roost.

When Sansa refused to kneel for Tyrion to place his cloak on her shoulders in their vile abominable forced marriage.

That was a good one, anyone notice they did the opposite in the show? She did bow im assuming this is to make Peter Dinklage feel good instead of having to be ashamed by a young girl

That was a good one, anyone notice they did the opposite in the show? She did bow im assuming this is to make Peter Dinklage feel good instead of having to be ashamed by a young girl

I doubt they did that to spare Dinklage's feelings. He's an actor, and being a dwarf who is constantly laughed at for being a dwarf is part of his job/character.

I think the reason they did it is, in the novels, he has to step on top of Moon Boy. And there is no Moon Boy in the show.

I doubt they did that to spare Dinklage's feelings. He's an actor, and being a dwarf who is constantly laughed at for being a dwarf is part of his job/character.

I think the reason they did it is, in the novels, he has to step on top of Moon Boy. And there is no Moon Boy in the show.

I was just making a joke but yea the part about Moon Boy makes sense. Did you really think i was serious about that?

Couldnt have said it better myself, nice avatar by the way. Hopefully Wyman has a few more chances to bake some Frey Pies.

Thanks. Does avatar refer to my profile pic or my name? I found the pic by googling "Ian McNeice Wyman Manderly", I guess someone photoshopped his face onto a medieval picture and that's what came up.

I can't wait for the pie scene! I'm sure it'll be much more obvious in the show than it was in the books. I didn't even pick up on it till my third read through, and then only because I was looking for it as I had found it in the wikis. I love all the little Easter Eggs like that!

Thanks. Does avatar refer to my profile pic or my name? I found the pic by googling "Ian McNeice Wyman Manderly", I guess someone photoshopped his face onto a medieval picture and that's what came up.

I can't wait for the pie scene! I'm sure it'll be much more obvious in the show than it was in the books. I didn't even pick up on it till my third read through, and then only because I was looking for it as I had found it in the wikis. I love all the little Easter Eggs like that!

Technically my ref only refers to your avatar but it should have included name as well which is just as great as the avatar. I didnt catch till i saw it on the forum and reanalyzed those Theon chapters. That episode will be great epsecially the conversations between Wyman and the Freys and i cant wait to see the conversation between Davos and Jared Frey

Archived