Victarion and Dany

TargaryenFanatic

Assuming Dany makes it back to Meereen (and I'm aware that's assuming a lot), and Victarion breaks the fleet around her city while Barristan crushes the Yunkai and the sellswords, would Dany marry Victarion? Let's make a list of reasons why she would and wouldn't...

Would:

-she would have the Iron Fleet, meaning she could return to Westeros.

-she would have the ironborn, who are some of the most fearsome fighters in Westeros.

-she would be able to move the armies of Dorne around using the Iron Fleet, combined with the fleet (I think) Dorne has.

Wouldn't:

-she wouldn't be attracted to someone like Victarion. Where Drogo embraced her, Victarion would simply recognize her as "the wife" because of his previous marriages.

-she probably doesn't want to tie herself up in a third marriage after returning from near-death.

-she really, really, really wants to continue fucking Daario. Assuming he comes back not via catapult.

What are your thoughts (and hopes) on this?

Too bad The Faith made the Targaryans swear off Polygamy. It'd solve a few of Dany's problems. As things stand, I imagine Vic would get something very similar to what Quentyn got: "no I won't marry you, but we will work something out. You will have the Fire and Blood you came looking for." Uh... Lets just hope it ends better for Vic then it did for Quentyn...

I'm really looking forward to Vic's plotline next book, actually. It's sure to be interesting.

-she wouldn't be attracted to someone like Victarion. Where Drogo embraced her, Victarion would simply recognize her as "the wife" because of his previous marriages.

Everything in the books indicates that Victarion cared for all his previous wives. He's just had terrible luck with them. Kinda like Dany.

Everything in the books indicates that Victarion cared for all his previous wives. He's just had terrible luck with them. Kinda like Dany.

He had comparison, but I think he lost it, by the way he displays love with "the dusky woman." Did he ever give a name?

Daenerys turned down Xaro's relatively generous offer of a fleet to take her back to Westeros in exchange for abandoning Meereen. Victarion's offer is slightly more tempting, but it involves the same sacrifice (abandoning her quest and leaving the Meereenese freedmen to their doom) and an additional risk in that she would have to not only set aside the noble Hizdahr but also place her trust in the ironborn who are even less trustworthy than he was. Remember, Victarion and Euron are working at cross-purposes now; if she marries him, and Euron finds out, there'll be a power struggle between the two that could result in unforeseen complications with regards to their alliance.

after Groleo was killed by Bloodbeard, I thought it was pretty obvious that Victarion would take the position as Dany's admiral.

I really don't know what to expect with Dany, Victarion and Euron. I think he is the "dead man on the prow of a ship" from her vision in the house of the undying so he might be one of her three husbands.

then you have Euron who wants to marry her but you know he's already anticipated Victarion wanting to take her for himself, how is he going to gain control of the dragons from so far away anyway? are they just going to fly across the narrow sea to him? Moqorro's dream about the one eyed shadow with 10 arms is a reference to Euron (I'm sure of it) who will be a great threat to Dany. Dany also dreams about Daario raping her and having BLUE lips but Euron is on the other side of the world. trying to figure out how GRRM will flesh out the Dany/Vic/Euron storyline drives me crazy. I seriously hope Vic doesn't die soon.

and Drogo was a sweetheart?? nah... cant wait to see the interaction between Vic and Dany

Now that will be interesting

With him treating women like scum, I would like to see how Dany will react to that

She's a very different person compared to how she was with Drogo

Archived